• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spider-Gwen - Jason Latour and Robbie Rodriguez

2,566 posts in this topic

Honest question - does it (or any new Marvel comic) say "Stan Lee presents..." on the title page?

I actually just checked my Silk #1, and it does not. But if a comic does have that blurb, even if he had nothing else to do with it, then his signature is not out of place on a book, IMHO.

-slym

Maybe express grading? (shrug)

I suppose if you were confident the first to market price would be high, it could make sense from a money making standpoint.

From the Marvel Database:

Gwen Stacy

Gwendolyne Stacy (Earth-616) 0001 Fan Art

Gallery

Real Name Gwendolyne Stacy [1]

Current Alias Gwen Stacy

Aliases Gwendolyn Stacy, Gwen Stacey (alternate spellings), Gwendy

Relatives Helen Stacy (mother; deceased),

George Stacy (father; deceased),

Arthur Stacy (uncle),

Nancy Stacy (aunt),

Paul Stacy (1st cousin),

Jill Stacy (2nd cousin),

Sarah Stacy (daughter),

Gabriel Stacy (son),

Abby-L (1st clone; deceased),

Joyce Delaney (2nd clone; allegedly deceased)

Affiliation Spider-Man

Base Of Operations New York City, New York State

Cause of Death Thrown off the George Washington Bridge by the original Green Goblin and her neck snapped when caught by Spider-Man's webbing.

Status

Identity No Dual Identity

Citizenship American

Marital Status Single

Occupation Student, Model

Education College educated, science major (incomplete)

Characteristics

Gender Female

Height 5' 7"

Weight 130 lbs (59 kg)

Eyes Blue

Hair Blond

Origin

Universe Earth-616

Place of Birth Unknown, presumed to be New York.

Place of Death George Washington Bridge, New York City (changed to Brooklyn Bridge in later reprints)

Creators Stan Lee, Steve Ditko

First Appearance Appearance of Death

Amazing Spider-Man #31 Amazing Spider-Man #121

From the Marvel Database:

Gwen Stacy

Gwendolyne Stacy (Earth-616) 0001 Fan Art

Gallery

Real Name Gwendolyne Stacy [1]

Current Alias Gwen Stacy

Aliases Gwendolyn Stacy, Gwen Stacey (alternate spellings), Gwendy

Relatives Helen Stacy (mother; deceased),

George Stacy (father; deceased),

Arthur Stacy (uncle),

I don't rem Gwen's mother ever being discussed.

Stan Lee created Gwen Stacey 50 years ago. That Gwen Stacey is dead. We have established in this thread ad nauseum that this is a "new" character that was created by Latour and Rodriguez that has nothing to do with Peter Parker's dead girlfriend. Stan Lee did not write, edit, illustrate, colour, or have anything to do with this book.

So again, why have him sign it ? (shrug)

-J.

Stan Lee created Gwen Stacey 50 years ago. That Gwen Stacey is dead. We have established in this thread ad nauseum that this is a "new" character that was created by Latour and Rodriguez that has nothing to do with Peter Parker's dead girlfriend. Stan Lee did not write, edit, illustrate, colour, or have anything to do with this book.

-J.

Because Spider-Gwen is based on a character created by Stan Lee. Plus when you think Marvel, you (at least I do) associate it with Stan Lee.

I'm just saying... Plus I also got my Spider-Gwens signed by Stan so I am biased.

Edited by Praxis52

-J.

Because Spider-Gwen is based on a character created by Stan Lee. Plus when you think Marvel, you (at least I do) associate it with Stan Lee.

I'm just saying... Plus I also got my Spider-Gwens signed by Stan so I am biased.

lol (thumbs u

-J.

Gotta agree with Jaydog on this one.

If I got my Phantom variant signed by Steve Ditko would anyone give a mess?

If you got Ditko to sign it trust me people would care. The guy doesn't sign anything and is the biggest comic recluse ever.

There is old Wizard Magazine interview about him using old Spider-man artwork as backing for his dartboard because he considered the art imperfect.

:screwy:

Gotta agree with Jaydog on this one.

If I got my Phantom variant signed by Steve Ditko would anyone give a mess?

If you got Ditko to sign it trust me people would care. The guy doesn't sign anything and is the biggest comic recluse ever.

There is old Wizard Magazine interview about him using old Spider-man artwork as backing for his dartboard because he considered the art imperfect.

:screwy:

lol OK maybe that was a bad example. In any case, I'd rather the current artists/writers sign their work, it's more relevant for a SS piece.