• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 50 Year Junk Obsession
9 9

4,504 posts in this topic

Found a few more pictures of some of obsession.

A few of my comic character toys:

charactertoys_zps20384891.jpg

A couple of my cool ray guns:

rayguns_zps7e366031.jpg

Some more robots, Superman items, Buck Rogers ect.

robotsuperman_zps79db5f52.jpg

I do love vehicle toys. Here's an old picture of a few:

vehicletoys_zpsf41e639c.jpg

A cool old sign from a 1930's newstand:

popularcomicsign_zps79282352.jpg

A cool group shot of some more of my "blank stare" buddies:

robots_zps5adebb87.jpg

Now, since I'm sure you guys are bored with the toys, maybe I will go over to the Golden Age thread and put some some funny book photos.

Edited by Robot Man

Glad to have you on board Robot Man and thanks for sharing your treasures :applause: Looking forward to seeing more :wishluck: I haven't been to the RoseBowl flea market in about a year and a half. Are there still vintage comics to be had for a good price? . I know there was a covered area there where it's strictly comics, toys, and some video games. Not sure if it is still around, but I didn't see any good deals there.

Hi Richard

You are about the only one I think I know personally on the boards.I've been drooling over your stuff you years. Congrats on that Action cover. Couldn't have gone to a more deserving collector!

Yeah, the premiums are fun and VERY challenging. I'll try to show some more in the future if you guys want to see them.

Gotta look close in that picture!

Found a few more pictures of some of obsession.A few of my comic character toys:charactertoys_zps20384891.jpg

A couple of my cool ray guns:rayguns_zps7e366031.jpg

Some more robots, Superman items, Buck Rogers ect.robotsuperman_zps79db5f52.jpg

I do love vehicle toys. Here's an old picture of a few:vehicletoys_zpsf41e639c.jpg

A cool old sign from a 1930's newstand:popularcomicsign_zps79282352.jpg

A cool group shot of some more of my "blank stare" buddies:robots_zps60cf9cec.jpg

And, I do love space ships as well. Here is a complete set of the Marx wind-ups as well as a few more character toys:spaceships_zps530f8d01.jpg

Now, since I'm sure you guys are bored with the toys, maybe I will go over to the Golden Age thread and put some some funny book photos.

If anyone was bored looking at that treasure chest....check em for a pulse!

Hi Dark Knight

Yeah, you can still find old comics at the Bowl if you go every month and go early. Not nearly like the old days but they do turn up. The Long Beach vets show is even better. It is really hit and miss. Mostly a lot of new drek but I got about 75 lower grade 10 and 12 cent DC's cheap at Long Beach a few months back. Funny story, I saw Mike Carbo at the Pasadena City College flea this morning! Guess he was in town and decided to get up early. I beat him to the punch 'cause he got there late. Got a cool old porclean Gas sign from the '30's but no comics.

I am very lucky that there is a large outdoor flea market nearly every weekend out here. It was cold (for us) in the high '30's this morning but if you don't go you lose. Heck, I've been to Addamstown PA flea markets when it was snowing and still got stuff. Gotta be a little crazy!

Hi Dark Knight

Yeah, you can still find old comics at the Bowl if you go every month and go early. Not nearly like the old days but they do turn up. The Long Beach vets show is even better. It is really hit and miss. Mostly a lot of new drek but I got about 75 lower grade 10 and 12 cent DC's cheap at Long Beach a few months back. Funny story, I saw Mike Carbo at the Pasadena City College flea this morning! Guess he was in town and decided to get up early. I beat him to the punch 'cause he got there late. Got a cool old porclean Gas sign from the '30's but no comics.

I am very lucky that there is a large outdoor flea market nearly every weekend out here. It was cold (for us) in the high '30's this morning but if you don't go you lose. Heck, I've been to Addamstown PA flea markets when it was snowing and still got stuff. Gotta be a little crazy!

Thanks Robot Man for the inside (thumbs u I guess I'll have to go back to the Bowl flea market soon. I hope to find something there. I went to the last LB show and I did buy a few gems. Got some great deals, just my 2nd time there. Can't wait to go back this year.

Mike Carbo is all over the place. I saw him one time at a local comic shop which I think closed down in Pasadena. I think he was co-owner of the shop that time. He wanted to buy my X-Men #1, but didn't take his low buy price.

Hi Richard

You are about the only one I think I know personally on the boards.I've been drooling over your stuff you years. Congrats on that Action cover. Couldn't have gone to a more deserving collector!

Yeah, the premiums are fun and VERY challenging. I'll try to show some more in the future if you guys want to see them.

Gotta look close in that picture!

Thanks! I'm so glad you are posting, Bob. And it is great to finally see some of your very cool stuff!

Found a few more pictures of some of obsession.A few of my comic character toys: Some more robots, Superman items, Buck Rogers ect. A cool group shot of some more of my "blank stare" buddies:robots_zps60cf9cec.jpg

And, I do love space ships as well. Here is a complete set of the Marx wind-ups as well as a few more character toys:spaceships_zps530f8d01.jpg

OK, I was hooked after seeing the Wonder Woman pin...now the robot toys...I'm going to have to start shopping, lol. What a wonderful collection, thank you for sharing!

Glad to have you on board Robot Man and thanks for sharing your treasures :applause: Looking forward to seeing more :wishluck: I haven't been to the RoseBowl flea market in about a year and a half. Are there still vintage comics to be had for a good price? . I know there was a covered area there where it's strictly comics, toys, and some video games. Not sure if it is still around, but I didn't see any good deals there.

For a while they had that interior/underground area that catered to comics, I haven't seen that set up since they renovated the Rose Bowl going back 18-24 months or so.

Yeah, the underground comics area stinks. Lots of new stuff. You have to get out into the antique area and dig to find any good stuff. I could write a book on the cool finds I've found at the flea markets. You want to find the people who found them at an estate sale or garage sale. Same with toys and advertising stuff. One of the weirdest finds I ever found there was a lady with over 100 copies of Hoppalong Cassidy #37. I asked here how much they were and she said "Do you want to buy them all?". I thought OK what the heck and said "how much?" She said "how about $20.?" I couldn't get my wallet out fast enough!

One of my friends who isn't a comic guy once bought a large paper box of comics for $250. He brought them over to me to find out if he got anything good. The first couple of hand fulls were SA DC's. Nothing special but still a good find. Then I hit FF4 #3,5,6,8 to about #20, some more OK DC's then an Avengers #1 and some spotty sinle digit issues, more DC's and some early Daredevils incliding #1. There were a few early Spideys. The last handfull was a fine! Spidey #1! I about wet my pants. My friend had no idea. I offered to give him a fair price but the person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed sold them to a dealer friend of his in AZ way too cheap. So much for trying to be honest with a friend. (We are still buddies anyway).

The Tales of Terror annual is annother one I want "put in the box" when I go. It's a pretty nice copy that I got from Moondog when he first got on ebay. Probably the most I ever spent for a comic up to that time. I laugh at the price now but then it was a lot of money for me.What make it even more special it has Crypt #20 (#1), VOH #12 (#1), HOF #15 (#1) and WS #13 (#2) contents! I will try and take a better shot of it next time I have it in hand.