• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My road to success (Moving Update 2)
8 8

6,552 posts in this topic

Gabe, how are you doing with the NYX #4, New Gods #7, Betty and Me #16, two copies of UXM #221 and 4 copies of Black Lightning #1? What did you pay? Sell any of them yet?

Don't have the numbers off hand but I have listed or sold any of them yet however I did make a plan

The first comics to sell off will be

NYX 4

New Gods 7

Betty and me 16

X-Men 221

The copies of black lightning 1 will have to be kept until later

How much did these books cost you/what did you pay?

$216 dollars

Grades and cost breakdown per book?

USD or CDN? Did that include shipping?

It's in USD and shipping has already been added

Cost break down per book

X-men 221 Buy$15.94

X-Men 221 Buy $19.94

Black lightning #1 Buy $38.94

Black lightning #1 Buy $35.94

Black lightning #1 Buy $40

NYX 4 Buy $9.64

Betty and me 16 Buy $9.64

new Gods 7 Buy $24.64

Correction Wall crawler Cost is $274.68

Edited by uchiha101

C) I rarely go if ever to flea markets/garage sales/estate sales

And there it is. The dealer/flipper golden ticket - but it's all a bit hard to get up in the morning I guess.

This is where you find your profit Gabe - and by getting there first.

Check out the Garage sale/ flea market thread in CG - EVERYONE who scored those books had to work to find them.

It's as simple as that!

And there it is. The dealer/flipper golden ticket - but it's all a bit hard to get up in the morning I guess.

Check out the Garage sale/ flea market thread in CG - EVERYONE who scored those books had to work to find them.

It's as simple as that!

I know as that thread is one my watch lists and it's not about getting up in the morning for me it's having transportation to come back.

I know as that thread is one my watch lists and it's not about getting up in the morning for me it's having transportation to come back.[/b]

Getting a beater car and a drivers license should be your number one priority.

That's a lot of money tied up in Black Lightning.

Do network tv shows generate a price bump enough to justify paying $40 each for these? After a cursory search, this seems high.

Also, what are the grades associated with your copies?

Do network tv shows generate a price bump enough to justify paying $40 each for these? After a cursory search, this seems high.

And the grade/condition of Betty & Me #16 please.

It's as simple as that!

I've never bought one book from a garage sale, flea market or estate sale and I've done alright 2c

I know as that thread is one my watch lists and it's not about getting up in the morning for me it's having transportation to come back.[/b]

Isn't it a lot more difficult / expensive to get a license in Canada?

Everyone, he has zero interest in listening to your advice. Save your breath and your sanity.

To be fair, I don't ever recall him asking anyone for advice.

I believe you're correct. Though there are enough gentle souls here who initially were trying to help out with nudges in the right direction after seeing someone who obviously didn't know what he was doing. Lest we forget his initial foray into the forums offering his 20% "cosignment" service.

If Gabe were a different sort he would ask everyone here to keep their opinions to themselves and just let him record his (mis)adventures in flipping comic books (shrug)

I know plenty of teenagers who get their license no problem and some who it takes a bit of time but very doable. To apply for a driver’s licence in Ontario, you need to:

be at least 16 years old

pass an eye test

pass a written test about the rules of the road and traffic signs

Once you pass these tests, you get a G1 licence. You are considered a beginner driver and need to practice driving and gain experience over time.

Once you pass your eye and written tests, you get a G1 licence. Before you can get a full G licence, you have to:

Finish two learning levels: G1 and G2.

Pass two road tests

This process is called “graduated licensing.” It is designed to give new drivers time to practice and gain driving experience over time.

You have up to five years to finish the whole process. After five years, if you do not get your full G licence, you will need to start over.

G1 Licence Package is about $160 CDN.

It's as simple as that!

I know as that thread is one my watch lists and it's not about getting up in the morning for me it's having transportation to come back.

Well then dammit quit buying books at GPA-highs or at the top of their hype and buy yourself a BICYCLE and a lock and take responsibility for your OWN transportation!

THINK man!

Your life is what YOU make of it.

Quit waiting around like a helpless sloth for other people to do things for you and take responsibility for yourself!

And QUIT BUYING COMICS dammit!!!

Those Black Lightnings at $40 a pop are nearly PEAKED already. Not flippable at all at that price and are now just more of your bloated inventory locking up your money until who knows when.

You're losing lots of money, time, opportunities and important life lessons every single day!

Life is happening to you right now while you sit and click around the internet looking for a fargging comicbook to make a few bucks on!

Meanwhile life is passing you by and leaving you in the dust - months and months are going by and you STILL have not increased your marketable education, people-skills, job-skills or desirability as a potential employee!

This wasteful irresponsible way you're burning up your life your 20s is creating a deep deep rut in your life-path that you will NOT be able to just suddenly one day drive yourself out of even IF you magically score an AF15 from a dollar-bin someday and will instead keep you addicted to buying comics, dependent on others, undesirable to employers, unable to fully support yourself and make you live in debt living paycheck-to-paycheck for the rest of your life!

Your life continues to just pass you by day by day as you are growing more and more addicted to the POSSIBILITY of finding a great score in comics.

QUIT IT!

Find a PRODUCTIVE purpose to your life other than trying to make money flipping comicbooks. Point your life in a direction that helps other people who are less-fortunate than you. Apparently you think you haven't been given a lot in life, but you have a LOT more than many people have.

Go bring a box of cheap comics to a children's cancer hospital - see if they take donations. Wash your hands, face and hair good and sit in the children's cancer gathering area for a whole day. Then try complaining that you have a disorder that makes your life hard.

Go volunteer at a homeless shelter for a few afternoons a week instead of napping or searching facebook comic sales. See your future self in those people if you don't make changes to your basic life-path NOW.

Start jogging or "trotting" every day (before it gets dark and scary out). Improve your physical health and your mental health will also improve, guaranteed!

Spend a Sunday morning at a church even if just to listen and/or meditate.

You are composed of THREE things - mind/body/spirit - and you have neglected ALL of them for many years it seems.

Comics will do NOTHING for you other than very brief temporary enjoyment, while the REAL substance of your life withers from neglect.

Good Lord you don't need help - you need to ACCEPT all that you've already been given!

Do you honestly think he could do all that? I have my doubts.

I was just answering a question about how you get your driver licence in Ontario...Not answering that question.

I appreciate the information. I will answer the question.

Not a chance in heck.

Only when you realize what you're dealing with can you understand that while well intentioned, advice such as jcjames's is not really being ignored, it cannot be followed because it's not understood.

The grades are 6.0, 6.0, 7.0/7.5 5.0 I fully admit that I overpaid for them so now I need to sit on them while I sell the others.

Not sure what to grade it as it has pieces of pages missing so I'm thinking 1.5-1.8

Not sure

Not sure what to grade it as it has pieces of pages missing so I'm thinking 1.5-1.8

I guess that explains why you got such a good price on it.

8 8