• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 50 Year Junk Obsession
9 9

4,504 posts in this topic

I agree this is a fun one day show. It was fun to meet some out of town boardies, Junkdrawer has good taste in books, nice pick ups. I was happy with my selection also most came from those two boxes from Brad's booth. Here's two of them:

167742.jpg.6a189378c9f8792dde9153e1e30c4c12.jpg

167743.jpg.d7484483ae51f24a045040f9d3101483.jpg

I agree this is a fun one day show. It was fun to meet some out of town boardies, Junkdrawer has good taste in books, nice pick ups. I was happy with my selection also most came from those two boxes from Brad's booth. Here's two of them:
:applause: Thanks I have no complaints except I wanted more of them. I also like to thank you again for passing on the ManO Mars from Brad and giving me the opp for it. Its one of my favorite buys of the day.

Very cool books Steve. That Red Seal is stellar! I've never owned one. You prompted me to over and take a look and I ended up with two nice ones. I only wish I'd been there earlier. Good to see you there!

Love the Red Seal

The boards very own ciorac at his booth. Yes, Bill is alive and well but as I understand it, pretty tired working a full time job and keeping that new store going. Sadly, he had no GA for me this time. Good to see you Bill!

terryshow2017s_zps9k23ovbv.jpg

I know that guy! (thumbs u

Oh, side note. I took the first step to the dark side...I met the wonderful Joeypost and gave him my first book to submit to CGC. I'm a little excited to see what it comes back as and will post it when it does.

It's not the dark side, Bob, it's just the way it is now when it's time to sell better material. Joey will make it look as good as it can get - and it will get the grade it deserves. Good luck, pal.

Some of Terry's "teenage" stash and some other purchases. Man, these were cool to go through in his boxes. You just don't see this stuff like that. His prices seemed a little steep but I guess I am a little out of touch on them. Ricksneatstuff just wet his pants.Check with Terry he has a ton more and they wern't all at the show because he just got them.

terryshow2017e_zps6pcexs2p.jpg

lol I was cleaning up the floor as soon as I saw the pic!!

Nuthin says Halloween like LB Cole!

comfriskyfables37_zpslrdifwaz.jpg

I'm adding Frisky Fables to my "look out for" titles

:banana:

If you like that check out Holiday, Ha Ha and Giggle for classic holiday covers

The artwork on the Frisky Fables reminds me of the Animaniacs:

rs_560x415-160407101644-1024-animaniacs-coming-to-netflix-040716.jpg

419135_319747974748145_1939950393_n.jpg

:)

Some of Terry's "teenage" stash and some other purchases. Man, these were cool to go through in his boxes. You just don't see this stuff like that. His prices seemed a little steep but I guess I am a little out of touch on them. Ricksneatstuff just wet his pants.Check with Terry he has a ton more and they wern't all at the show because he just got them.

terryshow2017e_zps6pcexs2p.jpg

lol I was cleaning up the floor as soon as I saw the pic!!

Check your PMs Rick

Nice games HepCat!

Anyone interested in board games might want to pick up these two books by Rick Polizzi:

61x%2BOj2Cl-L._SS500_.jpg

61PTZ7PDZBL._SS500_.jpg

While not as comprehensive as some other books on board games, I found them more interesting because of their focus on the games of the baby boomer era. Polizzi was also the publisher of a short lived magazine on board games also entitled Spin Again which only ran for five issues in the early nineties.

Here's a great picture of Rick Polizzi with his board game collection from his website:

Natl1.jpg

Rick Polizzi evidently started collecting board games after stumbling upon one in a thrift shop in the late eighties that he'd had as a kid. By late 1990 his collection had grown to over 400 and at last count he had approximately 1500!

:o

Have any of you California fellows met Rick at any of the toy shows in the Golden State? I've only spoken with him on the phone some fifteen years ago.

???

Edited by Hepcat