• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 50 Year Junk Obsession
9 9

4,504 posts in this topic

I don't think either of us want Ms Fury to tell us what Stevie Ray was "like"...

He was from Texas, so obviously he had to be a perfect gentleman. ;)

The story is actually pretty kewl and the anecdote is innocent enough to post on this board without raising eyebrows, but she should tell it.

We're at a convention this weekend in Oklahoma (SoonerCon) preparing for the launch of her latest novel Ink and Bones during SDCC. We're also focusing on our Morganville film project with Robert Picardo and other cast members, so finding time to post the boards is limited.

When I get back to Dallas I'll try to locate scan some of my other rock collectibles, such as a Who tour program from '76 or maybe my Spirit tee signed by the late great Randy California.

Some other favorite shows for me were what I jokingly call "has been" shows.... like Steppinwolf at an Oceanfront bar, only John Kay was left of the original members..... and try as I might, I just couldn't convince them to play " Screaming Night Hog". For 3 straight years, the Suffolk Pork, Peanut, and Pine festival was like dying and going to heaven with The Little River Band, America, and Firefall. Another was a Memorial Day show at Fort Monroe with REO Speedwagon...... all except Steppinwolf were free. I also love it when Arlo Guthrie hits the New American Theater every couple of years :cloud9: GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

The paperback thread got me inspired to look in my crime boxes. "Dope" books were all the rage years ago. I managed to pick up a few good ones.This will probably be a 2 part thread since I found a lot more than I thought I had. So,twist up a fat one, pull out that Iron Butterfly album and settle into the dark side.

A few cool paper backs...

pbdrugbooks_zps4iq3i3qp.jpg

Another classic. "Drop that knife you hopped up Rat!"

comperfectcrime18_zpsccbdauvw.jpg

Whoa! I get a contact high just looking at these lol

And this one?! The dialog is priceless! "Cokey" . How aptly named! Cool RM (thumbs u