• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicConnect Event Auction!

794 posts in this topic

I think it will be quite interesting to see what it tops out at. To my knowledge, it has been quite sometime since a 4.5 has been offered for sale. (shrug)

A 4.0 showed up in the ComicLink preview for their upcoming auction but was subsequently removed.

I think it will be quite interesting to see what it tops out at. To my knowledge, it has been quite sometime since a 4.5 has been offered for sale. (shrug)

A 4.0 showed up in the ComicLink preview for their upcoming auction but was subsequently removed.

I saw that one that as well Peter. I wonder what happened. hm

Just blows my mind how a Tec 31 is neck and neck in value with Bat 1.. I certainly love the cover of Tec 31 and being my fav. Bat cover of all time but Bat 1 is way more important.
:ohnoez: got that right

If you compare it to paintings it kind of makes sense. If an artist is known for his portraits and a rare landscape comes up for sale, the landscape is going to sell for less than his more representative work even though it's more rare and arguably more important. I think Tec 31's cover transcends story and is so iconic that it trumps the actual mythos importance of Batman 1.

Just blows my mind how a Tec 31 is neck and neck in value with Bat 1.. I certainly love the cover of Tec 31 and being my fav. Bat cover of all time but Bat 1 is way more important.
we've already established that in today's cgc cover driven market that content is secondary to most when making a purchasing decision (eg suspense 3, etc)

I don't expect this trend to last over the long-run. If a trend's foundation isn't entrenched in logic, I usually don't expect it to last as long as a mindset that is. I'm not saying a book with great content but a lousy cover will beat out a great cover with lackluster content. But in Batman #1's case, the cover is classic. It's not the "cool" cover Tec #31 is, but the first ever image of the Dynamic Duo swinging through the city is nothing to shrug at, and I know a lot of people who love the cover.

There's a reason why some "minds are blown" to see Tec #31's value neck-and-neck with Batman #1's. Perhaps history will prove me wrong, but I don't see it as being the more valuable book ten years down the road.

I don't expect this trend to last over the long-run. If a trend's foundation isn't entrenched in logic, I usually don't expect it to last as long as a mindset that is. I'm not saying a book with great content but a lousy cover will beat out a great cover with lackluster content. But in Batman #1's case, the cover is classic. It's not the "cool" cover Tec #31 is, but the first ever image of the Dynamic Duo swinging through the city is nothing to shrug at, and I know a lot of people who love the cover.

There's a reason why some "minds are blown" to see Tec #31's value neck-and-neck with Batman #1's. Perhaps history will prove me wrong, but I don't see it as being the more valuable book ten years down the road.

Tec 31 to Batman what Action 7 is to Superman...

Tec 31 to Batman what Action 7 is to Superman...

Not completely.

Tec #31 feature the 1st app. of Julie Madison (Wayne's first love interest), 1st app. of the Monk (Batman's first "super" villain), 1st batarang and 1st Bat-Gyro.

Action #7, content-wise is a circus-story and to those familiar, 2nd usage of the term "Man of Steel."

The two seem analogous as they're the second most valuable Action/Tec, and it just sounds right to think of them that way, but content-wise, Tec #31 is much more than a classic cover and in comparison to Action #7, it offers much more.

How would CGC have a way of knowing the back cover is from another book ? Speaking for the tec31.

I assume it would be very hard, but perhaps if there was a stark difference in appearance of the paper color, some tanning or tanning halo on one cover but not the other, tears repairs that should have but don't continue, alignment issues, sizing of the two covers, whether the two covers when married look skewed or not properly aligned...just thinking out loud.

How would CGC have a way of knowing the back cover is from another book ? Speaking for the tec31.

I assume it would be very hard, but perhaps if there was a stark difference in appearance of the paper color, some tanning or tanning halo on one cover but not the other, tears repairs that should have but don't continue, alignment issues, sizing of the two covers, whether the two covers when married look skewed or not properly aligned...just thinking out loud.

Thanks.

if 12-15k is the guess for Tec 31 what the guess for Marvel 1 also a .5 with no back cover?
I sold a back coverless copy years ago for $15K....so comparable I suspect

Larson Action 13 predictions? It sits at 51k currently.

A lot. I suspect my slightly restored copy in the same grade will sell fairly quickly after we see the hammer price on the Larson.