• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My road to success (Moving Update 2)
8 8

6,552 posts in this topic

I have been talking with joeypost about this thread in PMs. I offered Gabe to ability to back out of the ASM #101 if he wanted. I told him if his intention is to flip it for $60-$75, I would not recommend buying it. There is no way this will sell for that much. He has decided he wants it anyways.

I have been talking with joeypost about this thread in PMs. I offered Gabe to ability to back out of the ASM #101 if he wanted. I told him if his intention is to flip it for $60-$75, I would not recommend buying it. There is no way this will sell for that much. He has decided he wants it anyways.

You did nothing wrong! Your price was perfectly appropriate given the grade. It is not your responsibility to help the buyer who's sole intention was to try and flip your book.

I think that was a very kind thing for you to do, very admirable :applause:

14801132_1249344915117796_966915643_n.jpg

14800773_1249347515117536_314230924_n.jpg

Nice! How much are you going to try to sell it for?

I concur, this was a very good deal.

I'd like to see a lot more of these and less of the emotional buys :)

Thanks people don't believe me when I said I'm changing. Changing anything about your personality isn't something that's done overnight. More of these deals will happen.

Actions speak louder than words. You've said this before and since then you've purchased the DV3 and the ASM 101 pink variant...and have admitted that both of those might've been mistakes.

Stop talking about it and just start doing it and stop being so damn defensive when people are trying to help you.

The asm 101 because of the grade I thought it was and the DV 3 I bought the day of hype which was a mistake.

OK, don't do that again.

Not just that - you need to change how you BUY books.

If you bought the ASM 101 for yourself - the price might have been a little high, but not over the top outrageous - as long as you personally did not mind the ink.

For resale? - not even in the ballpark. The research I showed you - you could have compared books instead of trying to assign a grade and come to the conclusion that this was not a flipper price.

DV 3 I bought the day of hype which was a mistake

the correct statement -

DV 3 I bought a hype book because of the hype.

Seriously - you need to stop chasing hype books. The people that benefit from hype bump ( if there is any) - are the ones that bought the book at a low price point and have them in stock. If you try to chase after the fact - you are one of those making $$$ for others.

A test for you - buy analysis......

Pretend you are looking for an ASM 7 as only a reader (for yourself - not for flipping) - so you decide to purchase a cover-less.

research the two listed on ebay and get back to us - what did you find and what actions would you take?

this should be less than a 10 minute exercise.....

I just went and looked at a collection of beat up, mid grade Power Pack books. I think if I press the living pee out of them I can flip them for a profit, and I"m not ashamed to talk about it. :cloud9:

You did nothing wrong! Your price was perfectly appropriate given the grade. It is not your responsibility to help the buyer who's sole intention was to try and flip your book.

This.

This.

I agree he did nothing wrong. He's still a good guy for making the offer though.

I have been talking with joeypost about this thread in PMs.

???

I called Joey to verify this and all I get is a message saying " we're sorry, the number you have reached has been disconected ". (shrug)

I need to go and play " You Got Me Floatin " by Hendrix

???

I called Joey to verify this and all I get is a message saying " we're sorry, the number you have reached has been disconected ". (shrug)

What number did you call? I brought this to the sellers attention in the hopes that Gabe would take it as an easy way out.

gump quote>

???

What number did you call? I brought this to the sellers attention in the hopes that Gabe would take it as an easy way out.

gump quote>

:facepalm:

sorry brother, it was a joke. I've had a few beers already today in prep for the Cubs game and debate.

8 8