• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My road to success (Moving Update 2)
8 8

6,552 posts in this topic

That said if people see me change the price down to about 75 bucks won't that lead them to believe they can lowball me?

And you counter-offer, which at least starts a conversation on the book. At the price you're at there is zero chance of that happening.

Or, leave it at the price it is at. Hell, double it to make it even higher. It is only two days, right?

No I won't make it worse then it is but why is two days such a big deal? I don't sell comics that quickly

Then make it four days. Or six. What's the big deal?

Because I only post and bump comics three days in the week and making it any longer then it's supposed to be would be pointless

If you actually wanted to sell the book you'd change a price you know to be wrong. What if your potential buyer sees it today? But if that'd be too much work then leave it for two more days. Or four, if it's too much work to change it Monday.

It appears he mostly only listens to the stupid advice and largely ignores the good advice. I cannot blame that on a learning disability...I blame that on willful ignorance.

Op is selling a cover less asm 7 on fb for $150 with top left corner of the book chopped off

Meanwhile, blue cgc 4.5 on eBay for $253 OBO that hasn't been bought yet...

Might consider different pricing strategy

With all due respect to the OP I can't imagine that book being worth more than $50-75

So when you come out with an asking price of likely more than two times fair market value it doesn't do anything to instill or create buyer confidence

Or assist with seller credibility

Ok but I don't understand what credibility has to do with this unless they would think I'm trying to rip them off? It's a OBO and right now I'm testing the waters to see if I'll get any offers for it.

I like to think the questions being asked are comig from a child but I know that it's coming from someone in their mid-20s. So sad...

I don't think it's sad to ask about something you're not sure about I may not be as smart as you guys but at least I'm trying.

It's sad how a 27 year old can't figure out how over pricing a book can impact their credibility as a legit seller. You seem very sure of your pricing methods and it makes total sense to you however your prices don't make any sense for the reasons mentioned by the other posters. It seems like you're hoping to sucker a new collector in over paying for your book just like the seller did to you.

^^

Gabe, the market for that book is going to be very, very difficult.

Overpriced books can be a big turn off. Being at the high end of GPA is one thing but books that are in the stratosphere, like yours for this mangled, coverless ASM #7 just make legit buyers/collectors laugh or scoff and move on and if you don't think buyers make "mental notes" of sellers, you are wrong. You are showing this inexperience over 8 FB pages too no less. LISTEN TO WHAT GATOR IS TELLING YOU.

Also, I am not surprised to see that you did not listen to my advice about cleaning up your online presence.

You still have My Little Pony and far right American political stuff on your FB page. Seriously, you are CANADIAN. WTF? Share if "You Think (Obama) Wants Civil Unrest to Disrupt the Election" - Are you out of your freaking mind? Also, what is with this "Meninist" ? Your rant against Emma Watson was the icing on the cake. She has accomplished more in 15 minutes than you have in your entire life. Get an education. Or, at the very least, understand that excessive posting of social/political views online, generally not a good thing.

As an employer, if I saw your online postings, your application would be going straight to the garbage.

2c

I don't like her views and feminist logic so I'll leave it at that. I know that the comic book community is small don't get me wrong but I also know that you can ask whatever you want because it's your comic and as you said they'll just scoff and move on, that said it only means I'll be sitting with a overpriced comic and with what gator told me I said that I would change the price after the weekend if I get no bites.

Why wait so long to lower the price?

Only two days not that long

By definition we have already established that you are hurting your credibility with that price on the asm7. Anything more than two seconds without changing the price is too long !

That said if people see me change the price down to about 75 bucks won't that lead them to believe they can lowball me?

Considering that $75 is even too high, the answer is no.

That's good to know then

And you counter-offer, which at least starts a conversation on the book. At the price you're at there is zero chance of that happening.

Or, leave it at the price it is at. Hell, double it to make it even higher. It is only two days, right?

No I won't make it worse then it is but why is two days such a big deal? I don't sell comics that quickly

Because I only post and bump comics three days in the week and making it any longer then it's supposed to be would be pointless

If you actually wanted to sell the book you'd change a price you know to be wrong. What if your potential buyer sees it today? But if that'd be too much work then leave it for two more days. Or four, if it's too much work to change it Monday.

Hmmm I did think of that and it's not that's it too much work it's that I don't want to keep bumping it as it will give the people the impression that I'm desperate and there's not many people online at the time I bump it

:facepalm:

Op is selling a cover less asm 7 on fb for $150 with top left corner of the book chopped off

Meanwhile, blue cgc 4.5 on eBay for $253 OBO that hasn't been bought yet...

Might consider different pricing strategy

With all due respect to the OP I can't imagine that book being worth more than $50-75

So when you come out with an asking price of likely more than two times fair market value it doesn't do anything to instill or create buyer confidence

Or assist with seller credibility

Ok but I don't understand what credibility has to do with this unless they would think I'm trying to rip them off? It's a OBO and right now I'm testing the waters to see if I'll get any offers for it.

I like to think the questions being asked are comig from a child but I know that it's coming from someone in their mid-20s. So sad...

I don't think it's sad to ask about something you're not sure about I may not be as smart as you guys but at least I'm trying.

It's sad how a 27 year old can't figure out how over pricing a book can impact their credibility as a legit seller. You seem very sure of your pricing methods and it makes total sense to you however your prices don't make any sense for the reasons mentioned by the other posters. It seems like you're hoping to sucker a new collector in over paying for your book just like the seller did to you.

^^

Gabe, the market for that book is going to be very, very difficult.

