• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My road to success (Moving Update 2)
8 8

6,552 posts in this topic

Gabe why do you keep playing the lottery??? (you probably don't know what I'm getting at so I'm going to spell it out).

Why would you buy a book today that MIGHT and that is capitalized for a HUGE reason, sell for more money down the road?

Why not invest the money in a book that you buy for $20 that you can almost instantly flip for $40? take that $40 and buy 2 more books at $20 each, and take that $80 and get 4 books zippity boop and you've got your first million. Instead you insist on picking 1 in a billion comics that "your friend" thinks will heat up down the road. You've now got $20 stuck in a book that is sitting waiting thinking about maybe one day being worth more than you've paid.

On a consistent basis I don't have a list like other people buy I just buy what's hot a very rarely a non hot key for a good price.

How was what you paid a good price?

How is it a hot key?

I wasn't talking about 157 I was talking about in general

Gabe why do you keep playing the lottery??? (you probably don't know what I'm getting at so I'm going to spell it out).

Why would you buy a book today that MIGHT and that is capitalized for a HUGE reason, sell for more money down the road?

Why not invest the money in a book that you buy for $20 that you can almost instantly flip for $40? take that $40 and buy 2 more books at $20 each, and take that $80 and get 4 books zippity boop and you've got your first million. Instead you insist on picking 1 in a billion comics that "your friend" thinks will heat up down the road. You've now got $20 stuck in a book that is sitting waiting thinking about maybe one day being worth more than you've paid.

On a consistent basis I don't have a list like other people buy I just buy what's hot a very rarely a non hot key for a good price.

So - I am no longer giving any advice - too tired of being ignored - but general statements

Iceman - that is a very good strategy. It sounds like if you know what to look for and keep a solid list - consistent money can be had in this game.

Gabe - I did the math for you earlier - you may have forgotten - chasing hype books - you fail (lose money) about 89% of the time.

No I didn't forget that you said that but I don't remember the math and if I were able to do what iceman did I would.

Gabe-I'm not sure if you're kidding or not, so, were you actually planning on going trick or treating this year until your mom told you not to? Just a simple Yes or No will suffice.

Yes

Okay, this speaks volumes, because NOBODY who is over 15 years old (and I'm spotting you at least 3 years here) thinks that it is still acceptable for them to go trick or treating. You are 23, and you claim that you still think that it's okay. So, one of two things is going on here:

1) You are completely normal, with a few learning issues, but are so starved for attention that even negative attention is better than none at all

OR

2) You have issues that no one short of a specialized professional can help you with.

I don't know which it is, and frankly, it's none of my business. However, this is the point where I realized that you either will never take any of the advice offered, or you simply don't have the ability to understand any of the advice or concepts being presented. Either way, I wouldn't expect too much more advice to be offered to you any longer, because, let's face it, at best, you won't like it, and it will bounce off you like a Super Pinky rubber ball, and at worst, you won't be able to comprehend it. So why should anyone waste the time and effort to try to help you any longer? We'll just keep watching this train wreck thread as it lumbers along the track on its way to who knows where.

The answer is the first option but I'm not starved for attention you just think it is because you can't comprehend that I'm actually doing these things.

Gabe does not joke about being told to not go trick or treating by his mean mom!

That wan't my mom being mean but yes I wasn't joking when I said I wanted to go for Halloween

I thought you said you chose not to go trick or treating. Are you saying your mom told you you can't go and then you decided not to?

Yes I said that I wanted to go but when my mom told me I couldn't go that was that.

So - I am no longer giving any advice - too tired of being ignored - but general statements

Iceman - that is a very good strategy. It sounds like if you know what to look for and keep a solid list - consistent money can be had in this game.

Gabe - I did the math for you earlier - you may have forgotten - chasing hype books - you fail (lose money) about 89% of the time.

No I didn't forget that you said that but I don't remember the math and if I were able to do what iceman did I would.

