• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Action Figure Cover Thread!

2,130 posts in this topic

Have you heard back from him on what he's going to do about your copies that got damaged during shipment?

Well, 4 days ago I notified him of the damage and sent photos. He replied we will take care of it.

2 days ago, I did a follow up asking what the procedure is. I mentioned that I was not interested in a refund, but needed to have nice replacement copies.

Still waiting for a reply. :taptaptap:

Did you return the damaged copies back to him?

No, as I have not been asked to.

I did ask what the procedure was.

On a positive note, I received my shipping credit for having 2 separate orders. He also sent a note saying that they will still look after me.

I still believe that these are good folks and they truly will do their best to make everything right. 2c

For $10 shipping I'd expect at least some common-sense packing and something other than el cheapo (and unlawful) MEDIA mail!

Shipping comics via Media Mail is NOT against the law. It's against USPS policy & procedures, but not against the law.

For $10 shipping I'd expect at least some common-sense packing and something other than el cheapo (and unlawful) MEDIA mail!

Shipping comics via Media Mail is NOT against the law. It's against USPS policy & procedures, but not against the law.

Sending an item through the mail and intentionally using a lower-rate class of mail for which you know your item is specifically not allowed sounds like a violation of the law to me.

18 U.S. Code § 1723 - Avoidance of postage by using lower class matter: "...Whoever knowingly conceals or incloses any matter of a higher class in that of a lower class, and deposits the same for conveyance by mail, at a less rate than would be charged for such higher class matter, shall be fined under this title."

Sending an item through the mail and intentionally using a lower-rate class of mail for which you know your item is specifically not allowed sounds like a violation of the law to me.

18 U.S. Code § 1723 - Avoidance of postage by using lower class matter: "...Whoever knowingly conceals or incloses any matter of a higher class in that of a lower class, and deposits the same for conveyance by mail, at a less rate than would be charged for such higher class matter, shall be fined under this title."

:o

I can't remember, is it only politicians that don't have to obey laws.

While that sounds mighty scary down on paper (or tablet), in real life, when someone ships comic/s via media mail, and gets "caught" the recipient is usually the one that foots the bill.. I've had 3 or 4 transactions in which sellers sent me comic books via media mail and I was required to pay 2-3 bucks to get the package (which was inspected by the post office and notified to me on paper), the sellers werent even notified about it (because the deals I got said books for were so good I didnt even bother) and if I were to put it in perspective, Ive received HUNDREDS of comics via media mail and those were the only ones I had to pay for.

Like it on not, that is reality

While that sounds mighty scary down on paper (or tablet), in real life, when someone ships comic/s via media mail, and gets "caught" the recipient is usually the one that foots the bill.. I've had 3 or 4 transactions in which sellers sent me comic books via media mail and I was required to pay 2-3 bucks to get the package (which was inspected by the post office and notified to me on paper), the sellers werent even notified about it (because the deals I got said books for were so good I didnt even bother) and if I were to put it in perspective, Ive received HUNDREDS of comics via media mail and those were the only ones I had to pay for.

Like it on not, that is reality

:o :o

I'm just saying it's not right and it IS "illegal" or unlawful or against usps guidelines or whatever - and then for someone to charge $10 for shipping and then go el cheapo on the shipping by using media mail is pretty crappy.

I know a lot of people routinely ship by media mail, but I just meh about it.

I'm just saying it's not right and it IS "illegal" or unlawful or against usps guidelines or whatever - and then for someone to charge $10 for shipping and then go el cheapo on the shipping by using media mail is pretty crappy.

I know a lot of people routinely ship by media mail, but I just meh about it.

For the record, the only negative feedback I ever left on eBay was to a seller that pulled that mess on me.. He listed books at 0.99 cents (auction) and with 10.00 shipping per book, and even though his listing stated that he combined shipping he ended up selling me all 3 books for 32.97 and had the nerve to ship them media mail.

But with the exception of that bag of person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed I only had reasonable sellers with reasonable shipping charges, at least 99 percent of the times.. I prefer to buy from sellers who offer economy/media mail. And based on USPS actions, it doesnt seem like they mind it too much, otherwise I would imagine they would be more strict about it, or increase their penalties on people who chose to not abide by that regulations