Overpriced books can be a big turn off. Being at the high end of GPA is one thing but books that are in the stratosphere, like yours for this mangled, coverless ASM #7 just make legit buyers/collectors laugh or scoff and move on and if you don't think buyers make "mental notes" of sellers, you are wrong. You are showing this inexperience over 8 FB pages too no less. LISTEN TO WHAT GATOR IS TELLING YOU.

Also, I am not surprised to see that you did not listen to my advice about cleaning up your online presence.

You still have My Little Pony and far right American political stuff on your FB page. Seriously, you are CANADIAN. WTF? Share if "You Think (Obama) Wants Civil Unrest to Disrupt the Election" - Are you out of your freaking mind? Also, what is with this "Meninist" ? Your rant against Emma Watson was the icing on the cake. She has accomplished more in 15 minutes than you have in your entire life. Get an education. Or, at the very least, understand that excessive posting of social/political views online, generally not a good thing.

As an employer, if I saw your online postings, your application would be going straight to the garbage.

2c

I don't like her views and feminist logic so I'll leave it at that. I know that the comic book community is small don't get me wrong but I also know that you can ask whatever you want because it's your comic and as you said they'll just scoff and move on, that said it only means I'll be sitting with a overpriced comic and with what gator told me I said that I would change the price after the weekend if I get no bites.

Why wait so long to lower the price?

Only two days not that long

2 days wasted. I had a complete low grade ASM 7 a while back and that was even difficult to move at $120.

I see now I'll change it later then

Later is perfect.

Yes later it's not as if I'm putting it off till monday because I'm still dealing with a couple people and comics

It appears he mostly only listens to the stupid advice and largely ignores the good advice. I cannot blame that on a learning disability...I blame that on willful ignorance.

What stupid advice did I follow here?

Hmmm I did think of that and it's not that's it too much work it's that I don't want to keep bumping it as it will give the people the impression that I'm desperate and there's not many people online at the time I bump it

:facepalm:

It's true I bump a few of my comics and no one even left a comment or messaged me

You won't sell them quick because your prices are not in line with what books like that go for. You just don't get it. You're really clueless.

You won't sell them quick because your prices are not in line with what books like that go for. You just don't get it. You're really clueless.

I agree for the most part and some comics I really underpriced and people still didn't ask anything about them and I can't sell them for free

Or is it that you're just to lazy to do it?

Or he really likes owning coverless books and wants to keep it at least two more days. :wishluck:

No I used to bump everyday for a month and still no one was buying my stuff so my friend told me to stop looking desperate and bump before holidays and on weekends

Or he really likes owning coverless books and wants to keep it at least two more days. :wishluck:

lol no I already read that comic many times over but I also know this isn't a easy sale

People have sales on the threads here all the time, often at reasonable prices, a million times more reasonable than yours.

But they don't all sell automatically. You need a mix of luck and timing and reputation and selection and and selling practices and pricing and knowing your market, AND PATIENCE. Even then, there are very few sell outs. And you don't have to leave something up forever until it sells.

if you are worried about changing any given post too much, just take it down for a week or two or more and start a new one. People definitely get tired of looking at the same posts.

I agree for the most part and some comics I really underpriced and people still didn't ask anything about them and I can't sell them for free

That should tell you one of two things:

1) You're not really underpriced

or

2) You are holding onto comics that are literally worthless, meaning nobody wants them at any price. There are literally thousands of these books out there, it's only logical that you would acquire a few of them in your career as a comic book flipper.

Have you ever heard the saying "There's an for every seat"? Well, forget it, it's not true. There's tons of stuff out there that you can't pay someone to take. You are obviously sitting on some of that stuff, so get rid of it. Give it to the Goodwill, or better yet, give them away to kids (the kid friendly ones anyway). In any event, just get rid of them, if nothing else, you'll free up some space, and you won't be constantly reminded of the mistake you made when you bought them every time you see them.

People have sales on the threads here all the time, often at reasonable prices, a million times more reasonable than yours.

But they don't all sell automatically. You need a mix of luck and timing and reputation and selection and and selling practices and pricing and knowing your market, AND PATIENCE. Even then, there are very few sell outs. And you don't have to leave something up forever until it sells.

if you are worried about changing any given post too much, just take it down for a week or two or more and start a new one. People definitely get tired of looking at the same posts.

I see so it's a mix of things but when I posted sales threads people would just nice bomics and then leave.

lol no I already read that comic many times over but I also know this isn't a easy sale

Sheldon Cooper has a better grasp of sarcasm than you do.

or

2) You are holding onto comics that are literally worthless, meaning nobody wants them at any price. There are literally thousands of these books out there, it's only logical that you would acquire a few of them in your career as a comic book flipper.

Have you ever heard the saying "There's an for every seat"? Well, forget it, it's not true. There's tons of stuff out there that you can't pay someone to take. You are obviously sitting on some of that stuff, so get rid of it. Give it to the Goodwill, or better yet, give them away to kids (the kid friendly ones anyway). In any event, just get rid of them, if nothing else, you'll free up some space, and you won't be constantly reminded of the mistake you made when you bought them every time you see them.

I agree most of what I have is overpriced junk but I can give a good example

ASM 101 6.5/7.0 for 75 bucks and now one wanted it and I know that's a good price

Sheldon Cooper has a better grasp of sarcasm than you do.

Ouch yeah I'm not good with sarcasm

or

I agree most of what I have is overpriced junk but I can give a good example

ASM 101 6.5/7.0 for 75 bucks and now one wanted it and I know that's a good price

Unless it isn't 6.5/7.0, in which case it goes with the rest of your admitted overpriced junk.

If you have trouble pricing how do you know your junk is overpriced?

Edited by mysterio

8 8