You're just too lazy to put in the effort. Like I mentioned earlier, I have a team member who has a REAL learning disability and he is able to function working on his own. I've never heard him say his disability held him back from anything in life nor have I heard him blame his disability for anything he couldn't do. He accepted it and moved on and did something for himself.

How is it a hot key?

So why did you buy 157??? It clearly is a lottery purchase.

Darth Vader 3 lottery purchase

I forget some of your other recent purchases other than the presale of a presale.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to print off a list of a few hundred books in alphabetical order (hell add pictures to the list to make it easier) and put that in a binder. If you don't know Jesse in the area you will eventually. He went to a shop in our area and pulled out 5 copies 6 months ago of Omega men 3. He sent them all to be graded and they all came back 9.8. He paid $5 + tx for the books (yes he paid a $1 a book) and he instantly could have made about $150 on them if he wanted...or he knew what a 9.8 looked like, graded them and is now going to make about $1000. This was only 1 of his buys but its doable in the area if you work for it.

Gabe does not joke about being told to not go trick or treating by his mean mom!

That wan't my mom being mean but yes I wasn't joking when I said I wanted to go for Halloween

I thought you said you chose not to go trick or treating. Are you saying your mom told you you can't go and then you decided not to?

Yes I said that I wanted to go but when my mom told me I couldn't go that was that.

I'll give you some candy little boy! :devil:

How is it a hot key?

I forget some of your other recent purchases other than the presale of a presale.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to print off a list of a few hundred books in alphabetical order (hell add pictures to the list to make it easier) and put that in a binder. If you don't know Jesse in the area you will eventually. He went to a shop in our area and pulled out 5 copies 6 months ago of Omega men 3. He sent them all to be graded and they all came back 9.8. He paid $5 + tx for the books (yes he paid a $1 a book) and he instantly could have made about $150 on them if he wanted...or he knew what a 9.8 looked like, graded them and is now going to make about $1000. This was only 1 of his buys but its doable in the area if you work for it.

Yeah but isn't that doing exactly what you're tell me not to? Going after hype books? Or is this ok because he's doing it the smart way? The name sounds familiar though.

You're just too lazy to put in the effort. Like I mentioned earlier, I have a team member who has a REAL learning disability and he is able to function working on his own. I've never heard him say his disability held him back from anything in life nor have I heard him blame his disability for anything he couldn't do. He accepted it and moved on and did something for himself.

Yes because I have a fake learning disability :P you don't know what it does or doesn't do so don't assume anything. You had someone that had a disability good for him. I don't make things up for the hell of it despite what you think and I agree that I won't get far if I keep letting it get in my way and not wanting to improve or doing anything to fix it just yet but I'm doing it at my own pace.

How is it a hot key?

Yeah but isn't that doing exactly what you're tell me not to? Going after hype books? Or is this ok because he's doing it the smart way? The name sounds familiar though.

Omega men 3 has been a solid $20 book for years. Its now a $40 book. The smart way...how can you not see the difference?

He paid $1 for a $20 book. He can take that $1 book home tonight and sell it and make money

You paid $20 for a book that you CAN'T take home and sell for more than you paid.

I'll give you some candy little boy! :devil:

:o

lol

How is it a hot key?

Omega men 3 has been a solid $20 book for years. Its now a $40 book. The smart way...how can you not see the difference?

He paid $1 for a $20 book. He can take that $1 book home tonight and sell it and make money

You paid $20 for a book that you CAN'T take home and sell for more than you paid.

I paid 13.52 for it but yes I do see the difference but I wanted to ask and make sure I got it right.

How is it a hot key?

I paid 13.52 for it but yes I do see the difference but I wanted to ask and make sure I got it right.

(thumbs u

Yes because I have a fake learning disability :P you don't know what it does or doesn't do so don't assume anything. You had someone that had a disability good for him. I don't make things up for the hell of it despite what you think and I agree that I won't get far if I keep letting it get in my way and not wanting to improve or doing anything to fix it just yet but I'm doing it at my own pace.

