• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My road to success (Moving Update 2)
8 8

6,552 posts in this topic

Gabe, how many NM copies of Scooby Doo Team-Up #12 would you need in a trade for your NG Justice League #1? I have a lot of copies of Scooby Doo Team-Up #12.

haha I would need something else that's worth a bit more you can pm me if you'd like.

:sorry:

:facepalm:

doh!

Sine you are not listening - we can try again with an example -

Place a real FMV on your jla 1

Place a FMV on the scobby team ups

Give a hypothetical good trade quantity of the scoobies - assume an unlimited supply

Do not make a trade!!!!!!!!!

You need to do this exercise (valuing an individual or set of books) over and over and over again until you are ACCURATE enough to not continuously lose value before you are ready to even consider a trade.

A real fmv to me would be 100-150 and the scooby doo's I'm valuing a $3 each and including shipping I'd need 30 copies.

Gabe, how many NM copies of Scooby Doo Team-Up #12 would you need in a trade for your NG Justice League #1? I have a lot of copies of Scooby Doo Team-Up #12.

haha I would need something else that's worth a bit more you can pm me if you'd like.

:sorry:

doh!

Sine you are not listening - we can try again with an example -

Place a real FMV on your jla 1

Place a FMV on the scobby team ups

Give a hypothetical good trade quantity of the scoobies - assume an unlimited supply

Do not make a trade!!!!!!!!!

You need to do this exercise (valuing an individual or set of books) over and over and over again until you are ACCURATE enough to not continuously lose value before you are ready to even consider a trade.

A real fmv to me would be 100-150 and the scooby doo's I'm valuing a $3 each and including shipping I'd need 30 copies.

Please no - just make him a fair cash offer via PM if you want the book.

I was more interested in recapturing long box space by moving 40-50 copies of Scooby Doo Team-Up #12 than I was in Gabe's book.

Sorry if I came off as harsh - just that gabe needs to learn discipline - as an exercise for him - this is actually a good thing - as a temptation - not so much.

If Gabe okays it, then I have no problem including you in a three-way trade, Wall-Crawler. We can meet somewhere in the middle of our Ontario triangle, thus eliminating the shipping costs.

No no no no no - Gabe needs to learn how to get better at estimating FMV - he should not be trading - please -

If Gabe okays it, then I have no problem including you in a three-way trade, Wall-Crawler. We can meet somewhere in the middle of our Ontario triangle, thus eliminating the shipping costs.

No no no no no - Gabe needs to learn how to get better at estimating FMV - he should not be trading - please -

Not even three-way trades where we meet up inside the (imagined) Ontario triangle? :(

Please no - just make him a fair cash offer via PM if you want the book.

I was more interested in recapturing long box space by moving 40-50 copies of Scooby Doo Team-Up #12 than I was in Gabe's book.

Sorry if I came off as harsh - just that gabe needs to learn discipline - as an exercise for him - this is actually a good thing - as a temptation - not so much.

The temptation of not trading?

I don't understand where I went wrong I checked out ebay's sold listing like you told me and I gave you my answer as what I see the FMV of my jla #1 being.

Not even three-way trades where we meet up inside the (imagined) Ontario triangle? :(

I'm obviously missing something about the fmv which I need to learn.

I think, rather, the point is not to respond to offers of trade. You are being tested. :shy:

I think, rather, the point is not to respond to offers of trade. You are being tested. :shy:

Good point

And why would you want 30 copies of a low demand book? You need to find one buyer for the JLA, and you only have to ship once. Time is money when you're in business.

If you made this trade, you'd have less liquid assets, and more overheads. So "just say no".

And even if you were going to trade (which you shouldn't...stop ALL trading activity), you estimated your JL1 on the low end as being $100 and said you needed 30 copies of Scooby which you estimated at $3 each.

Even if your estimates were correct, you'd be losing $10 in overall value AND you'd have to pay a lot more in shipping as the Scooby's sold one-by-one.

Please take a sec and review why this would have been a terrible trade. I'm urge you to put off trading at LEAST until 2017. If someone approaches you with a trade, just say "no thanks".

Sometimes it appears that you just enjoy moving books around. If you want to be successful, you MUST stop trading at this stage in the game.

I've been reading this thread all morning. Not to be mean but uchiha101, there is so much fail in here. I'm new to the comic world and I even know you are in over your head and should sell everything and give up on this pipe dream. So many knowledgable people helping you, giving you advice people would pay for and you ignore it and don't change your ways. I see no hope in you succeeding, unfortunately.

Edited by The First Avenger

And again, after a gazillion posts, multiple offers of great advice and help, the basic point is being missed by a million miles - quit taking the out of the benefit system by doing $1000+ comic 'trades' and....

Get.A.Bloody.Job.

I am flat out going to call BS on the claim that even with a minimal effort of 2 hours a week looking, you cannot find a job washing cars, clearing tables or flipping burgers.

You either are economical with the truth about trying or have something very,very bad on record somewhere.

You live in a modern affluent country, with every resource available to you for free - case worker being a great example.

Instead of posting on here - go pound the streets, walk into a factory, burger joint or Walmart and ask to speak to the manager.

Offer to work for free for a fortnight on trial (you are on welfare - no loss) and if you do it right, you get a job.

Question for you.

When did you last hold down a job?

Full time work for 3 months.

Genuine question.

And why would you want 30 copies of a low demand book? You need to find one buyer for the JLA, and you only have to ship once. Time is money when you're in business.

If you made this trade, you'd have less liquid assets, and more overheads. So "just say no".

I haven't made this trade it but I do get temped to trade because it's been about a year and I only got lowball offer of 20 bucks on it.

And even if you were going to trade (which you shouldn't...stop ALL trading activity), you estimated your JL1 on the low end as being $100 and said you needed 30 copies of Scooby which you estimated at $3 each.

Even if your estimates were correct, you'd be losing $10 in overall value AND you'd have to pay a lot more in shipping as the Scooby's sold one-by-one.

Please take a sec and review why this would have been a terrible trade. I'm urge you to put off trading at LEAST until 2017. If someone approaches you with a trade, just say "no thanks".

Sometimes it appears that you just enjoy moving books around. If you want to be successful, you MUST stop trading at this stage in the game.

Hmmmm well for one it would take longer to sell all the comics, they might lose their value and people might not want them. I do want to be successful so I'll do what you guys say no trades till 2017.

8 8