• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 50 Year Junk Obsession
9 9

4,504 posts in this topic

I think the only logical way to approach this is to wake up each morning, take a deep breath, and then post whatever the heck you want to that day.

That's about right make it your day.

Wow Cat nice ax!!! Do you play? I don't think I'd want to play that strat. Kind of like a slabbed book, what good is it??? But it sure looks purty. I have a '63 Gibson SG that my daddy bought me used for my 15th birthday. I once had Pete Townshend sign the pickguard. But it was a player and I eventually wore off most of the signature. I was too stupid to change the pickguard.

Naw, some folks have mistaken me for a rock star 'cuz of my hair length and similarities to dead musicians, but that's never been proven. lol

The guitar was signed by my bud, Joe Bonamassa. It's a Fender Squire my wife & I won at a gig he was playing in Ardmore, Oklahoma (Two Frogs Grill) back before he was performing at Royal Albert Hall with Eric Clapton as his guest. When our number was pulled a lot of folks thought the contest was rigged because we'd been hanging out with the group after shows and attended most of his concerts within a 100 mile radius during this incarnation of the band.

Here's a Tull cover he and his original power-trio (Joe, Kenny Kramme & Eric Czar) from a Rockpalast performance back then... :headbang:

Hey Howard! Good to hear from you man. Yeah, when you collect for a while and hang on to stuff you're bound to end up with some cool junk. Hey some of my hoard

Has even come through you. Next time you're in town you should come by with Randy.

Yeah, that was sure a score huh? I couldn't believe it when he came by my booth. He had no idea. Just dumb luck. Going through the stacks was fun. You never know what the book below the one you are looking at will be. Randy is a bro and I didn't want him to get screwed. Besides, they were just crappy SA! Trouble is, all it did was create an other competitor!!! Hey I've got some cool stuff from him too. Stay tuned I have a few more things to show when I get the chance...

Bob

Do you have a fanzine collection from the sixties? I still have a beat up Alter-Ego 4 that I purchased back then. The other two were acquired later.

15601169074_db3b8891ae_b.jpg

Edited by BB-Gun

Hi BB: You know the one thing I don't really have any more of is fanzines. I never really kept them. Like my Buyer's Guides, I would recycle them after a while because they took up too much valuble space. I thing I do have a few old RBCC's, Bill Thailing, Rogosky ect catalogs somewhere but that's about it...

Hi gang. Thought you might find this fun. Last night on my way home I noticed a house on my street with a huge dumpster. The old couple died a year or so ago and I guess the family was cleaning out or remodeling. No one has lived there since.I knew they had kids about my age so it got me to thinking.. Soooo I walked down the street with a flashlight and walked into it. Lots of trash and but I did find a small pile of non-key SA comics, a Man from Uncle Lunchbox and some old 50's light fixtures (sell real well at the flea markets). Also a cool '50's "sattalight"" clock. No body was there but I am going to try and hook up with the kids when I see them and see what else they ahve to throw out. JUNK! Wasn't the first time 'ole Robot Man has dived a dumpster nor the best find but hey you gotta take the chance... Any body else ever do anything like this?

Also, would love to hear stories of other's "finds". Post 'em here. It's all about the thrill of the hunt and discovery. I know you guys have stories (especially Mitch). Don't be shy or embarrased, let's have so fun!

Bob

How 'bout some Comic bound volumes? The Wings set I got from George Tuska and he signed it inside the front cover. It is #1-12. The Disney set is a two volume set of all the Donald Duck Barks one shots. Also got Scrooge 1-40 in two volumes from a local guy that bought them from Cherokee and had them bound. The 9 has a $6. pencil price inside the cover! I love bound volumes!

boundvolumes4_zps557b1435.jpg