Never said it was fake but you seem to use that as an excuse for everything. This other kid doesn't. I don't think you're making this up as I truly think you need some serious help. As far as doing things at your own pace...you every wonder why people think you're lazy? I could care less if you keep doing things at your own pace and doing what you want to do, but by the time you finally wake up and try to change your life, you'll be so stuck in the you're in that you'll just settle.

I watched a show the other day about kids of all ages up to their mid twenties, and how they strived to work hard in spite of their disabilities. There were kids with no legs, or arms etc. Working in grocery stores,fast food, yes and even hard manual labor. Then I look at people like you who make excuses that their disabilities are hindering their lives. Do you have all your limbs? Are you able to speak, or hear?

All your fingers and toes? You may be disabled to some extent, but you should never let it get the best of you. You my friend use your disability as a crutch.

Somehow you need to become a man, and man up. Nobody here can help you really, you need to pull up your pants and do it yourself.

Gabe-I'm not sure if you're kidding or not, so, were you actually planning on going trick or treating this year until your mom told you not to? Just a simple Yes or No will suffice.

Yes

Okay, this speaks volumes, because NOBODY who is over 15 years old (and I'm spotting you at least 3 years here) thinks that it is still acceptable for them to go trick or treating. You are 23, and you claim that you still think that it's okay. So, one of two things is going on here:

1) You are completely normal, with a few learning issues, but are so starved for attention that even negative attention is better than none at all

OR

2) You have issues that no one short of a specialized professional can help you with.

I don't know which it is, and frankly, it's none of my business. However, this is the point where I realized that you either will never take any of the advice offered, or you simply don't have the ability to understand any of the advice or concepts being presented. Either way, I wouldn't expect too much more advice to be offered to you any longer, because, let's face it, at best, you won't like it, and it will bounce off you like a Super Pinky rubber ball, and at worst, you won't be able to comprehend it. So why should anyone waste the time and effort to try to help you any longer? We'll just keep watching this train wreck thread as it lumbers along the track on its way to who knows where.

The answer is the first option but I'm not starved for attention you just think it is because you can't comprehend that I'm actually doing these things. [/quote

Kid, you can't have it both ways. The reason nobody can comprehend that you do these things is because it's not normal behavior.

Never said it was fake but you seem to use that as an excuse for everything. This other kid doesn't. I don't think you're making this up as I truly think you need some serious help. As far as doing things at your own pace...you every wonder why people think you're lazy? I could care less if you keep doing things at your own pace and doing what you want to do, but by the time you finally wake up and try to change your life, you'll be so stuck in the you're in that you'll just settle.

That's kinda what I said about but yes you do have a point the more that I use it as an excuse for everything the worse off my situation will be.

I watched a show the other day about kids of all ages up to their mid twenties, and how they strived to work hard in spite of their disabilities. There were kids with no legs, or arms etc. Working in grocery stores,fast food, yes and even hard manual labor. Then I look at people like you who make excuses that their disabilities are hindering their lives. Do you have all your limbs? Are you able to speak, or hear?

All your fingers and toes? You may be disabled to some extent, but you should never let it get the best of you. You my friend use your disability as a crutch.

Somehow you need to become a man, and man up. Nobody here can help you really, you need to pull up your pants and do it yourself.

What tv show was it? And I don't only have a learning disability but you have a point I should start doing things about it.

Yes

OR

The answer is the first option but I'm not starved for attention you just think it is because you can't comprehend that I'm actually doing these things. [/quote

Kid, you can't have it both ways. The reason nobody can comprehend that you do these things is because it's not normal behavior.

Yeah I should have guessed that but honestly I don't care about attention.

Yes, his mom knows better and told him it isn't safe for a 23 year old to go out trick or treating, meanwhile a bunch of 10 year olds are running around the neighborhood in scary costumes going trick or treating. :facepalm:

I'll mention this again since you may have forgotten, I don't live in the safest of neighborhoods and taking a car would be the safer solution and it's faster.

Do you live in Niagara Falls, NY or Canada?

NY I could understand this statement, but Ontario. Who tells you this, your Mom who watches the news?

Jim

8 8