• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicConnect Event Auction!

794 posts in this topic

Less than 2 weeks!!!!! :ohnoez:

my bids are holding by a very weak string lol

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for mine :wishluck:

Good luck. I think most of mine are underwater at this point.

Just too damn long for an auction to run big-thumbs-down-smiley-emoticon.gif

The long run time saved me some money in this case. There were a couple of books I was thinking about going after when they were first posted a few weeks ago, but now that I've had time to think it over, I decided there's nothing I really need. (I'll still put in some low-ball bids, though.)

I can't seem to log in to the site any longer. It says "login successful" but then it kicks me back to the login screen.

Same here. Bug that's happened before. They'll sort it out soon enough.

Just too damn long for an auction to run big-thumbs-down-smiley-emoticon.gif

+1

I think comic link's run time hits the sweet spot.

Three+ weeks for an auction is just dumb. (I'm also looking at you, Heritage.) lol

-J.

Tip of the hat to cc for their strategy. They are itching the scratch of their compulsive-obsessive cliente. The existence of this topic verifies that.

With respects to this auction, I'm not even considering bidding until the morning of the closing.

They are itching the scratch of their compulsive-obsessive cliente. The existence of this topic verifies that.

I disagree. Buyers are usually impulsive. Giving people too much time to think about it just gives them time to find something else to buy.

They are itching the scratch of their compulsive-obsessive cliente. The existence of this topic verifies that.

I disagree. Buyers are usually impulsive. Giving people too much time to think about it just gives them time to find something else to buy.

you're just flat-out disagreeable. everybody knows that. you'll probably disagree.

you're just flat-out disagreeable. everybody knows that. you'll probably disagree.

lol

An impulse is buying a pack of gum in the check out line when you went to the store for a loaf of bread. If I'm bidding on a Flash Comics I need for my run, I'm not impulsively going to bid on a Planet Comics item.

Whom amongst cc target market doesn't have a persistent anxiety to fulfill a collecting need (obsession)? That anxiety is acted upon be a repetitive behavior of going to the cc website continuesly for three weeks to see the status of their bids\watch list (compulsion).

Point being, cc's three week auction schedule works.

An impulse is buying a pack of gum in the check out line when you went to the store for a loaf of bread. If I'm bidding on a Flash Comics I need for my run, I'm not impulsively going to bid on a Planet Comics item.

Whom amongst cc target market doesn't have a persistent anxiety to fulfill a collecting need (obsession)? That anxiety is acted upon be a repetitive behavior of going to the cc website continuesly for three weeks to see the status of their bids\watch list (compulsion).

Point being, cc's three week auction schedule works.

This may seem facetious, but it wouldn't work for a goldfish. Meaning it wouldn't work for someone who is too darn distracted to even remember that the auction is still ongoing. What I find myself wondering is whether it is the post auction extended bidding that works for them regardless of the duration of the auction. I'm probably replicating someone else's (brilliant) remarks but I haven't followed this entire thread because I'm a goldfish. Or possibly a goldfinch. (Now that was facetious.)