• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where in the world was the Quality Control at CGC???
44 44

6,136 posts in this topic

On 4/20/2022 at 7:09 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

Wouldn’t some kind of ship analogy be more apt?

You mean like trying to mend my friendship after telling my friend of 5 years that I have feelings for her?  I was led to believe that the only ship that couldn't be sunk was a friendSHIP, but those were lies.  LIES!

Sorry, what were we talking about again?  :insane:

On 4/20/2022 at 6:55 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

Who was it that used to decode PR announcements for us here?  That was their gig, so they could translate. :insane:

image.thumb.png.92fb19d1b82a1570bcac67e36a022e83.png

(I imagine this isn't the announcement CGC Mike was referring to, but I thought the timing was a bit amusing.)

Shipping appears to be another quality control issue. 

I sent a submission to CGC  with 3 tiers on the one submission, that seems to be the way the new forms work.

.  By the time the books were graded, I was at a different address. I sent various pms and emails asking for that address to be updated about 3 weeks before I left and 3 weeks before  the books were finished. My profile was never updated despite my numerous messages, even after I was told it was fixed.. 

One package (express) was mailed on Wed to my correct new address ...and I recieved it Friday as expected.

The 2nd package has been lost in space since then. CGC posted the right town but typed  the wrong zip code on the 2nd package (Standard tier) and the books have been all over NYS. I was constantly told they would be arriving and to stay home (by Fedex) on Friday and Saturday.

They would not make any changes without hearing from CGC, who I am guessing, contacted them this morning after I made several calls starting Friday. 

The label shows a typo on the zipcode, Fedex fixed it. That typo sent the books about 200 miles from here.

I'm grateful to receive the package...but in the process I found the system that CGC uses for customer service to be lacking.  People were nice, but no one would/could send me a picture of the label when I asked nor would they even TELL me what it had written on it.

I suspected the typo because transposing one of the numbers would have sent the books where they went initially.

Most of the answers I got were to tell me Customer service is 300 emails behind so things are delayed. That's not a comforting answer when you have some expensive collectibles in the mail or even inexpensive ones.

I sincerely hope someone goes over some of these processes and gets the departments together in meetings WITH each other so that communication works better..

Also I should be able to call Fedex and have them fix the address problem when it's something obvious like this. I should not be told that ONLY CGC can fix their typo when CGC closes at 5 and is closed on weekends and doesn't open till 9am. Fedex ships much earlier in the morning than 9am, so it's pretty useless to call hours after the items are on the truck.. I used my Fedex account to pay for the shipping and they are my books, yet I have zero control.

If anyone at CGC wants me to send them a picture of the label, I would be happy to do so..

They actually wrote to me  to tell me they couldn't answer because they were 300 emails behind. Plus they said it on the phone and in a pm.

If you touch an email once to answer it, you should take the action...this way they are doing double work, not accomplishing anything and ticking people off. I've mentioned this before.

The staff means well, but they need a better understanding about finishing tasks. The person I spoke to today, started off by telling me I had to wait 2 weeks to file a claim...before I even finished what I was saying. 

I said I didn't want to file a CLAIM, I wanted Fedex called...and of course I couldn't have the shipping manager's info.  He made up for it by actually calling me later (the person I spoke to)...but the initial statement was only going to ruffle someone's feathers...someone who is already not exactly jumping for joy. Answering in a way that is obviously meant to get rid of the caller,  creates a bigger and usually totally unnecessary waste of time.

On 4/25/2022 at 7:58 PM, The Meta said:

Comic people 

Where is that gif of a "comic person" spinning an expensive comic around on a tabletop when you need it

That comic person was the head presser at Voldemort. The comic was an avengers 4 IIRC. 

On 4/25/2022 at 5:17 PM, joeypost said:

That comic person was the head presser at Voldemort. The comic was an avengers 4 IIRC. 

Avengers 4, yes, I had forgotten 

Thanks 

Submitted 2 copies of this SWOR #1, 1 normal cover and 1 variant.  They were both labeled as the variant, despite the invoice I subbed differentiating between the two.  Now I have to hassle with returning for a reholder with the right label. On top of that, more than 90% of the slabs I got back have unacceptable scratches on the front covers.  

SWOR1CGC98Wfc.jpg