• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Current Turnaround times at CCS
5 5

203 posts in this topic

I think the problem with CCS and CGC is, in terms of convenience and reputation, they are THE brand names. Also, lack of competition means they essentially have us by the balls. Nothing against them, They're obviously doing a good job otherwise they wouldn't have the volume they do. My point is that personally, I have to deal with the charges and price increases because (especially being in Canada) my options for pressing and grading are limited. Just my opinion. 2c

Well, this thread turned sour fast. From my own personal experiences, I have never had a problem with Matt and with CCS. He has been very professional to me and I highly recommend his services. I've had some big books in the 4-5 figure range pressed by him and they all turned out well. Thanks Matt!
Same here

I think the problem with CCS and CGC is, in terms of convenience and reputation, they are THE brand names. Also, lack of competition means they essentially have us by the balls. Nothing against them, They're obviously doing a good job otherwise they wouldn't have the volume they do. My point is that personally, I have to deal with the charges and price increases because (especially being in Canada) my options for pressing and grading are limited. Just my opinion. 2c

Is it really that hard to find someone to properly press a book. I know 5 local guys who offer the service and CGC has no problem with their work. Especially modern books with corner bends and handling wear, the majority of subs and hard to mess up. I understand wanting to send a high dollar book to someone with a good rep but most other books not so much.

I just sent Matt a Superman 14 to be conserved. (Looks like its arriving in the CCS PO Box today) Looking forward to seeing the result and getting to put that awesome book on my wall.

Only used CCS once before but they pressed my raw GSXM1 from a 4.0 to an 8.5.

Well, I think it's time to create a thread for CCS TATs.

When I sent my most recent pressing submissions to CCS (one in December, one in January), the stated TATs were 2-3 weeks for Fast Track and 4-6 weeks for Standard.

I just checked the website today and the current TATs listed are:

4-6 weeks for Fast Track

10-12 weeks for Standard

:o

WTF?

hm

Yes, for us the winter was always slower, and a good time to catch up. Not so this time. Business is booming. I am working on getting the TATs back down as soon as possible. My main concern is and has always been making sure the work is top notch, so I can't rush things. A thank you to all who are being patient.

Jeff, the upcharges you refer to are you running $2000 books through the modern tier, then getting upset when we bump you.

Hey Matt, if you need some help, I could run a midnight shift for you.

That escalated quickly...

Serious question now though...What is the "cut off" date for books being under the longer TAT?

For example, if I subbed books to CCS and they arrived in late December/Early January, would they be under the old TAT or the 'new' TAT'?

Thank you.

I subbed books end of October and am now around the 15 week wait without any movement. So I think you'll be in the new TAT if you subbed Dec/Jan.

Serious question now though...What is the "cut off" date for books being under the longer TAT?

For example, if I subbed books to CCS and they arrived in late December/Early January, would they be under the old TAT or the 'new' TAT'?

Thank you.

I subbed books end of October and am now around the 15 week wait without any movement. So I think you'll be in the new TAT if you subbed Dec/Jan.

15 weeks. For pressing? :facepalm:

Thank you.

15 weeks. For pressing? :facepalm:

SON OF A...

People have to be getting upset. By the time they get the books pressed and returned the bubbles are going to pop!! :ohnoez:

Call me a cynic, but I have a feeling the bubble chasers may be getting faster TATs.

I too have noticed increased TATs. It's discouraging for me because I always choose fast track both there and CGC. I no longer see a point in choosing that as an option as I don't get my money's worth out of it.

I'm not angry about it but I do have a hard time understanding why it is seemingly so hard to scale up the business so that these delays can be eliminated. I mean you could quite literally be dead by the time you get the books back.

Cheers, Howard

If you are never in danger of loosing money for current business practices then there will never be a reason to expand. Why hire and train additional people when you can make the customer wait longer (and they are ok with it) for the same or increased price (FT to get books back "quicker").

This isn't just a problem with CCS (though they are the slowest and most expensive option); all pressers are always behind on their TAT and offer FT so you can get your books "faster". It is a solid way to make money and ensure income growth while making the customer pay more for the same service that was advertised.

If you are never in danger of loosing money for current business practices then there will never be a reason to expand. Why hire and train additional people when you can make the customer wait longer (and they are ok with it) for the same or increased price (FT to get books back "quicker").

This isn't just a problem with CCS (though they are the slowest and most expensive option); all pressers are always behind on their TAT and offer FT so you can get your books "faster". It is a solid way to make money and ensure income growth while making the customer pay more for the same service that was advertised.

it's a dishonest way to do business if you ask me.

You are counting on a customer's impatience to line your pockets.

FT is no different than the line-jumper pass at busy amusement parks. Pay me more and skip the line. I've never been a fan of that, but I can understand why businesses offer it. It's another revenue stream, even if it comes at the price of off your larger customer base. But it works when you're the only game in town that matters (again, like with amusement parks, because it's not like you can just go to the one across the street when there isn't one across the street unless it's along the lines of a fire hall carnival)

And the problem with establishing a business model where there is a "line jumper pass" available for an extra fee is the inevitable question of "what happens when everybody/most people start buying the line-jumper pass?"

All of a sudden, everybody is buying the line jumper pass, but nobody gets to jump the line because that's just essentially the original line moved over 10 feet and costing an extra $50. Now, do you offer a line jumper line jumper pass and how do you handle the pissed off customer base where everybody is buying an "extra service" and none are able to receive it? There becomes a credibility question and bait-and-switch-like feeling that gets created in your customer base as a result which can lead to a lot of other problems.

It's a short-term money grab strategy and nothing else. It's not a long-term business model.