• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My road to success (Moving Update 2)
8 8

6,552 posts in this topic

Op is selling a cover less asm 7 on fb for $150 with top left corner of the book chopped off

Meanwhile, blue cgc 4.5 on eBay for $253 OBO that hasn't been bought yet...

Might consider different pricing strategy

With all due respect to the OP I can't imagine that book being worth more than $50-75

So when you come out with an asking price of likely more than two times fair market value it doesn't do anything to instill or create buyer confidence

Or assist with seller credibility

Ok but I don't understand what credibility has to do with this unless they would think I'm trying to rip them off? It's a OBO and right now I'm testing the waters to see if I'll get any offers for it.

I like to think the questions being asked are comig from a child but I know that it's coming from someone in their mid-20s. So sad...

I don't think it's sad to ask about something you're not sure about I may not be as smart as you guys but at least I'm trying.

It's sad how a 27 year old can't figure out how over pricing a book can impact their credibility as a legit seller. You seem very sure of your pricing methods and it makes total sense to you however your prices don't make any sense for the reasons mentioned by the other posters. It seems like you're hoping to sucker a new collector in over paying for your book just like the seller did to you.

^^

Gabe, the market for that book is going to be very, very difficult.

Overpriced books can be a big turn off. Being at the high end of GPA is one thing but books that are in the stratosphere, like yours for this mangled, coverless ASM #7 just make legit buyers/collectors laugh or scoff and move on and if you don't think buyers make "mental notes" of sellers, you are wrong. You are showing this inexperience over 8 FB pages too no less. LISTEN TO WHAT GATOR IS TELLING YOU.

Also, I am not surprised to see that you did not listen to my advice about cleaning up your online presence.

You still have My Little Pony and far right American political stuff on your FB page. Seriously, you are CANADIAN. WTF? Share if "You Think (Obama) Wants Civil Unrest to Disrupt the Election" - Are you out of your freaking mind? Also, what is with this "Meninist" ? Your rant against Emma Watson was the icing on the cake. She has accomplished more in 15 minutes than you have in your entire life. Get an education. Or, at the very least, understand that excessive posting of social/political views online, generally not a good thing.

As an employer, if I saw your online postings, your application would be going straight to the garbage.

2c

I don't like her views and feminist logic so I'll leave it at that. I know that the comic book community is small don't get me wrong but I also know that you can ask whatever you want because it's your comic and as you said they'll just scoff and move on, that said it only means I'll be sitting with a overpriced comic and with what gator told me I said that I would change the price after the weekend if I get no bites.

Why wait so long to lower the price?

Only two days not that long

By definition we have already established that you are hurting your credibility with that price on the asm7. Anything more than two seconds without changing the price is too long !

Op is selling a cover less asm 7 on fb for $150 with top left corner of the book chopped off

With all due respect to the OP I can't imagine that book being worth more than $50-75

So when you come out with an asking price of likely more than two times fair market value it doesn't do anything to instill or create buyer confidence

Ok but I don't understand what credibility has to do with this unless they would think I'm trying to rip them off? It's a OBO and right now I'm testing the waters to see if I'll get any offers for it.

You obviously don't know what the word "Credibility" means. Here is an assignment for you: Look up the definition of Credibility. Next, post that definition in your response. Next, tell us why asking between 2 and 3 times the value of your book does or does not hurt Your credibility and why. And by the way, your answer cannot include the fact that You overpaid for the book in the first place and it cannot include "But I put OBO". If you do this, you MIGHT actually learn something. I won't hold my breath, but stranger things have probably happened. Oh, and by the way, when you are asking 2 to 3 times market price for your book, why would a potential customer Not think that you are trying to rip them off?

Definition of the word credibility

the quality of being believable or worthy of trust:

I was always told by my dad to always ask double and work my way down so if people haggle I'll still get the price I want.

Horrible advice in comic sales. That price is neither believable nor worthy of trusting you as a seller. Hence destructive to your credibility.

Reposting n case you missed it when I posted earlier today or just chose to ignore

I like to think the questions being asked are comig from a child but I know that it's coming from someone in their mid-20s. So sad...

I don't think it's sad to ask about something you're not sure about I may not be as smart as you guys but at least I'm trying.

It's sad how a 27 year old can't figure out how over pricing a book can impact their credibility as a legit seller. You seem very sure of your pricing methods and it makes total sense to you however your prices don't make any sense for the reasons mentioned by the other posters. It seems like you're hoping to sucker a new collector in over paying for your book just like the seller did to you.

^^

Overpriced books can be a big turn off. Being at the high end of GPA is one thing but books that are in the stratosphere, like yours for this mangled, coverless ASM #7 just make legit buyers/collectors laugh or scoff and move on and if you don't think buyers make "mental notes" of sellers, you are wrong. You are showing this inexperience over 8 FB pages too no less. LISTEN TO WHAT GATOR IS TELLING YOU.

