• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My road to success (Moving Update 2)
8 8

6,552 posts in this topic

Comics purchased

FF53 CGC 7.0 Paid $140

and on that note this will be my final purchase on paypal for a while until I sell more comics,

Personal or to Flip?

Did you pull an ASM 129 8.5/8.0 mistake again?

The FF53 is to flip

What time frame are you giving yourself to sell it? What platform are you going to be using to sell it?

I'll try to sell it in between the time of announcement and when the trailer shows which is when it would be the hottest. I'll try to sell it on the boards when the time is right if not then fb, my last resort is Ebay.

Comics purchased

FF53 CGC 7.0 Paid $140

and on that note this will be my final purchase on paypal for a while until I sell more comics,

Will this be one of the 11% that you make money on or one of the 89% that you lose on?

It will be the 11% I make money on

Wanna bet?

What would the bet be?

Comics purchased

FF53 CGC 7.0 Paid $140

Personal or to Flip?

The FF53 is to flip

What time frame are you giving yourself to sell it? What platform are you going to be using to sell it?

I'll try to sell it in between the time of announcement and when the trailer shows which is when it would be the hottest. I'll try to sell it on the boards when the time is right if not then fb, my last resort is Ebay.

The time of what announcement?

Comics purchased

FF53 CGC 7.0 Paid $140

Personal or to Flip?

The FF53 is to flip

Is this a long term or short term flip? Is Klaw a major character thats going to be in a movie or something?

Wait, you bought an FF 53 to hold until sometime next year at the earliest?

Do you not already have an FF 53 CGC 5.0 for sale on eBay?

If so, why did you buy another copy?

Have you had any offers for the book you already have listed?

Why are you paying FMV for graded books? You don't have the capital or existing inventory to be paying FMV for books. You aren't a fully stocked dealer who can sit on books and wait for price hikes that are the result of casting news, trailer leaks, and movie releases.

You need to have a sense of urgency and actually flip the books you are buying, as in selling them shortly after buying them.

The only good thing about the FF 53 purchase was that you bought a graded copy, which saved you from buying an overgraded copy.

But still, stop spending your money on one book. With 140 bucks you could have done some significant damage to a store's back issue bins. And you would end up with more than a few books that you could turn over in a week or less.

You need to embrace the tao of Costanza and do the opposite of what your instincts are telling you in regards to buying and selling comics.

Comics purchased

FF53 CGC 7.0 Paid $140

Personal or to Flip?

The FF53 is to flip

Is this a long term or short term flip? Is Klaw a major character thats going to be in a movie or something?

This is a longer term flip and to put it simply Klaw is basically Red Skull if you want it like that so he's important

Wait, you bought an FF 53 to hold until sometime next year at the earliest?

Do you not already have an FF 53 CGC 5.0 for sale on eBay?

If so, why did you buy another copy?

Have you had any offers for the book you already have listed?

Why are you paying FMV for graded books? You don't have the capital or existing inventory to be paying FMV for books. You aren't a fully stocked dealer who can sit on books and wait for price hikes that are the result of casting news, trailer leaks, and movie releases.

You need to have a sense of urgency and actually flip the books you are buying, as in selling them shortly after buying them.

The only good thing about the FF 53 purchase was that you bought a graded copy, which saved you from buying an overgraded copy.

But still, stop spending your money on one book. With 140 bucks you could have done some significant damage to a store's back issue bins. And you would end up with more than a few books that you could turn over in a week or less.

You need to embrace the tao of Costanza and do the opposite of what your instincts are telling you in regards to buying and selling comics.

Yes that FF53 5.0 is for sale and it's mine and I bought another copy because I'll be selling off the lower grade ones I have. I have had offers one 4 of the comics I had listed but they were low. I actually bought over a raw copy because prices were almost the same.

Well I'm trying to have a sense of urgency with the hulk 180 but I haven't even had any bites yet and I bought it under guide and everything.

Well I'm trying to have a sense of urgency with the hulk 180 but I haven't even had any bites yet and I bought it under guide and everything.[/b]

So buying a book under market and you can't sell it under market so your solution is to buy books OVER market and wait for the market to catch up...hopefully...one day...after an announcement or trailer...or something like that.

Sense you have made much of.

Well I'm trying to have a sense of urgency with the hulk 180 but I haven't even had any bites yet and I bought it under guide and everything.[/b]

So buying a book under market and you can't sell it under market so your solution is to buy books OVER market and wait for the market to catch up...hopefully...one day...after an announcement or trailer...or something like that.

No the idea was to buy the comic under gpa by at least half but that didn't work out. Also this is black panther's 2nd app we're talking about here which is currently undervalued and 1st app of Klaw.

No the idea was to buy the comic under gpa by at least half but that didn't work out. Also this is black panther's 2nd app we're talking about here which is currently undervalued and 1st app of Klaw.

No mess it didn't work out. Did someone hold a gun to your head and say you have to buy this book or else? So what if its currently undervalued. You are playing the same game you were playing last buy. A lottery game that ST would "increase" or that DV3 would "increase" you have to hold these books for MONTHS without ever being able to put them on the market.

What makes you think the book is undervalued? Why would you buy a second copy of a book when you can't even sell the first copy? I just don't understand your reasoning with these purchases.

What makes you think the book is undervalued? Why would you buy a second copy of a book when you can't even sell the first copy? I just don't understand your reasoning with these purchases.

I understand his reasoning, though I don't agree with a lot of it and he knows it. Just go with the flow brother :)

How much higher do you think that book will go? 2nd appearances generally aren't worth as much as the character's first appearance so I don't see it as being undervalued even with the 1st appearance of Klaw. He has already appeared in a movie and that did nothing for his 1st appearance.

Nov-04-2016 $115

Aug-28-2016 $79

Aug-28-2016 $113

last 90 days........

I did pay 115 it's the shipping that was 24.50

Why is 25% of your cost, shipping? You can't make money at those kind of rates. You can't buy $100 books to flip, where the shipping is 25% percent of your cost. Go to a show, by that kind of book where there is no shipping costs.

It just doesn't make sense.

Jim

No mess it didn't work out. Did someone hold a gun to your head and say you have to buy this book or else? So what if its currently undervalued. You are playing the same game you were playing last buy. A lottery game that ST would "increase" or that DV3 would "increase" you have to hold these books for MONTHS without ever being able to put them on the market.

Not necessarily you can always it up for cheaper then your competition and sell it off that way.

Yes I'll have to wait months on them but the other times are because I fully didn't listen to my friend I'll give you examples

DV 3 -

His Advice

Buy them as cheap as you can

What I did

I bought them 3 days later after he told me and the price was already hyped up

What he did

Contacted local lcs's and bought under cover price and was buying them under the radar for a year now.

ST157

His advice

Buy copies you find cheap but only buy one or two be careful

What I did

Bought the first copy I saw that was cheap

What he did

Only purchased them in lots with other comics

FF53

Buy them as it's undervalued and a no brainer and undervalued

What I did

Bought copies about two years ago and a 7.0 recently

What he did

Buys copies cheap and lowballs if they say no he walks away if they don't he buys them

8 8