• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 50 Year Junk Obsession
9 9

4,504 posts in this topic

I didn't pull nuthin. Technology is a curse as well as a blessing. I don't care what you guys post here as long as it's cool and collectible. Heck, I love vintage electric guitars, classic cars and motorcycles, advertising, sports stuff and of course my first love GA comic books. Just join the parade and inspire me!

By they way, I went back in and restored my first couple of pages and they worked fine so hang on and we can continue the ride!

You do realize that I was just pullin' your leg? :gossip:

I figured it was a tech issue like the one plaguing some of the Photobucket users over in General.

Also, kudos to spending time with your grandchild, ...and I hope that I haven't made a faux pas in respect to that presumption. :blush:

Cheers,

Cat

:headbang:

No problem at all Cat. I know the guys here that dish out as well as take a joke. I often have to change my posts so things don't come out wrong. I take no offense. You have been one of the best posters here and I always love to see your cool "junk" from yesterday or 40 years ago!

OK, got another minute. This post is for Rich since he has been keeping this thread alive all week for me. Sometime next week I'll do some more COMICS!

These, for those who don't know, were sent out to lucky recepients of subscriptions of Walt Disney's Comics & Stories. They were like gift cards so you knew who they came from. Some were in envelopes and some were self mailers. I got a couple in collections, scrapbooks or just finding "in the wild". I don't really seek them out but like a lot of stuff I have, I just "aculuminate" them. They started in the early 1940's and went well into the late 1950's in this form.

wdcspremium3_zpslumtlxlo.jpg

But to put together groups like I do takes some time for very little reward. I don't mind doing it as it is a labor of love and I know a lot of you appreciate it.

Yes, we do! :applause:

This thread has been a lot of fun.

Agreed

Wish I had more romance books for you but it never has been my favorite genre. Pretty unreadable for me. There are exceptions though. Lot of great covers though. I do have some cool ones still up my sleeve so stay tuned! You have sure given me a new appreciation for these and added to my want list.

Guys,do you figure this may be Kirby?with the part hidden face and expression,im not sure.my copy is a Superior Canadian edition,no info inside...

There are supposed to be a few with Kirby photo covers but I don't think this one is. This is a confirmed one though. So, your guess is as good as mine.

comheadline37crippen_zpsf4t6mdaw.jpg

Any Blaze answers...

Never heard anything like that, Jimmers. But that copy is awesome. Jealous!

And Bob, I don't have anything much to add to this thread. Except THANKS! loving it.

Thanks Dr.That is a stock copy,mine is a Superior Comics edition,but PC not working still...