• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My road to success (Moving Update 2)
8 8

6,552 posts in this topic

1. Find a shelter

2. Get more hours

3. Find a job with more more

4. Move all my important stuff

1. Will this shelter be available 7 days a week and provide food as well or will you have to move around?

2. You haven't been able to get more hours while living at home, why all of a sudden are they going to provide you more now?

3. Are you going to find a 2nd job or a full time job? What has stopped you up until now from doing so? You certainly paid plenty of lip service ( "I'm working on it" ) to it before. Was it lack of motivation?

4. Move it where? Can you afford storage? Do the shelters in Canada allow you to store your belongings there?

If I were you, I would not go this route. Find a way to get back home and just swallow your pride. The thing you're being prideful about is not worth your health and safety, stop acting like a stubborn child.

First thing you should do once you're back is look into programs for people with learning disabilities and learn a trade. Then you can make some real money and not just flounder around like you've been doing the last several years.

1) I would have to see what happens but last time I had to move around.

2) I was talking about looking for a different job with more hours

3) The closer I can get to a full time job the better it will be for me and yes it was a lack of motivation before because it's not often where I have to be serious about what I do with regards to jobs.

4) I have a few favors I can call in and the shelters have school sized lockers for storage but you have to carry what you have.

This is one of your main problems. Think about it...it took being kicked out of your home to finally get serious.

It should never have gotten to this point.

:(

1. Find a shelter

2. Get more hours

1. Will this shelter be available 7 days a week and provide food as well or will you have to move around?

2. You haven't been able to get more hours while living at home, why all of a sudden are they going to provide you more now?

3. Are you going to find a 2nd job or a full time job? What has stopped you up until now from doing so? You certainly paid plenty of lip service ( "I'm working on it" ) to it before. Was it lack of motivation?

4. Move it where? Can you afford storage? Do the shelters in Canada allow you to store your belongings there?

If I were you, I would not go this route. Find a way to get back home and just swallow your pride. The thing you're being prideful about is not worth your health and safety, stop acting like a stubborn child.

First thing you should do once you're back is look into programs for people with learning disabilities and learn a trade. Then you can make some real money and not just flounder around like you've been doing the last several years.

3) The closer I can get to a full time job the better it will be for me and yes it was a lack of motivation before because it's not often where I have to be serious about what I do with regards to jobs.

4) I have a few favors I can call in and the shelters have school sized lockers for storage but you have to carry what you have.

This is one of your main problems. Think about it...it took being kicked out of your home to finally get serious.

Yeah I agree it's a really bad habit of mine.

You can stay (with nobody else there but the dog) another month for free, but you'd rather be homeless? I don't get it. Why not just stay and use the free month to plan your next move instead of making a quick decision which is clearly going to make your life infinitely more difficult?

No it's not free they want me to pay which I said no.

This might be a good way to reestablish with your parents. It may not last forever but from what you are describing you are about to hit a wall hard and fast. It is clear they want you to stand on your own and the more of a buffer you have the better will be your quality of life.

I have been through all of this.

Alot of people on here avoid talking about how harsh reality is but you are in a position that life could become worse than you ever imagined. Kiss comic books goodbye , living in a shelter you will be lucky if no one robs you. It is a downward spiral from there.

In order to support yourself all you are going to be doing is working, working and working some more.

1. Find a shelter

2. Get more hours

If this is your plan then you're screwed. Like others have said, start kissing your parent's butt because that's your best way out of this mess. As mentioned way back in an earlier post, your history of not having a stable place to live (moved 3 times in a year) plus working in jobs for only a few months are RED FLAGS to any employer. If #2 on your list was so easy then why haven't you done so yet? You've been complaining about trying to get more hours but haven't done anything to better yourself. What you call your "lack of motivation" now was called "learning disability" in the past, but in reality you're just lazy.

1. Find a shelter

2. Get more hours

^^

Being in Niagara Falls, there should be a lot of hotel jobs available. Being homeless and largely jobless will be a red flag, but probably not moreso than with any other employer. Be well groomed and don't say anything insane and you have a decent chance in an interview. Go with a large, branded hotel and you'll make enough to eke by and get okay benefits.

Being in Niagara Falls, there should be a lot of hotel jobs available. Being homeless and largely jobless will be a red flag, but probably not moreso than with any other employer. Be well groomed and don't say anything insane and you have a decent chance in an interview. Go with a large, branded hotel and you'll make enough to eke by and get okay benefits.

Thanks sounds like a plan

You can stay (with nobody else there but the dog) another month for free, but you'd rather be homeless? I don't get it. Why not just stay and use the free month to plan your next move instead of making a quick decision which is clearly going to make your life infinitely more difficult?

No it's not free they want me to pay which I said no.

This might be a good way to reestablish with your parents. It may not last forever but from what you are describing you are about to hit a wall hard and fast. It is clear they want you to stand on your own and the more of a buffer you have the better will be your quality of life.

I have been through all of this.

Alot of people on here avoid talking about how harsh reality is but you are in a position that life could become worse than you ever imagined. Kiss comic books goodbye , living in a shelter you will be lucky if no one robs you. It is a downward spiral from there.

In order to support yourself all you are going to be doing is working, working and working some more.

No I'm not doing anything with my parents anymore and I know what I'm about to face isn't easy but I've been to homeless shelters before, however my comic books will go to my local lcs.

1. Find a shelter

2. Get more hours

If this is your plan then you're screwed. Like others have said, start kissing your parent's butt because that's your best way out of this mess. As mentioned way back in an earlier post, your history of not having a stable place to live (moved 3 times in a year) plus working in jobs for only a few months are RED FLAGS to any employer. If #2 on your list was so easy then why haven't you done so yet? You've been complaining about trying to get more hours but haven't done anything to better yourself. What you call your "lack of motivation" now was called "learning disability" in the past, but in reality you're just lazy.

Wrong on that account as well. I do have a learning disability and that's the truth but when I was talking about getting more hours I was talking about a different job.

1. Find a shelter

2. Get more hours

Wrong on that account as well. I do have a learning disability and that's the truth but when I was talking about getting more hours I was talking about a different job.

Lack of motivation is you being lazy. A "learning disability" has nothing to do with you taking the initiative to get things done.

1. Find a shelter

2. Get more hours

Lack of motivation is you being lazy. A "learning disability" has nothing to do with you taking the initiative to get things done.

Yes you're right I was lazy and didn't take things seriously because I didn't need to but this is my initiative you can say lol

1. Find a shelter

2. Get more hours

Or it could be the best thing that he needed at this point.

1. Find a shelter

2. Get more hours

Plan B:

1. Apologize and make amends.

2. Ask for more hours at current job.

3. Actually look/pound pavement for another job

4. Work on personal growth and skills development

Alternate Plan B:

1. Join a cult

8 8