• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 50 Year Junk Obsession
9 9

4,504 posts in this topic

Hey RM

Cool show (as always). Thought i'd 'play' here. Shown these(MANY TIMES) before,but two of my favorite covers(one made my top 10 list on your 'Show your Top 10" thread. The other came an inch to making it. (That list has changed for me as a C'Link win last night has now altered my Top 10 :D ). Story for another day.

Already in the bucket so easy uploads. A pre code and super hero entry

Manhunt%202_zpsndklczgo.jpg

ZipComics13_zps1338d632.jpg

Went to a cool local show yesterday. Only 4 or 5 dealers with any GA to speak of. Got a very large pile of Horror comics from Ed Robertson out of his 1/2 price box. Now you wouldn't expect much but I was kinda floored. Got a bunch of nice mid grade+ early ACG's (with is about the last pre-code company I never bought much of). As well as a nice pile of cool post code Atlas which I hadn't until the past few years actively persued either. As well as some cool books too nice to pass up. Average price was around $15. each. Some of the Atlas were $5.-$7. each with the discount. Robot Man was a happy boy.

Was hoping to score a nice, Four Favorites, Speed, Prize or MLJ but there were none to be had. The few cool "bigger" books I saw were either too beat or way to pricey for me. So, I rode the middle rail and concentrated on stuff I liked that was a little unusual or fun.

Here is some of what I got.

A couple nice Atlas GGA books:

comyfriendirma40_zpsdadbjauk.jpg

comkathy1_zps5vfcch9l.jpg

And this was the lucky deal of the day. You know when you go to a con and all the vintage comic sellers are usually all in one area? Then there are the people selling fake weapons, T-Shirts and new stuff. Well, every once in a while there is some poor soul selling some comics stuck in this mess. Well, I found this guy. He didn't have very much. Maybe 6 or 8 short boxes on his table and some modern slabs. I almost walked buy but something told me to look in his $5. box. The only old comic he had. I couldn't get my wallet out fast enough.

I have never seen or heard of this one. It is a Canadian Seven Seas #2. This issue prints the cover for the US #5. Not sure which issue the insides are but they are full color and appear to be just like the US edition. Anybody ever see one or know which issue the contents are from?

This one made my day!

comsevenseas2canada1_zps3c2ebthc.jpg

comsevenseas2canada2_zpseizzjcjt.jpg