• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Action Figure Cover Thread!

2,130 posts in this topic

I do have to ask others, the Luther Strode variant looks 3-D to me. When I look at that cover, it really does look like someone took a picture of an action figure. Do you get that same 3-D feeling from the Star Wars covers? I don't but maybe it's my eyes. The Star Wars covers are cool, but they don't look like someone took a picture of an action figure.

I wonder if Marvel could hire the artist for that Luther Strode cover to do the rest of the Star Wars covers. :)

And have part of the job interview include shipping skills. :grin:

I do have to ask others, the Luther Strode variant looks 3-D to me. When I look at that cover, it really does look like someone took a picture of an action figure. Do you get that same 3-D feeling from the Star Wars covers? I don't but maybe it's my eyes. The Star Wars covers are cool, but they don't look like someone took a picture of an action figure.

I wonder if Marvel could hire the artist for that Luther Strode cover to do the rest of the Star Wars covers. :)

And have part of the job interview include shipping skills. :grin:

:o

Ouch. That's a bit discouraging. I've just decided to jump in on these, and ordered Chewie, R2, 3PO, and Stormtrooper to start me off. I figured Boba would be my most expensive due to the Fett tax, wasn't expecting Han to go for so much.

That Luthor Strode cover is definitely on a level above the rest.

Setting the bar very high!

Its Michael Adams, he also did the Spread Action Figure covers (which way pre-date the SW and Marvel ones)

51elN7YWdHL._SX327_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

1436419_xl.jpg

[/i]The attention to detail on the price stickers being faded is a really fantastic touch.[/i]

Edited by Smoak//Frost

Wow, I didn't realize they were anywhere near that high.Still have a respectable stack around here somewhere.

I read this and instantly figured it was some shill BS type stuff.....but then I checked out completed Ebay auctions. WHOA. When did this second bump in price happen to this issue? I thought this book was sitting plentiful at $50.

lol I skipped CGC this time around on the Fetts. I honestly thought it would hold up as well as the first one, just didn't have the money to slab them. Glad that was the case.

I'm guessing some of the action figure covers will see a bump closer to movie time, but with all the different Star Wars books & variants out, I'm not as confident as I once was that it'll happen.

Wow, I didn't realize they were anywhere near that high.Still have a respectable stack around here somewhere.

Don't just dump them on the market. Just sell them at a slow pace one listing at a time.

Don't just dump them on the market. Just sell them at a slow pace one listing at a time.

(thumbs u No worries.

Are the Boba Fett covers dead now?

Ehh, the heats deff. dead. Idk if they've dropped below original price yet or not.

Need to unload the rest of mine and cut my losses.

I think they're still selling for double original price, avg around $40-50ish raw.

They popped quickly then seemed to have settled now for a while. Don't think they're dropping much anymore.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=%22star%20wars%204%22%20boba%20fett&_dcat=32762&rt=nc&_trksid=p2045573.m1684

lol I skipped CGC this time around on the Fetts. I honestly thought it would hold up as well as the first one, just didn't have the money to slab them. Glad that was the case.

I'm guessing some of the action figure covers will see a bump closer to movie time, but with all the different Star Wars books & variants out, I'm not as confident as I once was that it'll happen.

I have a few Boba Fetts packed and ready for onsite grading at Baltimore Con today but I'm rethinking it. I really did not foresee this kind of free fall.