• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where in the world was the Quality Control at CGC???
42 42

6,240 posts in this topic

On 10/11/2024 at 7:42 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Still pretty cool book. Here's another with the print on the label with no visible sketch lol

3700655_Full_Obv.jpg

He probably used a black marker to fill in all the spine ticks so the book would grade 9.8.  LOTS of sketching!!

On 10/13/2024 at 7:11 PM, wombat said:

This is an example of CGC just proving they don't care. You can't tell me its a big fix to put some kind of parameters around printing a yellow label with no signature information filled in. We've seen this type of mistake for years. If they cared at all they would put a fix in. 

I don't believe it is actually signed...

They just marked it yellow label rather than blue to my knowledge 

On 10/13/2024 at 8:13 PM, wombat said:

That's my point. Don't allow a yellow label to even be printed if the signature section isn't filled in. "if no signature section information, error. Do not print". 

Agreed.

• Administrator
On 10/14/2024 at 8:20 PM, bc said:

Seems like they transferred the QC Team to the IT Department.

-bc

The forum disruptions are all Invision's doing.  it would appear that I am the only IT department for the chat forum if our custom stuff breaks.  That is rarely the case.  Anyhow, I have just sent 2 more e-mails to Invision.

On 10/14/2024 at 8:39 PM, CGC Mike said:

The forum disruptions are all Invision's doing.  it would appear that I am the only IT department for the chat forum if our custom stuff breaks.  That is rarely the case.  Anyhow, I have just sent 2 more e-mails to Invision.

Thanks Mike!

Was following the Invision Tech Support forum and saw that sites were coming back online a few hours ago. Appreciate your efforts.

-bc

• Administrator
On 10/14/2024 at 8:42 PM, bc said:

Thanks Mike!

Was following the Invision Tech Support forum and saw that sites were coming back online a few hours ago. Appreciate your efforts.

-bc

One would think that I would be allowed to post on that forum.  We (CGC) aren't considered "Clients".  We are "Friends"  Friends don't get to post.  I can react to posts.   Dena got me in for a short time (7 posts)

image.png

On 10/14/2024 at 8:49 PM, CGC Mike said:

One would think that I would be allowed to post on that forum.  We (CGC) aren't considered "Clients".  We are "Friends"  Friends don't get to post.  I can react to posts.   Dena got me in for a short time (7 posts)

image.png

If CGC has a subscription to Invision, they have the technical support contact information. Not saying it's your job, but someone has it. I see this when performing security compliance audits all the time with enterprise customers - they pay for support but no one knows the escalation process.

-bc

• Administrator
On 10/14/2024 at 8:58 PM, bc said:

If CGC has a subscription to Invision, they have the technical support contact information. Not saying it's your job, but someone has it. I see this when performing security compliance audits all the time with enterprise customers - they pay for support but no one knows the escalation process.

-bc

Well, nobody at CGC has ever been able to find it other than 1 support e-mail.  You can e-mail support if you are "in the cloud"  You can also write them a letter.    My e-mails to them were showing up as undeliverable.  I get the heads up for updates.  I had the right address.  Luckily, I had an e-mail with upper management there from last year.  I sent him an e-mail at 9:58 PM Thursday.  I received an e-mail at 4:30 AM Friday saying they were working on it.  At 7:30 AM, I received another saying the problem was fixed.  The way they set up things is a mess.  Because we have some custom stuff, (like hide posts and other stuff) we are not listed as a client.       

On 10/13/2024 at 8:11 PM, wombat said:

This is an example of CGC just proving they don't care. You can't tell me its a big fix to put some kind of parameters around printing a yellow label with no signature information filled in. We've seen this type of mistake for years. If they cared at all they would put a fix in. 

I would imagine this is a case of the wrong paper being put in the printer.

Mike, this book is labelled as being the ashcan, when it's actually the #1. This difference cost the seller around 100% of the sale price. 

cgc-label-error-worked-in-my-favor-v0-q2woo6i8o5vd1.thumb.jpeg.999cfc7e82ebe4a53bb49676e127efab.jpeg