• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Action Figure Cover Thread!

2,130 posts in this topic

they've overdone the Action Figure variants just like all the Gwen alter egos....

JAWAs!

As a whole, I tend to agree with you. But I can't get enough of the Star Wars ones, there's a few good ones there, waiting to be awakened.

Jerome

Edited by jump_ace

I do like the Jawa but they coulda skipped the Micheal Scott variant though (and most of the Secret Wars AFs too).

Can't skip one of the original Star Wars action figures.

I will admin that I am done with any AFV after Secret Wars. The only exception is Star Wars, but I will go down from three to two covers after I get my three Jawa covers.

they've overdone the Action Figure variants just like all the Gwen alter egos....

Once the Jawa Cover is out, it will make a good stopping point for those just wanting the original 12 backs. There are still plenty of key characters I'd like to see so for now I'm still on board. I would not be as interested in the characters from the animated series from the Disney Channel shows though. After my three 12 back sets are complete I will probably just go to single copies rather than three copies.

They are going to continue to churn these out (both Star Wars and Non Star Wars) as long as they sell so I see no end in sight unless interest drops after the movie release.

Over done the action figure variants you say? Time to put that to the test. I have been putting together my Previews order which lead me to one article of interest and the Midtown Comics Previews ordering page.

First, Midtown shows the following action figure variants for pre-order:

All-New Inhumans #1

Daredevil #1

Figment 2 #4

Karnak #3

Ms Marvel #2

Hellcat #1

Red Wolf #1

Secret Wars # 9

Squadron Supreme Vol.4 #1

Star Wars C-3PO Special #1

Star Wars #14

Totally Awesome Hulk #1

Unbeatable Squirrel Girl #1

Uncanny Inhumans #3

Oh, and here is the Vader Down #1 Retailer variant:

vader-down-retailer-exclusive-variant-152149.jpg

comicbook.com story about that cover.

Over done the action figure variants you say? Time to put that to the test. I have been putting together my Previews order which lead me to one article of interest and the Midtown Comics Previews ordering page.

All-New Inhumans #1

Daredevil #1

Figment 2 #4

Karnak #3

Ms Marvel #2

Hellcat #1

Red Wolf #1

Secret Wars # 9

Star Wars #14

Totally Awesome Hulk #1

Uncanny Inhumans #3

Interesting. I wonder how many retailer variants are going to exist. This is only going to be a logo difference on the cover, so I'm not sure how interesting it will be for people to "buy them all". And maybe it is just me, but that is an ugly variant.

P8QDxOF.jpg

NYCC variant: Legacy of Luther Strode issue three He Man action figure variant.

I also feel the AF cover has run its course. If this was a competition the Strode artist just destroyed the competition. That thing is done extremely well!

:o

That is an incredible cover and totally blows away the competition!

Edited by rjrjr

All-New Inhumans #1

Daredevil #1

Figment 2 #4

Karnak #3

Ms Marvel #2

Hellcat #1

Red Wolf #1

Secret Wars # 9

Star Wars #14

Totally Awesome Hulk #1

Uncanny Inhumans #3

Interesting. I wonder how many retailer variants are going to exist. This is only going to be a logo difference on the cover, so I'm not sure how interesting it will be for people to "buy them all". And maybe it is just me, but that is an ugly variant.

I dig that cover. It's not really close to any of the old SW cardbacks, but it is trying to recreate the same idea; the checklist that was on the rear side that all of us kids would stare at and plan our next purchase from. The idea where to put the designated store's logo is awesome. Would be cool if they made one that appeared as though that portion had been cut out, since we all removed the POP back in the day to send in and redeem for the secret new action figure offers.

I do have to ask others, the Luther Strode variant looks 3-D to me. When I look at that cover, it really does look like someone took a picture of an action figure. Do you get that same 3-D feeling from the Star Wars covers? I don't but maybe it's my eyes. The Star Wars covers are cool, but they don't look like someone took a picture of an action figure.

I wonder if Marvel could hire the artist for that Luther Strode cover to do the rest of the Star Wars covers. :)

I do have to ask others, the Luther Strode variant looks 3-D to me. When I look at that cover, it really does look like someone took a picture of an action figure. Do you get that same 3-D feeling from the Star Wars covers? I don't but maybe it's my eyes. The Star Wars covers are cool, but they don't look like someone took a picture of an action figure.

I wonder if Marvel could hire the artist for that Luther Strode cover to do the rest of the Star Wars covers. :)

That Luthor Strode cover is definitely on a level above the rest.

Setting the bar very high!