• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where in the world was the Quality Control at CGC???
44 44

6,136 posts in this topic

On 4/20/2023 at 10:21 AM, NewWorldOrder said:
On 4/20/2023 at 10:09 AM, MrBedrock said:

In a Spanish holder.

Can we also have a Cajun variant?

I bet Billy could make that happen.

• Administrator
On 4/20/2023 at 10:49 AM, Iceman399 said:

@CGC Mike well the clowns have done it again... It shipped today and this looks super promising

Label Text
Piece ouf of page 2 & 3, affects story

Not sure why changing the word OUF to OUT on the label notes is so fing hard to do. Cgc has already attempted this twice now and failed. I'll be sending Matt a very nicely worded email. I'm not sure how a book going in for a label update ME can not be checked to see the label update was applied. 

Sorry to hear this happened.  If you would like to copy me on the e-mail, my address is: mgreenwood@collectiblesgroup.com 

On 4/20/2023 at 10:49 AM, Iceman399 said:

@CGC Mike well the clowns have done it again... It shipped today and this looks super promising

Label Text
Piece ouf of page 2 & 3, affects story

Not sure why changing the word OUF to OUT on the label notes is so fing hard to do. Cgc has already attempted this twice now and failed. I'll be sending Matt a very nicely worded email. I'm not sure how a book going in for a label update ME can not be checked to see the label update was applied. 

They can't just be sticking the old label into the new slab, can they?

On 4/20/2023 at 12:46 PM, Gaard said:

They can't just be sticking the old label into the new slab, can they?

It's highly possible?  I don't know the process so can't pretend to know if that is the case.  I can hardly wait to see the book in hand with the wrong label text and the book further damaged from this process.

:sorry:

I forget the thread we were reporting this in, but I did notice today on phone and tablet the squished avatars that get in the way of hitting the black button to get to first unread post and etc. @CGC MikeMike

Plus I've had to refresh because posts I've written have been deleted when writing and submit to post, and attachments not uploading. But that IS less seldom...

Screenshot_20230421-183021.png

Screenshot_20230421-183039.png

Screenshot_20230421-183102.png

Screenshot_20230421_183732_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

• Administrator
On 4/21/2023 at 7:35 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I forget the thread we were reporting this in, but I did notice today on phone and tablet the squished avatars that get in the way of hitting the black button to get to first unread post and etc. @CGC MikeMike

I'll report the continued problem with this.

On 4/20/2023 at 1:57 PM, Iceman399 said:

It's highly possible?  I don't know the process so can't pretend to know if that is the case.  I can hardly wait to see the book in hand with the wrong label text and the book further damaged from this process.

Eventually it will be corrected. And the comic will, of course, be worse for the wear for it. That sucks. But you know what the suckiest part is? CGC will never offer an explanation ... never say "That guy(s) f'd up."

This is what they'll say instead, "Here's a free shipping label. We'll fix it (maybe), in our own sweet time. You, on the other hand, have but 2 weeks. Now stop bothering us."

On 12/16/2014 at 8:45 PM, Wally's Comics said:

Where in the world was the Quality Control at CGC???

Over 8 years later, and we're still wondering as it gets progressively worse. :facepalm:

On 4/22/2023 at 3:11 AM, Domo Arigato said:

Over 8 years later, and we're still wondering as it gets progressively worse. :facepalm:

Maybe they're betting that raising prices might nip off some # or % of the hundreds or thousands of daily/weekly submissions they probably get, easing up the QC, ME and TATs yet still maintaining their bottom-line in light of slightly reduced #s of subs. How much? Who knows? 

It is insane though that a book possibly valued at just over $1,000 would cost 15% to slab.  

Where I work, whenever the company makes a major decision, it is discussed beforehand with the employees. Then it is discussed again. This way all possible viewpoints are looked at ... this is to prevent a possibly bad decision being made. With all these bad decisions being made at CGC the last few months - acetate fiasco, pay for grades with empty slabs, removal of certain notes from the labels, 14 days and you're out of luck, and on and on (not to mention the forever ongoing QC bs) - there's no way these things are being discussed beforehand. It's impossible that all the CGC employees would say "Yeah, let's do it! That's a great idea!"

I think these Blackstone people care about exactly one thing and one thing only. $$$

I think I'm starting not to like them.

On 4/22/2023 at 2:30 PM, Gaard said:

Where I work, whenever the company makes a major decision, it is discussed beforehand with the employees. Then it is discussed again. This way all possible viewpoints are looked at ... this is to prevent a possibly bad decision being made. With all these bad decisions being made at CGC the last few months - acetate fiasco, pay for grades with empty slabs, removal of certain notes from the labels, 14 days and you're out of luck, and on and on (not to mention the forever ongoing QC bs) - there's no way these things are being discussed beforehand. It's impossible that all the CGC employees would say "Yeah, let's do it! That's a great idea!"

I think these Blackstone people care about exactly one thing and one thing only. $$$

Wait until this forum becomes a pay to play.  

And please, I am sure someone up the chain will read this and say that it will not happen or that is not occurring in the foreseeable future.  There is a lot of money changing hands in the sales forums.  They will want a piece of it eventually or a pay to access certain areas. 

On 4/22/2023 at 1:30 PM, Gaard said:

On 4/22/2023 at 2:02 PM, Buzzetta said:

And please, I am sure someone up the chain will read this and say that it will not happen or that is not occurring in the foreseeable future.  There is a lot of money changing hands in the sales forums.  They will want a piece of it eventually or a pay to access certain areas. 

Lc6u5oi.gif.923ae03118eff2e07ebf7a3ac135b07a.gif

• Administrator
On 4/22/2023 at 3:02 PM, Buzzetta said:

I get e-mails regarding anything pertaining to the forum.  I would strongly oppose to any type of pay to play, and my vote goes a long way when it comes to the forum.

What happened to the you-beaut genius who was installed to fix all these QC issues? He sure fizzled out. Is he even still employed at the company? I can't remember the last time I heard about anything being brought to his attention. Is that now considered a waste of time too? Is he just another cog in the machine now, and another part of the problem? 

Whatever happened to looking for solutions for all this carp? It sure looks like the solution has been to give up, and let the system run its course. 

I don't find it encouraging, frankly. Things were looking up for a brief suing moment, and now they seem to be worse than ever again. Does the QC manager need a QC manager? 

On 4/22/2023 at 7:56 PM, CGC Mike said:

I get e-mails regarding anything pertaining to the forum.  I would strongly oppose to any type of pay to play, and my vote goes a long way when it comes to the forum.

While that may be true, there are books regularly selling in the thousands of dollars there ranging on down to threads where there are $10 books.  There is a LOT of money generated there.

Respectfully I do not think they would give you the final say on something like this.  To myself and quite a few others the monetization of the for sale threads is prime for the taking. 

There was a book posted the other day for $33,000.    CGC does not want a part of that if that book sells? 

They could end the sales threads here and set something up separate from the chat boards.  They could implement their own exchange service.  They could make it incentive by offering selling access to paid members only.  Either way, within the next few years it would not surprise me to see Backstone / CGC get involved in some capacity to reap the rewards for all the items that are sold across these boards.