• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

STAR WARS : The Force Awakens Dec, 18, 2015

1,516 posts in this topic

Only a few days before we find out if this movie sucks or not!!!

Since Lucas has been getting progressively worse with time, I don't hold out much hope....

I found someone who has seen the film

he says:

It was as awesome as Star Wars gets. It wasn't as good as the original movies, but it comes damn near close.

Weak central villain. How Kylo Ren is handled is most unfortunate. Don't ramp up your expectations to the max for this guy. Other than his crossblade lightsaber, I didn't find much else memorable about Kylo. More in the comments if asked. Kylo Ren was probably the weakest link in the film, IMO.

Not much in terms of plot. It's complex on paper, but not at all on screen. Some might find this to their liking, though, as the plot was as simple as those in the original trilogy.

C-3PO and R2-D2 are barely in the film. It's kind of sad since these guys were pretty prominent in the original trilogy, why they were so utterly underused here baffles me a little.

Jar Jar Binks is not killed on-screen, nor is his corpse shown. Yet another lie by J.J. Yes Jar Jar appears in the damn film. Just a cameo but still (/s)