• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 50 Year Junk Obsession
9 9

4,504 posts in this topic

I love this early 1930's Mickey Mouse target. It's sitting on my 1954 Fender Champ Ampifier which I use to practice on in the house. Some lady pulled it out of the back of her pick-up at a flea market and I about soiled myself. Couldn't open my wallet out fast enough. ALL original electronics and works great!

mickeyamp_zps5523fc60.jpg

Here are Mickey, Minnie and Pluto wooden "Funny Flex" toys. Don't do much but stand there. But real early circa 1932.

mickeyfunnyflexfigs_zps0b8a0572.jpg

(worship):applause:

This stuff is so rare.

RM, have you com across this "reference" book?

MMCover1268x1441.jpg

I ask, because there's a fellow pictured, and I can kind of see him as a version of you - though I think you'd have a louder sports coat . . .

MMCollector748x636.jpg

I was in the Vancouver international airport a month ago and was surprised to see a massive display of Disney figures. Probably a couple hundred each of Mickey, Donald, Goofy, etc. They belonged to a local (B.C.) collector named Ken Stephens. I don't think he had anything as old or cool as those Mickey figures.

Edited by sfcityduck

Here are Mickey, Minnie and Pluto wooden "Funny Flex" toys. Don't do much but stand there. But real early circa 1932.

This stuff is so rare.

MMCover1268x1441.jpg

That's Bernie Shine. Disney collector extrordinarre. LA based collector. Probably the best Disney colection I have ever seen. He is pretty focused unlike me who likes anything "shiny"

Oh, no sport coats for Robot Man. More likely a vintage Nudies western shirt. You know the ones with the bright saquorro catcus on the sleeves. I like my "going out" clothes vintage (like my collection).

I ask, because there's a fellow pictured, and I can kind of see him as a version of you - though I think you'd have a louder sports coat . . .

MMCollector748x636.jpg

This stuff is so rare.

MMCover1268x1441.jpg

That's Bernie Shine. Disney collector extrordinarre. LA based collector. Probably the best Disney colection I have ever seen. He is pretty focused unlike me who likes anything "shiny"

Oh, no sport coats for Robot Man. More likely a vintage Nudies western shirt. You know the ones with the bright saquorro catcus on the sleeves. I like my "going out" clothes vintage (like my collection).

MMCollector748x636.jpg

This is a classic picture of Robert Lesser in his very tiny NYC apartment, where he used virtually every inch of the place to display his collection. Bob loved Buck Rogers and robots but liked all old comic collectibles. In 1975 he also wrote, using his collection for reference material, the first great book of comic collectibles, A Celebration of Comic Art and Memorabilia. For years it was a must have classic selling for $100 or more. Now there has been a warehouse find or something like that because you can get it on eBay for $10 on most days. If you don't have it, and you have enjoyed this thread, you need to get it. While it is now 40 years old, it is still one of the very best books of its kind.

This stuff is so rare.

MMCover1268x1441.jpg

MMCollector748x636.jpg

This is a classic picture of Robert Lesser in his very tiny NYC apartment, where he used virtually every inch of the place to display his collection. Bob loved Buck Rogers and robots but liked all old comic collectibles. In 1975 he also wrote, using his collection for reference material, the first great book of comic collectibles, A Celebration of Comic Art and Memorabilia. For years it was a must have classic selling for $100 or more. Now there has been a warehouse find or something like that because you can get it on eBay for $10 on most days. If you don't have it, and you have enjoyed this thread, you need to get it. While it is now 40 years old, it is still one of the very best books of its kind.

Thanks Rich. You are indeed right. After being buried in a junk house for 50 years my memory fades I guess. I know he has/had one of the best collections of original pulp magazine covers out there. And, his book is a must have!

It's Monday, time for another interesting subset of comic covers. I call these "Sexual Innuendo" covers. These are all open to opinion but my dirty little mind finds something "interesting" with all of these. I won't go into detail or explain my thinking, I'll just leave it open to you...

Please feel free to add your own. I am currently looking for Teen Age Romances #9 and Miss America #65. I also have a complete subset of Archie and possibly Atlas coming up in the future.

comeh4_zpsq0ogw7fj.jpg