• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 50 Year Junk Obsession
9 9

4,504 posts in this topic

My first stop inside was the Zimmermans. Saul is an old east coast CT dealer that has made CA his home. He always has lots of interesting GA books at real friendly prices. Besides, I like to flirt with his wife. He had a wonderful display of art. This time however, he concentrated on art and only brought one box of comics. Unfortunatly, nothing I needed. We juved a while and I moved on to the next victim.

wonderzimmermans_zpsc5ywakft.jpg

Since he hasn't been here for a while except San Diego which I can go to any more, I made a beeline for by buddy Richard at Bedrock. He had one of the best spreads at the show. He is also one of my favorite dealers with stuff for every budget, tight grading and very friendly discounts. Since it was a little dealer light, I made several trips back to him buying stuff every time. He seemed busy and said he had a real good show. He had some great books including an All Negro, Reform School Girl and a Marvel Comics #1 among many others. I invited him over to see the junk pile but he was pretty commited and had to leave for home the next day. Here he is with a small pile of books I bought on my first stop.

wonderbedrock_zpsamkyfsax.jpg

My next dealer stop was Brian Peets from A1. A tight grader and pricer. He didn't have too much for me. I did buy a small pile of EC's and a nice Big Shot #28 with a nice axis/Hitler cover that I'd been looking for for quite a while. He seemed a little tired of fielding Deadpool questions.

wonderA1_zps7pawpkwf.jpg

Next on my hit list was Jamie Graham. A great guy when you know him and always has nice stuff. And he brought some killer books. He had a Headline #8 (Hitler cover), Exciting #39 (poisoned Candy cover), a Cap #46 (everybody know this one), A fFght Against Crime #20 (decap cover) and many others. I got a lower grade All Winners #17 and a couple early Bats from him. Looks like I will see a lot more of him since he recently bought a place out here. Here is his wall of goodness GA style.

wondergraham_zpsajkz0ecw.jpg

From Nor Cal came Sal and the boards very own Brenholt. I missed Redbeard but Sal was holding down the for for him. Sal is one of those comic guys who "gets" the "other stuff". He had a nice Capt America Sentinitals of Liberty badge as well as some other interesting items. Got a couple nice LB Cole Terrors of the Jungle issues from him.

wondersal_zpsxn2sdhwv.jpg