• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 50 Year Junk Obsession
9 9

4,504 posts in this topic

I remember those as a kid. First one I remember buying was Son of MAD. Inside MAD was a real mystery to me. What were those little pictures? Were those early issues? Why were they so different than the magazine? It took a while 'till I saw and bought #9 at Cherokee bookstore for $2.00.

I was just going to write the same thing... :o I had no idea what those little Mad's were on the cover until I went to Cherokee... It really was a different time. Everything was new and mysterious... :banana:

A couple of weeks ago I posted this book I picked up from Terry at the Long Beach Con. Well I finally got some time to read some and look what I found in the bottom right panel of the first page...

compopularteenagers6_zpsfvphmbwi.jpg

compopularteenagers6a_zpsxa7eqhbm.jpg

That's a triple entendre! If that's page 1; dare we ask to see what happens later?

I love Matt Baker. Along with Schomburg, Frazetta and Wood he is one of my favorite GA artists.

A little while back I was asked about posting some non-romance Matt Baker books. In part one I posted a bunch of his crime work. Today, in part two, I will feature some more misc genres.

Although, the content on most St. Johns is real weak, the Baker art really elevates these otherwise mundane books.

Here are some of Baker's nice horror covers: (Love the Creature of the Black Lagoon guys on this one)

comamazinghoststories14_zpsjpczp4iu.jpg