• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Action Figure Cover Thread!

2,130 posts in this topic

Got mine today, all issues banged to mess on two corners. :taptaptap:

Emailed Jen to see if I can get replacements.

Wow, what a waste of A LOT of good comics for all who received theirs damaged! doh!

Edited by nixnix

Bummer to hear about some people having damage.....mine came today and it's rather pretty looking :)

Didn't end up getting JTC to autograph it like I had tried to request, but no big deal. I'm a happy camper.

Auto might be there. Look by the boba figure in tiny writing.

Bummer to hear about some people having damage.....mine came today and it's rather pretty looking :)

Didn't end up getting JTC to autograph it like I had tried to request, but no big deal. I'm a happy camper.

Auto might be there. Look by the boba figure in tiny writing.

That's where I first looked.....and nada :(

I was hoping he would sign it right there. I've seen some and they dissapear nicely if you aren't trying to notice them.

Anyone else's order's still listed as processing?

Have emailed a couple of times since the 14th and have had no response.

Interestingly I had two books from my order of 11 graded via moregreatart.com and have already received notification via ups they shipped out for Australia 4 days ago.

Frustrating.

If you don't have your Boba Sketches from Tyler yet, the comic has completely tanked on ebay. I would just send them in to be slabbed and hope something happens down the road.

For some reason they just aren't selling,

I'm wondering if maybe a lot of people who couldn't get them are feeling burned and boycotting purchasing

People are just not interested in the black and white sketch. Lesson learned.

Absolutely. Went to the well too many times with this one.

"But it's Boba Fett and there are a bazillion Boba Fett fans!"

If you don't have your Boba Sketches from Tyler yet, the comic has completely tanked on ebay. I would just send them in to be slabbed and hope something happens down the road.

I'm wondering if maybe a lot of people who couldn't get them are feeling burned and boycotting purchasing

Whoa! You ain't kidding - raws are barely covering costs now!

But but it's a 9.8 (shrug)

The B&W is kind of boring..I prefer the color. Also the color variant was undetermined in the value it would command so there was more of a after market demand for it. Once people saw what the color variants were selling for, they stocked up on the B&W thinking it would have the same effect on the market. In this case demand < supply. Either way it's Star Wars so it should have some value long term. IMO sketch/b&w have less interest then their color counterparts.

The B&W is kind of boring..I prefer the color. Also the color variant was undetermined in the value it would command so there was more of a after market demand for it. Once people saw what the color variants were selling for, they stocked up on the B&W thinking it would have the same effect on the market. In this case demand < supply. Either way it's Star Wars so it should have some value long term. IMO sketch/b&w have less interest then their color counterparts.

This seems silly. If what we've been told is correct (5000 color Bobas, 3000 B&Ws), then the total supply of the color is more. If you're saying that a greater proportion of them made it into the hands of people that want them initially, then I can buy that. But, if the desirability of both books is the same (I don't think it is, the B&Ws don't make sense to me; the appeal is in the trompe l'oeil effect, IMO), then the people that want them should still be looking to but them.

EDIT: To clarify, I don't think your latter point is accurate, that the after-market prices of the color is the cause of the current market of the B&Ws. I agree with your "boring" take

Edited by GeeksAreMyPeeps

One person can't speak for the market ..only speculate..but it's been from my selling experience (and following of sales) on any sketch/b&w variant of a specific book, that there's been less of an interest compared to the color. Yes, there's a lower print run on the B&W but the demand is not as strong. I for one love sketch variants. That's my opinion.

One person can't speak for the market ..only speculate..but it's been from my selling experience (and following of sales) on any sketch/b&w variant of a specific book, that there's been less of an interest compared to the color. Yes, there's a lower print run on the B&W but the demand is not as strong. I for one love sketch variants. That's my opinion.

except for Luke BW...which seems to do well.

except for Luke BW...which seems to do well.

That was limited to about 250 copies and not distributed in a way that most regular collectors could obtain them. RRPs and things of that ilk are usually be more desirable because of this.