• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Thread "Legends of Tomorrow" TV Show
1 1

704 posts in this topic

I haven't been following this show, but I'm a big Jonah Hex fan, so I recorded the episode and finally watched it tonight.

Overall, I liked it. the actor playing Hex did a good job. The scar makeup was convincing. I wished they showed more of Hex's skill with a firearm. He seemed a little under used.

A few Easter eggs I noticed --

There was a Wilhelm scream in the first bar fight. Gotta love that.

"Albano Gultch," where Hawkgirl meets one of her past incarnations, is named after John Albano, co-creator with artist Tony DeZuniga of Jonah Hex.

The man mentioned as the villain who destroyed Culvert, OK, was Quentin Turnball, one of Hex's main antagonists from the original BA run. (Which I recommend everyone should read!)

Finally, in the final scene between Rip Hunter and Jonah Hex, there can be seen in the background a building with the sign "Kubert's Barber Shop." Kubert drew several covers for the original BA run of Jonah Hex.

It would be fun if they brought the Jonah Hex back again. Anything to counter-balance that awful, awful movie.

The only "Fun Fact" I have about this week's episode is that all the hospital scenes were filmed at a place called "Riverview" which is an old insane asylum in Coquitlam, BC. It's rumored to be haunted - I've heard tons of crazy ghost stories. And it's consistently used to film big and small films.

Some of the stuff that's filmed there:

X-Files, Happy Gilmore, Smallville, Stargate, Romeo Must Die, Elf, Jennifer's Body, Fringe, Supernatural, Arrow, X-Men (Can't remember which one)

Thanks for sharing this.

The only "Fun Fact" I have about this week's episode is that all the hospital scenes were filmed at a place called "Riverview" which is an old insane asylum in Coquitlam, BC. It's rumored to be haunted - I've heard tons of crazy ghost stories. And it's consistently used to film big and small films.

Didn't the Ghost Hunters team go to that place? It sounds familiar.

Here's a fellow that filmed the site.

Yep, that's the place. It's like a mini - city.

There was one building that was apparently off limits to be filmed at (not sure if it's mentioned in that episode or not - don't have time to watch) and it was the set for the film Jennifer Eight - which was the last anything to film there because it got too dangerous for the crew. People being pushed down stairs and such so they ended up boarding up that building and stopping any crews from going in.

Vandal Savage has a daughter?

Meet Vandal Savage’s Daughter in New Legends of Tomorrow Photos

lgn113b_0056b.jpg

lgn113b_0005b.jpg

The CW has released the first batch of photos for DC’s Legends of Tomorrow Episode 13, which sees the team heading to the far future and introduces Vandal Savage’s daughter. In the source material, Savage’s daughter is the assassin Scandal Savage, though it would appear an all-new character has been created for the series as guest star Jessica Sipos is credited as “Cassandra.”

:ohnoez:

People being pushed down stairs and such so they ended up boarding up that building and stopping any crews from going in.

:eyeroll:

Get outta here.

...unless the people were pushed down the stairs by other people, I call BS.

Hey, I'm just telling you what I've been told. I've not met anyone who's worked there and not had an issue or experience.

Lots of weird mess happened there. Doors shutting on their own. Shadows. Things jumping off shelves. Those grounds were known for their experiments on the mentally disturbed as well.

One dude who worked with my misses had one of those big solid steel patient room doors with the tiny windows (like you see in solitary confinement) slam shut and lock him in for about an hour. The rooms weren't sound proof and he was banging on it and screaming for his worker friend to open the door - who was just standing on the other side of the door painting - and he didn't hear him. Stuff like that.

Hey, I'm just telling you what I've been told. I've not met anyone who's worked there and not had an issue or experience.

To clarify, that wasn't at you personally...more like a general "get outta here."

One dude who worked with my misses had one of those big solid steel patient room doors with the tiny windows (like you see in solitary confinement) slam shut and lock him in for about an hour. The rooms weren't sound proof and he was banging on it and screaming for his worker friend to open the door - who was just standing on the other side of the door painting - and he didn't hear him. Stuff like that.

I don't believe that, either. :)

Also, Vandal Savage has a daughter now? What crapp.

To clarify, that wasn't at you personally...more like a general "get outta here."

I don't believe that, either. :)

Also, Vandal Savage has a daughter now? What crapp.

being immortal i'm guessing even a blind squirrel could find a nut after several thousand years.

That was the best episode so far IMHO. The only totally weird thing is why they used a digital Ray Palmer face on close-ups of him as a giant. They could easily have blue-screened the actor against the background and not used that atrocious video-game face.

while watching it my son asked why giants move slower than normal sized humans...why aren't they moving at normal speed.

They've been moving that speed since Godzilla as far as I can remember and maybe Ultraman, not sure of the science behind it.

Edited by krighton

while watching it my son asked why giants move slower than normal sized humans...why aren't they moving at normal speed.

They've been moving that speed since Godzilla as far as I can remember and maybe Ultraman, not sure of the science behind it.

I think it's more dramatics than science.