• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where in the world was the Quality Control at CGC???
44 44

6,136 posts in this topic

On 4/26/2022 at 10:08 AM, Transplant said:

Submitted 2 copies of this SWOR #1, 1 normal cover and 1 variant.  They were both labeled as the variant, despite the invoice I subbed differentiating between the two.  Now I have to hassle with returning for a reholder with the right label. On top of that, more than 90% of the slabs I got back have unacceptable scratches on the front covers.  

Sorry this happened to you. 

For everyone who thinks these problems are caused by the submitter making a mistake, here you go. 

Spoiler

When you have business that exceeds what you are able to feasibly handle and no true competition the customer comes last.  Once you determine that the business from any individual customer is not needed ,  Q/A + Q/C are nothing more than useless expenditures to be slashed to pad some Executive bonus'.

The worm may eventually turn but CBCS w/flipper extraordinaire B0r@ck is not an answer to fill a gap in competition. Outside of disingenuous lip service nothing customer related will improve at CGC under Bl@ckr0ck. With nothing seemingly on the new grading company horizon for comics enjoy the many metaphorical kicks to the nad's coming your way for the foreseeable future.

Edited by MAR1979

On 4/26/2022 at 11:57 AM, wombat said:

Sorry this happened to you. 

For everyone who thinks these problems are caused by the submitter making a mistake, here you go. 

I guess the submitter making a mistake is the common response. I got an email saying that there was a "type" (not typo) on the original submission form.

A very odd response, since the submission form had my address in another State, and so does the invoice, PLUS the first box went to the correct current  address. 

They finally updated my address on my profile today, after many more emails.

On 4/26/2022 at 7:08 AM, Transplant said:

Submitted 2 copies of this SWOR #1, 1 normal cover and 1 variant.  They were both labeled as the variant, despite the invoice I subbed differentiating between the two.  Now I have to hassle with returning for a reholder with the right label. On top of that, more than 90% of the slabs I got back have unacceptable scratches on the front covers.  

SWOR1CGC98Wfc.jpg

Top right, sort of like a Nike swoosh?

On 4/26/2022 at 7:39 PM, DR.X said:

If we had to redo work like this in the trades, you'd get a check and a thank you don't come back.

Depending on the severity there have been times where some of that final check goes to pay for the mistake.  

On 4/26/2022 at 7:35 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

:facepalm:

So they graded reprints as original and original as reprints..  

They really need to review these and fire some people.  

On 4/26/2022 at 7:31 PM, Heavyheavyheavy said:

2c984fd3e196d7e0d8cd8c73c3067c08.jpg

Love is kind! Lol

Patience is hard, I'm too tempted to PM @CGC Mike on mine, he offered, yet someone not 2 seconds ago posted their bagely went from ccs to cgc. I guess I wasnt as alone as I thought I was, for my uf4 going on 5 weeks.

Really not griping, just trying not to fret. Somebody give me encouragement hahaha.

The signing happend  :wishluck:

On 4/26/2022 at 6:39 PM, DR.X said:

If we had to redo work like this in the trades, you'd get a check and a thank you don't come back.

And yet, people keep sending large quantities of comics to CGC for grading.  Where’s the lesson to be learned here??? lol

On 4/26/2022 at 6:42 PM, Galen130 said:

And yet, people keep sending large quantities of comics to CGC for grading.  Where’s the lesson to be learned here??? lol

Or comics…period. (shrug)

On 4/26/2022 at 7:43 PM, Galen130 said:

Or comics…period. (shrug)

By and large I've had no problems, truly, at all.

But that's me.

I felt things breaking for me this time, its unsettling to just sit and be patient and not try to get out ahead of it.

I've learned more often it works out, doesnt make it less unsettling in the gut.

On 4/26/2022 at 7:42 PM, Galen130 said:
On 4/26/2022 at 7:39 PM, DR.X said:

Yes, but this forum is only a fraction of the collecting community. Lots of people probably never heard of this place, or see the complaints here.

On 4/26/2022 at 6:48 PM, DR.X said:

Yes, but this forum is only a fraction of the collecting community. Lots of people probably never heard of this place, or see the complaints here.

Point taken…(worship)

On 4/26/2022 at 7:48 PM, DR.X said:

Ya and I'm only "one", I'll chill but it's hard lol

:ohnoez: