• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Action Figure Cover Thread!

2,130 posts in this topic

They took better care this time in shipping them, 10 bagged and boarded then sandwiched between 2 pieces of cardboard, then bubble wrapped. The main problem was they didn't tape the 10 books to the cardboard and so they shifted in transit. A drop of the box and all comics would slide in that direction from the impact.

This is the EXACT issue I had last time, and had email communication with them telling them how to avoid this and ship properly. It's disheartening to hear they either ignored my advice, or simply know better how to ship then I. They're obviously not doing it, or have thought it's something they could get away without doing. Yes, I know it adds time to the shipping process, but when it comes to collectors and their books, you really want to do it right the first time IMHO.

You can lead a horse to water....

Got my books today!

Three are great 9.8 candidates. Three would be NM/NM- and two would be NM- or maybe a little less. Really not that bad and can't expect perfection.

The issue with the lesser quality books would be the corners as the moved around a bit in transit. (Look at the books in the lower left of the picture for the ones that are a little dinged up)

IMG_1188.jpg

I got 8 also...after close inspection i'd say 4 out of the 8 would be 9.8 worthy...the other 4 are closer to NM/NM-. The paper stock used is very flimsy, I can see how any impact without them being secured against the cardboard would cause bends/dings. I'm sure pressing would raise the grades of the NM-. There's kind of waves to the paper on the back cover of even the 9.8s.

seeing that, lucky all of my bottom right top right corners were fine...yours look bludgeoned...none of mine were that crushed.

I'll bet people are flooding him with emails....should have hired someone on the boards to pack them up for him...

hope this guy ordered a ton to satisfy grumpy ebayers.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/STAR-WARS-7-JOHN-TYLER-CHRISTOPHER-BOBA-FETT-SKETCH-B-W-ACTION-FIGURE-VARIANT-/201393880322?hash=item2ee402bd02

Edited by krighton

I just received mine today and when I saw how beat up the Priority Envelope was, I expected the worst. To my surprise 10 of the 11 books are in great condition. One had the very slightest of corner dings and that was most likely done from earlier handling and not during the shipping. I really feel bad for those who have posted and were not so lucky.

The next step is to pick out 2 or 3 of the best copies for on site grading at Baltimore Comic Con. What forum could I check out for tips on doing my own pre-screening? I want to pick out the copies with best potential for a high grade but I do not really know what the graders look for other than the obvious. Any suggestions are much appreciated!