• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicConnect Event Auction!

794 posts in this topic

Larson Action 13 predictions? It sits at 51k currently.

A lot. I suspect my slightly restored copy in the same grade will sell fairly quickly after we see the hammer price on the Larson.

I'm hoping is crushes everyone's expectations.

A lot. I suspect my slightly restored copy in the same grade will sell fairly quickly after we see the hammer price on the Larson.

I'm hoping is crushes everyone's expectations.

I'm hoping to have some money to spend in this one :banana:

nearmints copy of Action 13 is nice and at a great price (thumbs u

Probably the thing I dislike most about Comicconnect auctions is how long the bidding is open. It seems like bidding opens, you look through everything, forget about the auction for a month, then watch stuff close.

Probably the thing I dislike most about Comicconnect auctions is how long the bidding is open. It seems like bidding opens, you look through everything, forget about the auction for a month, then watch stuff close.

The bidding for one event auction ends just about the time the bidding opens for the next. :idea:

I think the more time, the better because it gives me a head's up to perhaps pass on something now if I know that something I want more will be available in a few weeks.

Plus it gives us more to talk about! :D

I agree that 10 days should be the max Obviously it is working for CC but as a customer that has spent $20k + there recently in auctions 3 weeks is not enjoyable (don't even get me started on the extended bidding) I actually don't mind CLINK's That said, CC has the most user friendly sight out there and whomever writes there stuff on each piece (or had been) is leaps and bounds ahead of everyone else in my opinion

Hello,

I'm new to this comic chatroom but have been lurking for a long time. My main reason to join

these boards was to ask about the Detective Comics 31 CGC .5 I wish to bid on

this comic but don't wish to overbid. Can someone tell me what dollar figure would

be max on this comic?

thanks,

John

Wait to the last day but place your top bid way before the end.Putting in bids to late makes the clock run up along with the price. :)

That's my plan. I just wonder is there a strategy being used when a bidder bids the book up early? Does an early price increase deter people from following the auction because they think it will end up above their price range?

Wait to the last day but place your top bid way before the end.Putting in bids to late makes the clock run up along with the price. :)

That's my plan. I just wonder is there a strategy being used when a bidder bids the book up early? Does an early price increase deter people from following the auction because they think it will end up above their price range?

I have to admit this happened to me at the recent Clink auction - there was a wonderful Golden Age key I wanted, but I looked at it a few hours before closing, saw that the price was already close to my max, and didn't bid... only to find the book had closed almost $2K below what my max bid would have been!

Not sure I would have won it, but I regretted not making the effort.