• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where in the world was the Quality Control at CGC???
44 44

6,124 posts in this topic

On 2/14/2023 at 12:37 PM, The Lions Den said:

I occasionally like to remind myself that there was once a time when collecting unslabbed, unpressed, unrestored, unqualified, unsigned books was a thing...  :cloud9:

Edited by Funnybooks

On 2/14/2023 at 5:11 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

I took a long break from slabs, and was just collecting nice OO upgrades of my childhood books when I’d come across them.    Last year I started buying slabbed books again.  Most were disappointing, and those that weren’t didn’t appeal to me through the slab.  

I guess the novelty of encapsulation has finally worn off.

peanuts.jpg.298330bbb957936f311b35290af435ab.jpg

On 2/17/2023 at 2:25 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

^^

If any QC error is going to occur, this is the coolest.  Nice little keepsake of this unprecedented time of QC fail....

Easy mistake to make right? LOL. Like I've said before, they need to clean house. No excuse for clown show garbage like that. It's the upside down cake rare variant.

• Administrator
On 2/17/2023 at 10:33 PM, Iceman399 said:

Nothing like chunks of plastic in the case. 

@CGC Mike at what point does cgc get their spoon together. If I sell these I'm a d noozle... If I get them reholder Ed I miss 3 or 4 shows. Gotta be some accountability at some point.

I am very sorry this has happened to you.  I am going to put together another e-mail for the quality control team, and make arrangements to make the trip and spend another day at CGC to try and improve QC issues.  

This screenshot (of this thread) is from January, 2021.

shard.thumb.jpg.0a2ab8312bfe07fe0d3b5b76ceba001f.jpg

So, either CGC has been looking to prevent these shards for at least 2+ years or they simply said "screw it, we choose not to fix this".

The first possibility shows how inept this company is. The second possibility shows how they are not only without integrity, but it also shows how they lie to it's customers (they've repeatedly said how they are trying to fix this issue).

From the shown post by TTT, " I decided to keep it as is in order to not have to send it in for reholder...". IMO, this is exactly what CGC was/is hoping people decide to do.