• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 50 Year Junk Obsession
9 9

4,504 posts in this topic

Ok, ok, ok, I spread out some random ones on the floor and took a quck shot. Haven't had time to even enjoy them yet. I will take pics of them individually and post them in the proper threads when I get some time. A lot of the books I got were upgrades so beware of a boards sale soon...

terryshow2017o_zpszg9pr5za.jpg

Some of Terry's "teenage" stash and some other purchases. Man, these were cool to go through in his boxes. You just don't see this stuff like that. His prices seemed a little steep but I guess I am a little out of touch on them. Ricksneatstuff just wet his pants.Check with Terry he has a ton more and they wern't all at the show because he just got them.

terryshow2017e_zps6pcexs2p.jpg

Conclusion:

This is the new San Diego folks. More vintage books than I have seen in a LONG time. Everything from Action #1 to Batman Adventures #12. More and more of us are being shut out of San Diego and other big shows. If you want books, these small shows are the place to go. Terry being a big dealer, knows what is needed. He also has the connections and the rep to bring in dealers and collectors from all over the country for this one day show.Plan on coming out next year. Call it a vacation, enjoy some good weather and CA attractions and hit this show. Just ask these guys. They had a great weekend!

Sales:

I'm a small time collector. I sell at a comic show once or twice a year.I'm always buying at shows, flea markets, estate sales, antique shops ect. A lot of non comic dealers save their books for me. And, as you know, I don't do a whole lot of big high end books. My bread and butter and the stuff I love finding is just average to lower grade stuff. I do have a good eye for the unusual though. So I usually have a ton of old unusual stuff. I got a lot of regulars who hit me up when I sell comics. That being said, this one easily one of the best shows I've done comic book wise. Everything at this show sells. Everything from Porky Pig and Cime Does not Pay to The fighting Yank, Marvel Tales and Archie if you price it right. I guess I must have because I sold easily 1/3 of the stuff I brought.

Buying:

Being a flea market and estate sale buyer I know how to go for it. I pay attention who has what and the prices they want. I keep my ears open about the people who are bringing fresh collections and I hit the right people as quick as I could. I spent money all over the room and came home with a huge pile of junk. Buying and trading. Kind of hard when you have a table but I managed to get around. There was SO much stuff there and so many hard core buyers that I missed stuff but went home very happy all around.

I am already counting the days to next year!

Oh, side note. I took the first step to the dark side...I met the wonderful Joeypost and gave him my first book to submit to CGC. I'm a little excited to see what it comes back as and will post it when it does.

OK, back to your usual scheduled programming!

Everything from Action #1 to Batman Adventures #12.

All the way from "A" to "B"? hm

I met the wonderful Joeypost and gave him my first book to submit to CGC. I'm a little excited to see what it comes back as and will post it when it does.

With luck, you'll get it back this time next year! :D

Seriously, thanks for posting the pics. Sounds like a great show.

Well another Terry O'Neil show has come and gone... I think it has been 12? I've been a dealer at all of them.This is probably my favorite show of the year and I look forward to it all year and now it's over. I'll try to give you a little "flavor" for it.

Terry puts this show on because he wants to bring back the "old school" real comic book shows. It's in a small Community Center and is only one day. Very intimate and action packed. I really like it that way. He doesn't make money on it and works very hard to put it on. He makes his money by bring every book he owns and probably does gang buster sales.

Conclusion:

This is the new San Diego folks. More vintage books than I have seen in a LONG time. Everything from Action #1 to Batman Adventures #12. More and more of us are being shut out of San Diego and other big shows. If you want books, these small shows are the place to go. Terry being a big dealer, knows what is needed. He also has the connections and the rep to bring in dealers and collectors from all over the country for this one day show.Plan on coming out next year. Call it a vacation, enjoy some good weather and CA attractions and hit this show. Just ask these guys. They had a great weekend!

Sales:

I'm a small time collector. I sell at a comic show once or twice a year.I'm always buying at shows, flea markets, estate sales, antique shops ect. A lot of non comic dealers save their books for me. And, as you know, I don't do a whole lot of big high end books. My bread and butter and the stuff I love finding is just average to lower grade stuff. I do have a good eye for the unusual though. So I usually have a ton of old unusual stuff. I got a lot of regulars who hit me up when I sell comics. That being said, this one easily one of the best shows I've done comic book wise. Everything at this show sells. Everything from Porky Pig and Cime Does not Pay to The fighting Yank, Marvel Tales and Archie if you price it right. I guess I must have because I sold easily 1/3 of the stuff I brought.

Buying:

Being a flea market and estate sale buyer I know how to go for it. I pay attention who has what and the prices they want. I keep my ears open about the people who are bringing fresh collections and I hit the right people as quick as I could. I spent money all over the room and came home with a huge pile of junk. Buying and trading. Kind of hard when you have a table but I managed to get around. There was SO much stuff there and so many hard core buyers that I missed stuff but went home very happy all around.

I've looked through the last few pages of this thread and I still haven't seen any mention of where the show takes place.

???

Well another Terry O'Neil show has come and gone... I think it has been 12? I've been a dealer at all of them.This is probably my favorite show of the year and I look forward to it all year and now it's over. I'll try to give you a little "flavor" for it.

Terry puts this show on because he wants to bring back the "old school" real comic book shows. It's in a small Community Center and is only one day. Very intimate and action packed. I really like it that way. He doesn't make money on it and works very hard to put it on. He makes his money by bring every book he owns and probably does gang buster sales.

Conclusion:

Sales:

Buying:

I've looked through the last few pages of this thread and I still haven't seen any mention of where the show takes place.

???

Yorba Linda, CA And, if you come the week before, you can come to this equivelent in a vintage toy and advertising show...

Thanks for the pics and reports, Robot Man. It sounds like an awesome show, the sort I wish we still had with any regularity in the Chicago area. It's nice now to be able to put a name to a few of the boardies as well. It looks like you scored overall, and especially with some nice GGA books. Congrats!