• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My road to success (Moving Update 2)
8 8

6,552 posts in this topic

When I was younger, still living at home, and had a difference of opinion with my parents, I kept my mouth shut... except when I was saying "Thank You".

Don't assume that I'm a rude person, I have manners however this decision is something I stand by.

You ARE rude. You posted that the Pope is a POS on your Facebook Page and your parents, who you say are Catholic, and whom have been doing the CHRISTIAN thing by giving you shelter are basically insulting their faith.

I can only IMAGINE what it is like at your home with your attitude as we have seen hints of this "I don't care" attitude of yours before.

I stand by what I said and I don't care the roman catholic church isn't what you think it is and over 2000 years killed over 50 million people and history is going to repeat itself.

How does this affect your personal situation and why do you care enough about it to get kicked out of your home over it?

Without voicing my actual opinion the point of the protest, there is something to be said for having convictions so strong that you would give up some of the most valuable things in your life (home, family) to stand up for what you believe is right. Of course, one would generally hope that being fully informed about a topic and having some or perspective and/or intelligence would go along with that type of conviction. I'm not entirely convinced those elements exist here.

But the OP is an adult, and while we think he may not foresee the ramifications of his decisions, he believes he is ready to accept them, and whether he is or not, its on him (until Canadian tax payers start supporting him again).

He is an adult chronologically. Have you seen enough evidence in this thread that would make you think he's an adult in any other way?

So do you have a place for $350 a month all inclusive lined up for January 1st, 2017?

I wonder what could have POSSIBLY caused the rift?????? Could it be saying something very derogatory about the Pope on your Facebook Page have something to do with it?

Seriously, Gabe, based on this and some of your other Facebook postings and rants, you need professional help.

sigh Gabe perhaps someday, somehow you'll think before you act or speak.

Until then you're gonna face the harsh consequences of your choices.

I did think it through and I knew this might happen, but I don't care I'm standing firm for what I believe in.

Sometime you have to know when to pick your battles. You really should've had your personal situation in order before making this move 2c

I'm guessing the comic flipping is being put on indefinite hold?

There's simply no evidence that we've seen that would lead to that conclusion. They're separate issues. Just like taking government assistance money and buying comics to flip, different moneys. Just like math/business skills and comic knowledge have nothing to do with being successful at a comic business.

Who're you responding to and what are you saying? ???

I'm pretty sure he was responding to the statement that the comic flipping would stop. He's saying the comic flipping and the OP's personal issues are separate issues.

I would imagine that comic flipping would be very difficult without a computer and while living in a shelter or a halfway house 2c

You were already considered a Christian if you were Catholic. Good lord it's like the comic book conversation all over again.

Not in the sense like they are.

Christians believe in Christ, as do Catholics.

Both are Christians, but please try again.

Jim

You were already considered a Christian if you were Catholic. Good lord it's like the comic book conversation all over again.

Jim

Wrong. Catholics are a sub-set of Christianity and that also means not all Christians are Catholics.

Jim

Wrong. Catholics are a sub-set of Christianity and that also means not all Christians are Catholics.

You have the logic confused.

For example: A circle is a shape, but not all shapes are circles.

A Catholic is a Christian, but not all Christians are Catholics.

When I was younger, still living at home, and had a difference of opinion with my parents, I kept my mouth shut... except when I was saying "Thank You".

Don't assume that I'm a rude person, I have manners however this decision is something I stand by.

The "decision" you seem to have made is to open your mouth at the wrong time, to the wrong people. The RESULT of your decision is your parents decided to pull your meal ticket and show you the door. I'm curious, as someone who has followed this thread from the beginning, what kind of "plan" you have that you are going to implement in 8 days? While a few months ago I would have said that this was probably the best thing that could happen to you, in that it might force you to grow up, your posts since then have convinced me that you are very likley not capable of living on your own. Being on your own can be tough, even for someone with a good, full time job, reliable transportation and plenty of time to find a decent place to live. You have NONE of these. So what, exactly, is your plan?

