• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 50 Year Junk Obsession
9 9

4,504 posts in this topic

This one is a strong possibility...

commyownromance12_zps9lpi6rj2.jpg

It seems to me this one was discussed not long ago and there are compelling reasons to believe this isn't Stan. Don't ask me to remember what those reasons are, though! :D

This should fit into this thread's, "other people's trash is my treasure" theme.

I was cleaning up some of my Dad's stuff this weekend and was surprised to find this old digest tumble out of a box. This was a pickup I made at a flea market or garage sale many years ago; great cover. As I recall there was another that I bought with it but that one didn't' show up.

We were regulars at the Englishtown Flea Market in the sixties and seventies and many deals could be found on the cheap. Alas, my brother tells me those days are over and the flea market only sells new items these days; no longer a junker's paradise.

156079.jpg.3b34adde8de595b82d22e441ada420e4.jpg

Yeah, the flea markets are not what they used to be. There used to be big ones both Saturday and Sunday here. The Saturday ones have turned into "Storage Wars" reject junk. The good Sunday ones have more and more garage sale junk. There is still good stuff to be had but you have to get up early, get to know the dealers with the good stuff and get lucky. I am lucky that I live in a place that has pretty good ones every weekend all year long. It is still all about the "thrill of the hunt". I'm getting a lot more pickey but usually go home with something good.

"I Know, it's only Rock 'N Roll But I Like it, Like it, Yes I do"

Mick Jagger

As promised, back to comics, kinda... I've been working on this one for a while when I get a few minutes. As always, I encourage you to add to this subset if you can. Should be a fun one.

It all started with Elvis...

comyoungromanceelvis_zpsrdb34bzd.jpg