Also, I am not surprised to see that you did not listen to my advice about cleaning up your online presence.

You still have My Little Pony and far right American political stuff on your FB page. Seriously, you are CANADIAN. WTF? Share if "You Think (Obama) Wants Civil Unrest to Disrupt the Election" - Are you out of your freaking mind? Also, what is with this "Meninist" ? Your rant against Emma Watson was the icing on the cake. She has accomplished more in 15 minutes than you have in your entire life. Get an education. Or, at the very least, understand that excessive posting of social/political views online, generally not a good thing.

As an employer, if I saw your online postings, your application would be going straight to the garbage.

2c

I don't like her views and feminist logic so I'll leave it at that. I know that the comic book community is small don't get me wrong but I also know that you can ask whatever you want because it's your comic and as you said they'll just scoff and move on, that said it only means I'll be sitting with a overpriced comic and with what gator told me I said that I would change the price after the weekend if I get no bites.

I hear what people are saying about Gabes online activity is not necessarily going to impede his ability to get a job due to his present situation but it COULD and it still shows a lack of maturity and understanding of how you project yourself to others matters.

It is "nice" for you that KPR bailed you out and did not prolong your suffering with the ASM #129 CGC 8.0 but based on your ongoing attitude and excuses I don't know how many bridges you have left.

Not sure either but I know with good prices and a decent attitude there will always be someone to buy the comics and many people may not take me seriously because of all my mistakes but that's ok all in good time.

^^

2c

By definition we have already established that you are hurting your credibility with that price on the asm7. Anything more than two seconds without changing the price is too long !

That said if people see me change the price down to about 75 bucks won't that lead them to believe they can lowball me?

Edited by uchiha101

You obviously don't know what the word "Credibility" means. Here is an assignment for you: Look up the definition of Credibility. Next, post that definition in your response. Next, tell us why asking between 2 and 3 times the value of your book does or does not hurt Your credibility and why. And by the way, your answer cannot include the fact that You overpaid for the book in the first place and it cannot include "But I put OBO". If you do this, you MIGHT actually learn something. I won't hold my breath, but stranger things have probably happened. Oh, and by the way, when you are asking 2 to 3 times market price for your book, why would a potential customer Not think that you are trying to rip them off?

I was always told by my dad to always ask double and work my way down so if people haggle I'll still get the price I want.

Horrible advice in comic sales. That price is neither believable nor worthy of trusting you as a seller. Hence destructive to your credibility.

Reposting n case you missed it when I posted earlier today or just chose to ignore

Nope didn't miss it

That said if people see me change the price down to about 75 bucks won't that lead them to believe they can lowball me?

And you counter-offer, which at least starts a conversation on the book. At the price you're at there is zero chance of that happening.

Or, leave it at the price it is at. Hell, double it to make it even higher. It is only two days, right?

Edited by mysterio

And you counter-offer, which at least starts a conversation on the book. At the price you're at there is zero chance of that happening.

Or, leave it at the price it is at. Hell, double it to make it even higher. It is only two days, right?

No I won't make it worse then it is but why is two days such a big deal? I don't sell comics that quickly

No I won't make it worse then it is but why is two days such a big deal? I don't sell comics that quickly

Then make it four days. Or six. What's the big deal?

Feminist logic :sumo:

Because I only post and bump comics three days in the week and making it any longer then it's supposed to be would be pointless

Feminist logic :sumo:

No it's not I had a friend tell me that the best day to sell things are the weekend and bumping it everyday makes people think you're desperate

^^

2c

2 days wasted. I had a complete low grade ASM 7 a while back and that was even difficult to move at $120.

Because I only post and bump comics three days in the week and making it any longer then it's supposed to be would be pointless

If you actually wanted to sell the book you'd change a price you know to be wrong. What if your potential buyer sees it today? But if that'd be too much work then leave it for two more days. Or four, if it's too much work to change it Monday.

Rick, this is the most frustrating thread on the entire forum. But it's impossible to stay away.

^^

2c

2 days wasted. I had a complete low grade ASM 7 a while back and that was even difficult to move at $120.

I see now I'll change it later then

^^

2c

Considering that $75 is even too high, the answer is no.

^^

2c

I see now I'll change it later then

Later is perfect.

If you actually wanted to sell the book you'd change a price you know to be wrong. What if your potential buyer sees it today? But if that'd be too much work then leave it for two more days. Or four, if it's too much work to change it Monday.

Hmmm I did think of that and it's not that's it too much work it's that I don't want to keep bumping it as it will give the people the impression that I'm desperate and there's not many people online at the time I bump it

8 8