• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Descender #1 Image Comics March 2015

470 posts in this topic

Some of my Painted Vision variants have that same issue as others here with the black on the cover along the spine but not nearly as pronounced. A few of my copies though suffered corner damage as they shifted in the box, it's not a major deal, but could have probably been avoided if protected better in the box.

As you can see without even removing them from the bags the color transfer from the back cover onto the front. Does this pull it out of 9.8 worthy? Serious question. The rest of the book is very well deserving of a 9.8 IMO. Just never subbed color transferred books before like this. Each and every one has it.

Yes, it will.

Edit - Someone up above stated they pulled 9.8s with this defect, so I could be wrong, however I have always been "told" it is a defect, and would effect the grade.

I've been "told" that consistent defects like that do not prevent a book from getting 9.8. But they have to be consistent printing/bindery defects.

Are some of yours not showing the black at all?

Some of mine have hardly any of the black at all, looking at those images posted mine aren't that bad either. I have noticed that if your hands aren't cleaned, fingerprints show up on the cover (standard "A" cover) but also on the back covers which are mostly black on the Dungeon store variant and Painted Visions variant.

i sent 50 spawn 250's with consistent color rubs on the black copies and spinal wear in the same places and they all came back 9.8

All seven of my S-G Phantoms came back with color rubs on the front and back cover, all in the exact same spot. And these were bought from two different sources.

We'll see what CGC says about them - but it looks to me like a very consistent printing defect.

I was at BAM! last night and they had 2 copies of the regula and 6 of the BAM! variant. I bought them all. They were all in great shape too. Apparently BAM! (at least my local one) has started bagging and boarding their comics.

Books a Million ships VERY well.

I got 15 copies in a box bag and boarded.

All NM / NM+.

Still available through there site and selling for $12 on the bay

http://www.booksamillion.com/p/Descender-BAM-Exclusive-Variant/Jeff-Lemire/9781492471776?id=6243250080576

After reading this book I have to say I am very intrigued. I thought it was going to be slow then a few pages in and the story really surprised me. It seems like there are a bunch of space stories these days but this one seems like it has that little something that may make it pop. That's just my opinion and I'm a total rookie in terms of speculation but compared to other sci-fi books I've read in the last month this one seems ahead of the pack. Hopefully, it stays up to par with the ridiculously cool first issue.

ECCC Variant

54dd392444b55_00.jpg

Hey! You can't do that!

Post up a pick of that awesome cover without a link to where to get it (at a low-low price).

Don't you know the rules!

(tsk)

;)

Visited a LCS yesterday morning, they had a couple copies of the BAM/2NC variant at $10 a pop. Kind of surprising to me, as I stated earlier I went to a BAM and a 2NC in the area where they had around a dozen and two dozen available at cover price, respectively. There are at least 2 BAMs and 1 2nC in the area, these things shouldn't be seeing any mark up in this area, at least. Either way, can't say no to picking up at least one more a week if this thing picks up in value.