• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spider-Gwen - Jason Latour and Robbie Rodriguez

2,566 posts in this topic

Go #TeamSlippers at Long Beach Comic Expo

Nice commish!

Thanks! Terry and his wife were both really nice. I would love to get another sketch from him!

Edited by Praxis52

Hey guys, I went to a comic con today and while looking around, noticed a guy selling Spider-Verse Gwen Stacy 2. He had a sticky on it that said black error. I looked at it and noticed that the whole background was"black" I looked at the other ones and noticed that they had more of a dark purple tint. This guy said he bought at least 50 of them and this was the only one with a pure black background.

As I'm looking at this, I can honestly say that the background is pure black compared to the other ones. What do you guys think? Look at this one and check the other ones on ebay to compare. Or am I losing my mind lol. *EDIT* the last two pictures are mine and a random one just to compare.

0a38160c-dc38-460f-9d20-b23246ccd977.jpg

0a4af749-d792-432d-91e7-a14f707048f3.jpg

7fe400c7-f2af-4892-9c76-730a36a7c9cb.jpg

001_1.jpg

EOSV_zpsj8x9pqnr.jpg

Edited by CostasA

Well he never said it was a rare black variant. He just stated that the background was pure black, where all the other ones have the purple tint to it. To me it looks like a printing error. Anyway just wondering if any of you guys have one like this that you could post up, thanks.

Sorry if it's already been discussed, but I just noticed issues of Hawkeye vs Deadpool #0 being sold on ebay as the 1st cameo appearance of Spider-Gwen.

Thoughts?

E61F4EF2-D67C-4B48-82B8-B03D5C3FE9CB.png

379510C7-83C8-43E5-ADA6-4AA78110FA99.png

Those are a bunch of cosplayers in those images.

You're better off picking up AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #9 (1st part of SPIDER-VERSE) as that's Spider-Gwen's 2nd Appearance. Many have ignored this book. I'm currently selling this coupled with her 1st Appearance (1st Print/NM), with various SPIDER-GIRL #1 variants (including Hughes) on Ebay - 11 Books total.

I got my Hughes variant the other day in the mail and it arrived perfectly but I am still not for sure if I like it. Its a nice pic of Gwen for sure, but not really related to the character. What do you guys think about it that have it? I think I like the Anka variant more.

Oh, and a shout out to Comic Kings in VA for fast and safe delivery of the items. They sold the whole package lot in advance for a lot cheaper than what they could have sold it in at the store when it was released had they pretended to be out or something like some dealers I heard did to pre-order people.

Sorry if it's already been discussed, but I just noticed issues of Hawkeye vs Deadpool #0 being sold on ebay as the 1st cameo appearance of Spider-Gwen.

Thoughts?

You're better off picking up AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #9 (1st part of SPIDER-VERSE) as that's Spider-Gwen's 2nd Appearance. Many have ignored this book. I'm currently selling this coupled with her 1st Appearance (1st Print/NM), with various SPIDER-GIRL #1 variants (including Hughes) on Ebay - 11 Books total.

Problem is, how could these be "cosplayers" if the characters did not yet exist?

And how about how Gwennie looks dead-on at the reader in the final panel? It will only take one submitter of this book to CGC with a request to update the label with "First Appearance Spider-Gwen, Cameo" or whatever, and Whammo! hm

-J.

Thoughts?

Problem is, how could these be "cosplayers" if the characters did not yet exist?

And how about how Gwennie looks dead-on at the reader in the final panel? It will only take one submitter of this book to CGC with a request to update the label with "First Appearance Spider-Gwen, Cameo" or whatever, and Whammo! hm

-J.

It's background nonsense. It's like someone inserting Clark Kent into the background of a Marvel comic. It might be him, doesn't mean it's an official appearance of the character. It's just a wink of the eye to fans, nothing more. If people buy it thinking it's a cameo, fine. I'm just not drinking that tainted Kool-Aid.

I got my Hughes variant the other day in the mail and it arrived perfectly but I am still not for sure if I like it. Its a nice pic of Gwen for sure, but not really related to the character. What do you guys think about it that have it? I think I like the Anka variant more.

I believe I read that the Adam Hughes artwork actually already existed. It was a commission piece or something, I don't recall. It just got used again for the cover--so it's possible it was done even before there WAS a character called "Spider-Gwen." Anyone know for sure?

I believe I read that the Adam Hughes artwork actually already existed. It was a commission piece or something, I don't recall. It just got used again for the cover--so it's possible it was done even before there WAS a character called "Spider-Gwen." Anyone know for sure?

Correct jtlarsen. This was a reused sketch of Gwen Stacy, however Adam Hughes did add the new Spider-Gwen image peaking from the side.

Correct jtlarsen. This was a reused sketch of Gwen Stacy, however Adam Hughes did add the new Spider-Gwen image peaking from the side.

Right. Of course. Der. Thank you! Now...anyone know where the Gwen sketch drawing first appeared?

Right. Of course. Der. Thank you! Now...anyone know where the Gwen sketch drawing first appeared?

NOWHERE IN PRINT.

It was a commissioned piece from a private collection.

NOWHERE IN PRINT.

It was a commissioned piece from a private collection.

...that first appeared in print in the 2013 Adam Hughes sketchbook called "Little Help?"