• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where in the world was the Quality Control at CGC???
44 44

6,124 posts in this topic

On 11/11/2020 at 7:06 PM, BlowUpTheMoon said:

It's a black Sharpie oval on the inner well.

sorry, I looked at the pic but not the title of the post in the pic!

On 11/23/2020 at 1:59 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

lol yep

closest I've seen to a sketch on it is either it's in the inside and wasn't labeled that way

or

that dot next to his signature

and the facilitator or whomever filled out the paperwork as such that the dot is "extra" 

either way it's a real head scratcher lol 

I'm just catching up,  could the nipples be added, aka the sketch?

7 minutes ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

It’s a QC disgrace .  Whoever let this book slide should be sacked.

I understand perfectly ,but for me id pay for it ,it has a uniqueness to it,its not like the others with a piece of plastic in between or something,i find it cool,but cgc makes a lot o mistake .

4 minutes ago, Bird said:
On 11/23/2020 at 12:59 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

yep

closest I've seen to a sketch on it is either it's in the inside and wasn't labeled that way

or

that dot next to his signature

and the facilitator or whomever filled out the paperwork as such that the dot is "extra" 

either way it's a real head scratcher lol 

I'm just catching up,  could the nipples be added, aka the sketch?

.... I assume you mean this, I was to lazy to go back a page, but I'll have to check out other copies to see, could be!

3700655_Full_Obv.jpg

No I still cant find the sketch wasnt ladies parts arrrrgh, idk if it's just mislabeled or not 

7 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

.... I assume you mean this, I was to lazy to go back a page, but I'll have to check out other copies to see, could be!

3700655_Full_Obv.jpg

34 minutes ago, THE_BEYONDER said:
37 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

No I still cant find the sketch wasnt ladies parts arrrrgh, idk if it's just mislabeled or not 

Have you looked on the back cover?:p

45 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

3700655_Full_Obv.jpg

3700655_Full_Rev.jpg

1 minute ago, awakeintheashes said:

Sorry if I missed a page or post on this one, but this is coverless. There was a huckster selling one of these mistakenly graded by CGC as a timeline variant.

My mistake.  I don't know anything about that book.  I just grabbed the images from FB. 

3 minutes ago, awakeintheashes said:

Sorry if I missed a page or post on this one, but this is coverless. There was a huckster selling one of these mistakenly graded by CGC as a timeline variant.

10C5A9D1-443D-43F2-A459-7E1D18275AC1.jpeg.cc951ca391653307633c80d6206f0ab1.jpeg

Yeah, this is the real mistake that slipped through CGC QA, if it's real.

10 minutes ago, JazzMan said:

Yeah, this is the real mistake that slipped through CGC QA, if it's real.

What may have happened with this book and with the person who posted that NG copy on facebook is this...

Marvel’s minimum order number for store variants is 3,000 copies, I believe. Some of these stores sold the variants as limited 600 or a number less than 3,000. So, what happened to the rest of the books? Some likely ripped the cover off to keep any additional variant copies from entering the marketplace. Too bad it didn’t stop shady folks from taking those and trying to sell them for what they are not. 

Glad the person with the NG copy got stopped in his huckster ways.