• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Action Figure Cover Thread!

2,130 posts in this topic

lol I skipped CGC this time around on the Fetts. I honestly thought it would hold up as well as the first one, just didn't have the money to slab them. Glad that was the case.

I'm guessing some of the action figure covers will see a bump closer to movie time, but with all the different Star Wars books & variants out, I'm not as confident as I once was that it'll happen.

I have a few Boba Fetts packed and ready for onsite grading at Baltimore Con today but I'm rethinking it. I really did not foresee this kind of free fall.

I decided to take two of the Boba Fett Sketch Covers to Bmore. I ordered 11 total with 8 looking to me to be like really nice copies. I could not see any differences in those 8 copies so just grabbed these two from the top of the pile. CGC Staffers were very pleasant and great to deal with. My first ever submissions and I'm an On Site Grading fan!!!

bi1cu0.jpg

jujtvr.jpg

Curtis

I just realized I never got the last Star Wars action figure from DCBS. I'll email them, but is there any reason why they delay the variants?

You are not guaranteed any variants from DCBS. I also didn't get the last one. Either they ran out because it was based on orders or it is on back order and you might get a copy if they get more. They did the same thing a few months back with the Star Wars #1 6th printing.

I always order those from Midtown because they are so much cheaper than DCBS on the action figure variants.

My problem with Midtown is how they ship comic books. I get the DCBS comics in the condition they are in when they pack them. With Midtown, the few times I have ordered variants from them, they have been damaged in shipping because of the poor packing they do.

I heard from some on here you have to ask for them to pack the books securely. I don't get that. If I order a $10-20 variant, of course I'm going want that book packed correctly. If I didn't care about the condition, I'd just buy the comic for $4 with the standard cover.

Mile High Comics has also started doing a poor job on shipping variants this year. I use to order comic from them and they had the best packing job in the industry even if their grading has been loose. Now, they throw variants into a USPS envelop with a few pieces of cardboard, and don't secure the comic(s) to the cardboard. Very, very disappointed. Especially at $20 for each of their variants.

DCBS has been solid in the packing department for years.

I got these two back from CGC today. I had a hunch the sketch copy was a 9.9 candidate. 9.8 is no slouch, though. I didn't press either book.

Now the question is whether I part with them, wait until a possible movie bump, or hoard them like all my other books?

STARWARS004_1%20001_zpsvb2yh5az.jpg

STARWARS007_1%20001_zpsu9z13vdi.jpg