• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where in the world was the Quality Control at CGC???
44 44

6,152 posts in this topic

On 7/22/2023 at 6:39 AM, Gaard said:

The question all submitters should be asking themselves: How did they go from hundreds of days to warp speed?

My theory: they had a company lunch at Jimmy John’s and the lightbulb went off: 

IMG_1655.webp

On 7/23/2023 at 4:17 AM, Catwomancomics said:

Has CGC hired blind QC employees. Couldn’t feel the coupon through the plastic holder.

https://www.cgccomics.com/news/article/11945/

Carney has been the instrumental leader in building a proprietary platform that enables CCG to identify a collectible from among millions of possibilities in a near-instant using artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning and advanced computer vision and image processing technologies. The resulting efficiency gains have enabled CCG to have the fastest processing times in the industry, which was achieved after eliminating a record backlog of more than 1 million collectibles. The trailblazing AI platform has enabled the company to scale to meet the rapidly growing demand for authentication and grading services amid a continued surge of interest in collectibles.

hm

On 7/25/2023 at 5:43 AM, Get Marwood & I said:

Carney has been the instrumental leader in building a proprietary platform that enables CCG to identify a collectible from among millions of possibilities in a near-instant using artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning and advanced computer vision and image processing technologies. The resulting efficiency gains have enabled CCG to have the fastest processing times in the industry, which was achieved after eliminating a record backlog of more than 1 million collectibles. The trailblazing AI platform has enabled the company to scale to meet the rapidly growing demand for authentication and grading services amid a continued surge of interest in collectibles.

hm

:canofworms:

:popcorn:

On 7/23/2023 at 12:42 PM, Domo Arigato said:

I just......:facepalm:

Checked1.thumb.jpg.dac574c1f6fddc6a48e607447f9210da.jpg

book.jpg.1608c3f5b8c920f8545251c9ea20d0b5.jpg

Has it just been signed over the slip too, so it's ruined completely now?

On 7/25/2023 at 2:43 AM, Get Marwood & I said:

hm

So it can do a reverse image Google search. Cool.

On 7/25/2023 at 1:12 PM, Tnexus said:

So it can do a reverse image Google search. Cool.

Hopefully there is some human verification process after that, though, because pictures online can be mislabeled, regular editions can be confused with facsimile editions, and all manner of things can get cross-referenced and confused.  It could explain a few of the glaring QC issues we've seen.  (I'm obviously just speculating.)

On 7/26/2023 at 2:23 AM, StillOnly25Cents said:

book has an acetate cover on which the sig was done, paper slip probably just made its way between the cover of the book and the acetate overlay

Oh of course. I was trying to figure out how the signer didn't notice and just signed over the receipt attached to the comic. doh! Completely forgot about the acetate covers on Marvels. They're only my second favourite form of cover gimmick, behind chromium covers. I'd pay extra for every modern comic I buy to have a chromium cover like X-Men Alpha or the Marvel Collectible Classics. Those books have remained in such perfect condition they're clearly better preserved by the chromium covers, and I want my books to last. Now, they will be gaudy, but surely with today's tech we can do something about that? Get our world governments to unite and figure out a way to de-gaudify chromium covers for the betterment of comic collectors everywhere. Let's put it to the UN! 

On 7/26/2023 at 3:54 AM, Gaard said:

I swear I heard he was gone. Maybe he's just real slow at updating his page?  (shrug)

I believe he did move on from CGC.

It appears he may have started his own company.

PrestigeWorldwide.jpg.a08ac22b57d862d1e601f41642f513e1.jpg