• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My road to success (Moving Update 2)
8 8

6,552 posts in this topic

Well I'm trying to have a sense of urgency with the hulk 180 but I haven't even had any bites yet and I bought it under guide and everything.[/b]

So buying a book under market and you can't sell it under market so your solution is to buy books OVER market and wait for the market to catch up...hopefully...one day...after an announcement or trailer...or something like that.

Sense you have made much of.

No the idea was to buy the comic under gpa by at least half but that didn't work out. Also this is black panther's 2nd app we're talking about here which is currently undervalued and 1st app of Klaw.

How much higher do you think that book will go? 2nd appearances generally aren't worth as much as the character's first appearance so I don't see it as being undervalued even with the 1st appearance of Klaw. He has already appeared in a movie and that did nothing for his 1st appearance.

At least 20-30% higher then what it is right now and that movie he appeared in was civil war, I find the solo movies get more hype and interest in the character that the movies about and what's more he's not a villain so that means his value will have more staying power even after the movie for a bit.

If you hit the high end of your estimate, a 30% increase will turn your $115 book (bought at a GPA high to boot) into a $150 book, a $35 profit you paid $25 shipping to acquire. Not to mention tying up $140 of capital to ultimately make $10 if your rosiest scenario works out.

12 month GPA is $132 and 90 day is $102, so the book has trended down recently. If the book does increase your rosy 30% from the average it will be a $132 book, which is less than you paid for your copy after shipping. In other words, you're either intentionally losing money or still ignoring the most basic advice from this board to do your math before you spend money.

If Klaw isn't a villain then what is he?

I honestly don't know why anyone is still trying to give you advice. You clearly trust this FB friend enough to (poorly) follow his advice while ignoring this board. If this terrible buy, the latest in a string of ill-conceived moves, isn't the straw that breaks the rest of your board support I'll be surprised.

The 30% is just a minimum calculation it can go for more my friends are better at calculating that then I am. Yes the comic is trending down but that's exactly when you by when prices are dropping. I also use the previous year to gauge what I can expect the comic to go for which the average was 127 and the highest was 280 and for this year the comic cooled down so the highest price was 188 and the average is 79.

However using those numbers I can guess it will be around 150-220 at least when the hype happens.

Also Klaw is a villain but I was saying villains are tough to invest in since they lose their value quickly.

A few questions so I can make a fair assessment.

How liquid are you at this moment?

What inventory do you have?

What ability do you have to travel?

Do you own a printer/scanner/camera?

How many board sales have you done in the last year?

How often do you visit:

A. Comic shops

B. Conventions

C. Flea markets/garage sales/estate sales

D. Reply to Craigslist or newspaper ads for Comics

Do you have an eBay account and Facebook account?

1) I have about 250 dollars left to spend

2) I'm not sure what you mean by what inventory

3) I have the ability to travel by bus or pay my dad and he'll take me to that place

4) I have a printer, scanner and camera

I've done two board sale attempts but nothing happened

A) I visit comic shops twice a week at least

B) I've only been to one convention my whole life

C) I rarely go if ever to flea markets/garage sales/estate sales

D) This is something I do often and I forgot you can still find comic book ads in the newspapers

I have both an Facebook and Ebay account

Comics purchased

FF53 CGC 7.0 Paid $140

and on that note this will be my final purchase on paypal for a while until I sell more comics,

Will this be one of the 11% that you make money on or one of the 89% that you lose on?

It will be the 11% I make money on

Wanna bet?

What would the bet be?

That this book will not make you any money.

Ok

Nov-04-2016 $115

Aug-28-2016 $79

Aug-28-2016 $113

last 90 days........

I did pay 115 it's the shipping that was 24.50

Why is 25% of your cost, shipping? You can't make money at those kind of rates. You can't buy $100 books to flip, where the shipping is 25% percent of your cost. Go to a show, by that kind of book where there is no shipping costs.

It just doesn't make sense.

Jim

Yeah I asked about that and he says because it's going to Canada he can't really help me there.

Why didn't you have it shipped to the address in the United States of America?

I could have and saved about 13 dollars but my friends are busy and don't always have time to take pics for me so I had it shipped to my address instead because yes I'll pay a bit more but I don't have to ask myself if I can take a pic and wait a couple days.

Well I'm trying to have a sense of urgency with the hulk 180 but I haven't even had any bites yet and I bought it under guide and everything.[/b]

So buying a book under market and you can't sell it under market so your solution is to buy books OVER market and wait for the market to catch up...hopefully...one day...after an announcement or trailer...or something like that.

No the idea was to buy the comic under gpa by at least half but that didn't work out. Also this is black panther's 2nd app we're talking about here which is currently undervalued and 1st app of Klaw.

No mess it didn't work out. Did someone hold a gun to your head and say you have to buy this book or else? So what if its currently undervalued. You are playing the same game you were playing last buy. A lottery game that ST would "increase" or that DV3 would "increase" you have to hold these books for MONTHS without ever being able to put them on the market.

Not necessarily you can always it up for cheaper then your competition and sell it off that way.

Yes I'll have to wait months on them but the other times are because I fully didn't listen to my friend I'll give you examples

DV 3 -

His Advice

Buy them as cheap as you can

What I did

I bought them 3 days later after he told me and the price was already hyped up

What he did

Contacted local lcs's and bought under cover price and was buying them under the radar for a year now.

