• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where in the world was the Quality Control at CGC???
44 44

6,124 posts in this topic

18 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Again, this is NOT shaken comic syndrome.  This is someone in the encapsulation room not knowing what they are doing.  This is making the rounds on Facebook today. 

This is why I am not sending anything super valuable to CGC right now. 

(This is the thread I was looking for - yes I know I double posted it but why not twice)

@BlowUpTheMoon

Screen Shot 2021-05-26 at 1.36.05 PM.png

Just a flesh wound....

5 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

Again, this is NOT shaken comic syndrome.  This is someone in the encapsulation room not knowing what they are doing.  This is making the rounds on Facebook today. 

(This is the thread I was looking for - yes I know I double posted it but why not twice)

@BlowUpTheMoon

That is BEYOND inexcusable 😳.  I would be very...Put Out...

5 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

@BlowUpTheMoon

Have you contacted them?

This is terrible. Has CGC commented on any of these “mishaps”? 

It’s almost to the point where Bleeding Cool or some comic news site should highlight what the heck is happening to people’s books. They’ve covered other random events that transpired here. 

6 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

@BlowUpTheMoon

I would be livid.  What the heck is going on?  Is this guy doing the encapsulating?

giphy.gif

34 minutes ago, awakeintheashes said:

This is terrible. Has CGC commented on any of these “mishaps”? 

It’s almost to the point where Bleeding Cool or some comic news site should highlight what the heck is happening to people’s books. They’ve covered other random events that transpired here. 

That's a good point.  
I bet some negative press would wake up some people in QC.  Or find them on the dole.  

20 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

@BlowUpTheMoon

It's stuff like this that terrifies me... I have a few subs in right now, mostly stuff that I can sell for $100 if it grades out at 9.4-9.6, which is where I placed them... but there are a few that are high dollar ... makes me wish I would have valued them at 9.8 even though they are not... 😨

5 hours ago, HotKey said:

I won't be sending anything in until they publicly admit and successfully address this QC issue.

It’s been said before that mistakes happen and every time I’ve contact CGC with an issue, they’ve made it right by me. Of course you can do business with whom you choose to, but why does CGC have to make a public admission that mistakes happen? Does that mean all companies must do the same? 

27 minutes ago, KryptoMayor said:

It’s been said before that mistakes happen and every time I’ve contact CGC with an issue, they’ve made it right by me. Of course you can do business with whom you choose to, but why does CGC have to make a public admission that mistakes happen? Does that mean all companies must do the same? 

The thought here is that things have worsened considerably and rapidly recently.

16 minutes ago, kav said:

The thought here is that things have worsened considerably and rapidly recently.

That's what she said.