• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where in the world was the Quality Control at CGC???
44 44

6,141 posts in this topic

On 5/2/2023 at 12:48 PM, CGC Mike said:

How many books need the Todd McFarlane Scroll labels?

Edit:  Please give me all of the past info regarding these books.  When you say original reholder, were these for a mechanical error reason?  If so, let me know all of the info as to why a ME.  Also include the number of books you wish to send in.  Do some require different custom labels?

There are 3 that require the McFarlane labels.

There were originally 11 books sent in for ME because they holders were loose and moving around on inside of the slab.  These 11 books still need to be fixed.  The labels on the remaining 8 books should remain unchanged and left as is.

• Administrator
On 5/2/2023 at 11:09 PM, LudaToke said:
On 5/2/2023 at 12:48 PM, CGC Mike said:

How many books need the Todd McFarlane Scroll labels?

Edit:  Please give me all of the past info regarding these books.  When you say original reholder, were these for a mechanical error reason?  If so, let me know all of the info as to why a ME.  Also include the number of books you wish to send in.  Do some require different custom labels?

There are 3 that require the McFarlane labels.

There were originally 11 books sent in for ME because they holders were loose and moving around on inside of the slab.  These 11 books still need to be fixed.  The labels on the remaining 8 books should remain unchanged and left as is.

We do have some McFarlane scroll labels.  I am going to send you a PM to get some more info from you.  I may need to get permission from management for approval to send these in.  If approval is granted, I might need to send you a shipping label, as the submission form may no longer grant one for you.  

On 5/3/2023 at 7:13 AM, CGC Mike said:

We do have some McFarlane scroll labels.  I am going to send you a PM to get some more info from you.  I may need to get permission from management for approval to send these in.  If approval is granted, I might need to send you a shipping label, as the submission form may no longer grant one for you.  

It sounds like these are being carved out of stone.  How can you not print more labels?  You have the image, you have ink, you have the paper, electricity, a printer.  It just doesnt make sense. 

On 5/3/2023 at 9:41 AM, sd2416 said:

It sounds like these are being carved out of stone.  How can you not print more labels?  You have the image, you have ink, you have the paper, electricity, a printer.  It just doesnt make sense. 

It's just easier for CS to say "sorry, too late".

This should never have had to come to the forum.  They screwed up and should fix it, not blow him off.

It's too bad because their CS has been decent for me...for the most part.

• Administrator
On 5/3/2023 at 9:41 AM, sd2416 said:
On 5/3/2023 at 8:13 AM, CGC Mike said:

The same thing happens when we retire a label.  Also, it isn't always as simple as printing labels out.  We don't own the characters on the label.  Contracts have to be signed among other things that I will not go into.

This is what the Signature Series Director had to say about the Scroll labels.

"We won't reorder more since they were for a one time event, so when they run out they run out. Only customers who have one of the McFarlane labels can get it again." 

While I think QC is much to blame for not catching all the mistakes made, I DO believe part of the problem lies with Receiving and when they enter our books into Submission Tracking.  What's the expression, "Garbage In, Garbage Out."  To illustrate this showed up in my Submission Tracking today:

image.png.1f48795784ebe64ea91e068c4dea8606.png

I did not submit 4 of the same book because this does not match what I put on the packing slip (2 copies each):

image.png.811fcfb1908afc7d8b1d65110de77897.png

So, I have to call or write and all I get is the boilerplate "Oh, the Graders will catch it, rest assured."  It's been my experience that the Graders and QC don't always catch it and I end up with M.E.'s.

This has happened to me on numerous occasions where what I put on the Packing Slip does not get entered properly into Submission Tracking.

@CGC Mike  What can be done to mitigate this problem?

Thank you.

On 5/3/2023 at 4:28 PM, Gaard said:

Is this a flipbook?

Yes, but they still put the comic in backwards and upside down.  To be fair, the person submitting could have requested it that way... maybe...