ST157

His advice

Buy copies you find cheap but only buy one or two be careful

What I did

Bought the first copy I saw that was cheap

What he did

Only purchased them in lots with other comics

FF53

Buy them as it's undervalued and a no brainer and undervalued

What I did

Bought copies about two years ago and a 7.0 recently

What he did

Buys copies cheap and lowballs if they say no he walks away if they don't he buys them

Who is this anonymous sage? Is he a boardie? A Facebook pal?

Also, are you "no longer/taking a break from buying" lol because your PayPal account is drained?

He's my facebook friend and he's much smarter then myself and yes for now I'm taking a break because my paypal account is drained until I sell more comics or video games

You should hope that nobody submits for a refund. If you are out of funds - what will you do?

Oh I'm not completely out of money I have about 400 dollars left should someone want to make a refund.

No mess it didn't work out. Did someone hold a gun to your head and say you have to buy this book or else? So what if its currently undervalued. You are playing the same game you were playing last buy. A lottery game that ST would "increase" or that DV3 would "increase" you have to hold these books for MONTHS without ever being able to put them on the market.

Not necessarily you can always it up for cheaper then your competition and sell it off that way.

Yes I'll have to wait months on them but the other times are because I fully didn't listen to my friend I'll give you examples

DV 3 -

His Advice

Buy them as cheap as you can

What I did

I bought them 3 days later after he told me and the price was already hyped up

What he did

Contacted local lcs's and bought under cover price and was buying them under the radar for a year now.

ST157

His advice

Buy copies you find cheap but only buy one or two be careful

What I did

Bought the first copy I saw that was cheap

What he did

Only purchased them in lots with other comics

FF53

Buy them as it's undervalued and a no brainer and undervalued

What I did

Bought copies about two years ago and a 7.0 recently

What he did

Buys copies cheap and lowballs if they say no he walks away if they don't he buys them

Who is this anonymous sage? Is he a boardie? A Facebook pal?

Also, are you "no longer/taking a break from buying" lol because your PayPal account is drained?

He's my facebook friend and he's much smarter then myself and yes for now I'm taking a break because my paypal account is drained until I sell more comics or video games

You should hope that nobody submits for a refund. If you are out of funds - what will you do?

It's probably a safe bet that he hasn't even considered that possibility.

I have considered it

Gabe, how are you doing with the NYX #4, New Gods #7, Betty and Me #16, two copies of UXM #221 and 4 copies of Black Lightning #1? What did you pay? Sell any of them yet?

Don't have the numbers off hand but I have listed or sold any of them yet however I did make a plan

The first comics to sell off will be

NYX 4

New Gods 7

Betty and me 16

X-Men 221

The copies of black lightning 1 will have to be kept until later

Nov-04-2016 $115

Aug-28-2016 $79

Aug-28-2016 $113

last 90 days........

I did pay 115 it's the shipping that was 24.50

Why is 25% of your cost, shipping? You can't make money at those kind of rates. You can't buy $100 books to flip, where the shipping is 25% percent of your cost. Go to a show, by that kind of book where there is no shipping costs.

It just doesn't make sense.

Jim

Yeah I asked about that and he says because it's going to Canada he can't really help me there.

At that point, you should have walked away. Your best bet is to get a 40 hr per week job. With the amount of time you already have in this book, you could have made $50 Right now, you are working harder avoiding a job, than the actual work would be.

I'm a little bit tired but what do you mean I could have already made $50? 25 from shipping what's the other 25?

I think what he's trying to tell you is that if you were working at a job earning minimum wage, and worked the same number of hours that you have invested in this latest book, in addition to the back breaking 20 that you are working already, you would have earned an additional $50.00, or roughly the same amount as the potential profit that you hope to make on this book.

I have very little money left so I'm going to buy books I need to hold for months hoping and praying that they will take off :banana:

I do have money left but not for buying comics right now I'm holding the money in case the harambe comics backfire

I have very little money left so I'm going to buy books I need to hold for months hoping and praying that they will take off :banana:

On the plus side it means he can't spend any more money to lose (shrug)

He still has that credit card that he had to get because the credit card company was very persuasive.

Yes I still have it

He still has that credit card that he had to get because the credit card company was very persuasive.

True, but as far as we know he hasn't activated it yet. I can't even imagine the trouble that would create if he ever decides to use it.

I have activated it about 2 months ago but haven't used it

True, but as far as we know he hasn't activated it yet. I can't even imagine the trouble that would create if he ever decides to use it.

Don't you have to use it to activate it?

I'm assuming you've never had a credit card hm

Gabe, how are you doing with the NYX #4, New Gods #7, Betty and Me #16, two copies of UXM #221 and 4 copies of Black Lightning #1? What did you pay? Sell any of them yet?

Don't have the numbers off hand but I have listed or sold any of them yet however I did make a plan

NYX 4

New Gods 7

Betty and me 16

X-Men 221

How much did these books cost you/what did you pay?

I do have money left but not for buying comics right now I'm holding the money in case the harambe comics backfire

Yup and instead of buying books you can move quickly (for profit) you continue to play the lottery buying books at full/above gpa and hoping that after some future event you make 30%. You would be wiser to buy a hulk 181 and wait the same 6 months and you would prob make more.

I'm assuming you've never had a credit card hm

My wife hands me the credit card when she wants me to go to the store,otherwise no.

Mommy says comic dealing is not always cool. lol

No it was just the pin code the needed to activate it

NYX 4

New Gods 7

Betty and me 16

X-Men 221

$274.68 dollars

Edited by uchiha101

NYX 4

New Gods 7

Betty and me 16

X-Men 221

$216 dollars

Grades and cost breakdown per book?

USD or CDN? Did that include shipping?

8 8