• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 50 Year Junk Obsession
9 9

4,504 posts in this topic

I just talked to all those people and they want their photos back... :D

Pretty cool...never thought of collecting other people's snapshots...do you ever wonder why they don't still have them? What kind of person would throw away their photos? What kind of people were these? Aliens? :o

Edited by tricolorbrian

Bob- you've done it again. Here is a whole great (cheap) world available to anyone. I went to an art show couple years ago that was someone's photo collection. It was superb. The saucer ride and Shmoo my faves so far... Pat

They are fun unique and cheap in the "wild", All you gotta do is go out and dig 'em up!

I just talked to all those people and they want their photos back... :D

Pretty cool...never thought of collecting other people's snapshots...do you ever wonder why they don't still have them? What kind of person would throw away their photos? What kind of people were these? Aliens? :o

Most of these people are either dead or drooling in an old folks home. Kids don't care. They turn up at every show I go to. Just gotta look. I have made great money on old Disneyland, motorcycle/car, places that don't exist, weird situations ect. All you got to remember is that usually it's not the people but the "situation" that makes these interesting. And they are usually one of a kind.

Classic! Too bad you don't still have that pedal car. And what's up with the suit? Were you're parents just inviting the bullies over?

lol I had no control over what i wore when I was 3...and how do you know I don't still have that car? I drive it to Terry's show every year...it only takes like, 7 days to get there from AZ...

But, honestly, I don't even remember that car...it might have belonged to a neighbor...

Edited by tricolorbrian

Something fun and a little different today. When I'm out "junking" I always look in those boxes of photos and old photo albums. There are a TON of one of a kind photos out there in the world. They are always very cheap and some times you find so gems. Welcome to part one. Enjoy!

stevecanyonhelmet_zpseaclz3tk.jpg

This one really speaks to me! I can imagine wearing that helmet while sitting in the car and living through IMAGINATION! :cloud9:

Where I grew up there was a small park in Wall Township NJ that in the late sixties mounted a small navy jet on posts so you could climb into the cockpit and play. It was on the road home from Grandmom's house. I remember the day it showed up and my brother and I must have made enough of a racket that Dad stopped the car so we could play in it. No Steve Canyon helmet; but we didn't need it. It's long gone as it sure wasn't safe but it sure was fun!

very cool pictures robot man, especially the ones with comics!

those old toys seem more interesting than today's toys.

here's a commercial for the steve canyon helmet.

I just watched the Sky King episode after the commercial...I wonder if Robot has a Sky King microscope...

No Bu I do have these beauties:

premiumskykingsignalscope_zpsnf3csmq4.jpg

premiumskykingdetectoriter_zpsyrbat88l.jpg

premiumsgtprestonoredector_zpsszs6cmbs.jpg

ringskyking_zpss7uo5wk5.jpg

Here's a flea market pickup from back in the seventies from the Englishtown NJ Auction which used to be a junker's paradise; sadly no more. I still remember the day I came across these barely touched beauties (some of the spines weren't even cracked) for probably a dime or a quarter a pop! Loved them then; still love them!

157986.jpg.d42c95d966f57b0eb3fec0a05ed57b70.jpg

I remember those as a kid. First one I remember buying was Son of MAD. Inside MAD was a real mystery to me. What were those little pictures? Were those early issues? Why were they so different than the magazine? It took a while 'till I saw and bought #9 at Cherokee bookstore for $2.00.