• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My road to success (Moving Update 2)
8 8

6,552 posts in this topic

I'd love to know what the real story is. First Gabe says he's being kicked out at the end of the month, and for someone in his position, he sure doesn't seem very worried about it. Now, all of a sudden, his parents decide to go on vacation for a month and want him to stay and watch the dog. Huh? His parents are so ticked off at him that they supposedly are kicking him out at the end of the month. Now, they are willing to trust him to take care of the house and the dog for a month? Who kicks someone out of their house in one breath and in the next breath asks them for a favor? That makes zero sense. I've come to the point where I now take anything and everything that Gabe says with a grain of salt.

Canada

Walk into a welfare office and say "hey I am homeless but I found this apartment"

They give you first month, last month and will pay your monthly rent.

They also give you "community start-up" money which is basically $1400 you don't have to repay and it makes no sense.

I'm not saying the Canadian welfare system is good but its why I follow people like Ryan Lever on social media. Gabe is going to be fine.

Canada

Walk into a welfare office and say "hey I am homeless but I found this apartment"

They also give you "community start-up" money which is basically $1400 you don't have to repay and it makes no sense.

I'm not saying the Canadian welfare system is good but its why I follow people like Ryan Lever on social media. Gabe is going to be fine.

Unfortunately, he'll probably spend that $1400 overpaying for a midgrade key.

Canada

Of course he'll be fine. Gabe may not ever make it into the comic book flipping hall of fame, but one thing he does exceptionally well is find people to pay his way for him, either his parents or the taxpayers of Canada.

I'd love to know what the real story is. First Gabe says he's being kicked out at the end of the month, and for someone in his position, he sure doesn't seem very worried about it. Now, all of a sudden, his parents decide to go on vacation for a month and want him to stay and watch the dog. Huh? His parents are so ticked off at him that they supposedly are kicking him out at the end of the month. Now, they are willing to trust him to take care of the house and the dog for a month? Who kicks someone out of their house in one breath and in the next breath asks them for a favor? That makes zero sense. I've come to the point where I now take anything and everything that Gabe says with a grain of salt.

Why should anyone be shocked here that his "makes no sense" comic flipping strategy would translate into all other aspects of his life?

Once you understand what we're dealing with here it makes perfect sense to me.

Maybe they want to you get a cool head and think about what you're doing.

I'd really love to know what your plan is, but I imagine you've been hesitant to reveal it because you really don't have one.

No I'm not hesitant to reveal it and I'll copy and paste it here.

You can stay (with nobody else there but the dog) another month for free, but you'd rather be homeless? I don't get it. Why not just stay and use the free month to plan your next move instead of making a quick decision which is clearly going to make your life infinitely more difficult?

No it's not free they want me to pay which I said no.

Yes that's how it went and they aren't taking a vacation for the whole month just one week but someone needs to stay with the dog and they said I owe them.

Canada

Thanks

Canada

Unfortunately, he'll probably spend that $1400 overpaying for a midgrade key.

Nope

Canada

Of course he'll be fine. Gabe may not ever make it into the comic book flipping hall of fame, but one thing he does exceptionally well is find people to pay his way for him, either his parents or the taxpayers of Canada.

No it's not like that.

Why should anyone be shocked here that his "makes no sense" comic flipping strategy would translate into all other aspects of his life?

Once you understand what we're dealing with here it makes perfect sense to me.

Yes I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed but I do know how to make basic plans.

1. Find a shelter

2. Get more hours

3. Find a job with more more

4. Move all my important stuff

1. Will this shelter be available 7 days a week and provide food as well or will you have to move around?

2. You haven't been able to get more hours while living at home, why all of a sudden are they going to provide you more now?

3. Are you going to find a 2nd job or a full time job? What has stopped you up until now from doing so? You certainly paid plenty of lip service ( "I'm working on it" ) to it before. Was it lack of motivation?

4. Move it where? Can you afford storage? Do the shelters in Canada allow you to store your belongings there?

If I were you, I would not go this route. Find a way to get back home and just swallow your pride. The thing you're being prideful about is not worth your health and safety, stop acting like a stubborn child.

First thing you should do once you're back is look into programs for people with learning disabilities and learn a trade. Then you can make some real money and not just flounder around like you've been doing the last several years.

So do you have a place for $350 a month all inclusive lined up for January 1st, 2017?

I wonder what could have POSSIBLY caused the rift?????? Could it be saying something very derogatory about the Pope on your Facebook Page have something to do with it?

Seriously, Gabe, based on this and some of your other Facebook postings and rants, you need professional help.

sigh Gabe perhaps someday, somehow you'll think before you act or speak.

Until then you're gonna face the harsh consequences of your choices.

I did think it through and I knew this might happen, but I don't care I'm standing firm for what I believe in.

Gabe, I learned a long time ago it's not worth arguing with someone about religion or abortion or a number of other loaded topics. It's best to believe in what you believe in and let others do the same.

Hope you have a nice Christmas.

1. Find a shelter

2. Get more hours

3. Find a job with more more

4. Move all my important stuff

1. Will this shelter be available 7 days a week and provide food as well or will you have to move around?

2. You haven't been able to get more hours while living at home, why all of a sudden are they going to provide you more now?

3. Are you going to find a 2nd job or a full time job? What has stopped you up until now from doing so? You certainly paid plenty of lip service ( "I'm working on it" ) to it before. Was it lack of motivation?

4. Move it where? Can you afford storage? Do the shelters in Canada allow you to store your belongings there?

If I were you, I would not go this route. Find a way to get back home and just swallow your pride. The thing you're being prideful about is not worth your health and safety, stop acting like a stubborn child.

First thing you should do once you're back is look into programs for people with learning disabilities and learn a trade. Then you can make some real money and not just flounder around like you've been doing the last several years.

1) I would have to see what happens but last time I had to move around.

2) I was talking about looking for a different job with more hours

3) The closer I can get to a full time job the better it will be for me and yes it was a lack of motivation before because it's not often where I have to be serious about what I do with regards to jobs.

4) I have a few favors I can call in and the shelters have school sized lockers for storage but you have to carry what you have.

So do you have a place for $350 a month all inclusive lined up for January 1st, 2017?

I wonder what could have POSSIBLY caused the rift?????? Could it be saying something very derogatory about the Pope on your Facebook Page have something to do with it?

Seriously, Gabe, based on this and some of your other Facebook postings and rants, you need professional help.

sigh Gabe perhaps someday, somehow you'll think before you act or speak.

Until then you're gonna face the harsh consequences of your choices.

I did think it through and I knew this might happen, but I don't care I'm standing firm for what I believe in.

Gabe, I learned a long time ago it's not worth arguing with someone about religion or abortion or a number of other loaded topics. It's best to believe in what you believe in and let others do the same.

Hope you have a nice Christmas.

Thanks you have a good Christmas as well.

8 8