The "decision" you seem to have made is to open your mouth at the wrong time, to the wrong people. The RESULT of your decision is your parents decided to pull your meal ticket and show you the door. I'm curious, as someone who has followed this thread from the beginning, what kind of "plan" you have that you are going to implement in 8 days? While a few months ago I would have said that this was probably the best thing that could happen to you, in that it might force you to grow up, your posts since then have convinced me that you are very likley not capable of living on your own. Being on your own can be tough, even for someone with a good, full time job, reliable transportation and plenty of time to find a decent place to live. You have NONE of these. So what, exactly, is your plan?

Nothing is my plan.

Nothing is my plan.

Sadly, I believe you. What happens when January 1st rolls around?

Nothing is my plan.

Not surprised to see nothing has changed since I last posted in this thread.

Game, I really wish you well and hope you turn things around. If you are truly going to be without a roof over your head then you need to do a quick fire sale on your remaining comics. You got bigger problems than buy and trading comic books right now.

Nothing is my plan.

Haha in reality I do have a plan but I'm pissed at what my parents want me to do.

Nothing is my plan.

Not surprised to see nothing has changed since I last posted in this thread.

Game, I really wish you well and hope you turn things around. If you are truly going to be without a roof over your head then you need to do a quick fire sale on your remaining comics. You got bigger problems than buy and trading comic books right now.

Thanks for the concern but I got this ;) it's not my first time being homeless and I'm in a better position then last time.

Jim

You have the logic confused.

For example: A circle is a shape, but not all shapes are circles.

A Catholic is a Christian, but not all Christians are Catholics.

Yes I agree.

Nothing is my plan.

Haha in reality I do have a plan but I'm pissed at what my parents want me to do.

And what is it that they want you to do? Get out of the house more? Get a better job? Be more responsible? Have a better attitude? I think its a good thing your parents are kicking you out of the house. Maybe you'll take other people's advice more seriously and stop thinking you got everything figured out.

Gabe I really do hope you find your way in life,all kidding aside.

You seem like a nice guy who is just misguided, and to be honest I blame most if that on your parents. They should have instilled in you a path to success in life, so in that instance I think they failed you.

With that said, you need to find an inner motivation to help you through life. Otherwise I have a feeling you are going to continue on your path, which seems to be a hard road ahead.

Nothing is my plan.

And what is it that they want you to do? Get out of the house more? Get a better job? Be more responsible? Have a better attitude? I think its a good thing your parents are kicking you out of the house. Maybe you'll take other people's advice more seriously and stop thinking you got everything figured out.

They want me to stay another month and watch the dog and I said no. I don't have everything figured out but even I can make a basic plan.

Gabe I really do hope you find your way in life,all kidding aside.

You seem like a nice guy who is just misguided, and to be honest I blame most if that on your parents. They should have instilled in you a path to success in life, so in that instance I think they failed you.

With that said, you need to find an inner motivation to help you through life. Otherwise I have a feeling you are going to continue on your path, which seems to be a hard road ahead.

Thanks I have the basic plan to keep myself going and if I need to check up on something I can always go through these pages and find it.

Nothing is my plan.

They want me to stay another month and watch the dog and I said no. I don't have everything figured out but even I can make a basic plan.

I don't get it. Did they kick you our or are you leaving? Why would they ask you to stay another month to watch the dog if they "kicked out out"?

Nothing is my plan.

I don't get it. Did they kick you our or are you leaving? Why would they ask you to stay another month to watch the dog if they "kicked out out"?

They kicked me out at the end of the month but now want me to stay another month and watch the dog since they want to be on vacation.

Maybe they want to you get a cool head and think about what you're doing.

I'd really love to know what your plan is, but I imagine you've been hesitant to reveal it because you really don't have one.

You can stay (with nobody else there but the dog) another month for free, but you'd rather be homeless? I don't get it. Why not just stay and use the free month to plan your next move instead of making a quick decision which is clearly going to make your life infinitely more difficult?

8 8