• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 50 Year Junk Obsession
9 9

4,504 posts in this topic

Here's the Official TOM MIX Ralston Straight Shooters Album complete

with radio cast photo's and bio's.

<a  href=https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5800/20543369744_0e07b52e03_z.jpg' alt='20543369744_0e07b52e03_z.jpg'>IMG TOM MIX STRAIGHT SHOOTERS ALBUM

mm

Nice Marty! It must have been so much fun waiting for that stuff to come in the mail...

I've got a TON of Tom Mix stuff. My favorite cowboy. His output of premiums was huge. Sounds like he had a great life cut short by a car accident in a Duesenberg. If I had to go in a car that would be a top choice or Dean's Porsche Spyder.

I have very little of my Tom Mix premiums photographed. If there is an interest, maybe I will do a group shot for you. Here are a couple of very cool things, I do have photographed...

1936 Wooden gun. Cylinder spins. With very rare original box. Amazing the work that went into this simple depression era toy.

tommixwhitegun_zps96gxs5xp.jpg

Here's the Official TOM MIX Ralston Straight Shooters Album complete

with radio cast photo's and bio's.

p><p> In those day

something that I had sent away for and would ring the apartment buzzer when he put

it in the mailbox...day's when I was in school it would be a happy surprise to come home

and find a treasure in an envelope.

mm

Yeah, I sent away for everything I could off cereal boxes and newspapers ads. Many times I was disapointed like X-Ray specs and the Revolutionary war soldiers. But some times the item didn't disapoint. It wasn't the piece, just getting a package with your name on it that you'd waited for what seemed like forever.

Yeah, I sent away for everything I could off cereal boxes and newspapers ads. Many times I was disapointed like X-Ray specs and the Revolutionary war soldiers. But some times the item didn't disapoint. It wasn't the piece, just getting a package with your name on it that you'd waited for what seemed like forever.

In the late sixties and early seventies my brother and I started writing letters to railroad companies asking if they could send us some old timetables. We were inspired by walking into the old freight depot down the street from us and the old train men giving us vintage railroad paperwork going back to the 1800's! My brother still has all of that stuff.

I then started writing DC comics to see if they might send anything. I recently found a letter I had sent my parents from boy scout camp asking if a response from DC comics had arrived in the mail yet! There is no obsession like that of a 12 year old! Clearly I was anticipating something important; no doubts dreams of Golden Age booty!

What I did receive was a postcard featuring many of the DC character faces and a small note written by a staff assistant!

157574.jpg.f17b373030703f6900374417bb5b206d.jpg

In the late sixties and early seventies my brother and I started writing letters to railroad companies asking if they could send us some old timetables. We were inspired by walking into the old freight depot down the street from us and the old train men giving us vintage railroad paperwork going back to the 1800's! My brother still has all of that stuff.

I then started writing DC comics to see if they might send anything. I recently found a letter I had sent my parents from boy scout camp asking if a response from DC comics had arrived in the mail yet! There is no obsession like that of a 12 year old! Clearly I was anticipating something important; no doubts dreams of Golden Age booty!

What I did receive was a postcard featuring many of the DC character faces and a small note written by a staff assistant!

That's awesome!

This is the cover letter I received along with a 20 page radio -script from MY TRUE STORY

EPISODE #703, "THE RAGGED CLOAK", broadcast on The American Broadcasting

Company on Wednesday, December 25, 1946.

I remember following along in the -script during the actual broadcast.

<a  href=https://farm1.staticflickr.com/746/21037298479_bbf6d5ee07_z.jpg' alt='21037298479_bbf6d5ee07_z.jpg'>IMG MY TRUE STORY -script

mm

5564781010_f23ea4d46e_b.jpg

I like the small size almost as much.

This one took me a very long time to finally land. Pleased as punch to have it in my D Tracy collection though

blb%201_zpsbaiuffzo.jpg

blb%201-1_zps32ob9n9k.jpg

Nice Bill! The first Big Little Book if I remember correctly.

you are correct sir

5564781010_f23ea4d46e_b.jpg

I like the small size almost as much.

This one took me a very long time to finally land. Pleased as punch to have it in my D Tracy collection though

blb%201_zpsbaiuffzo.jpg

blb%201-1_zps32ob9n9k.jpg

Nice one Bill. :headbang:

I had a chance to buy a beat up copy. I let it go but didn't realize it was the first big little book and a nice Tracy collectible.