• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicConnect Event Auction!

794 posts in this topic

Any thoughts on the restored Superman 1? It certainly looks nice hm
I can't see it going over 20k

I assume you're joking because that seems very low these days for such a nice looking restored copy.

It may "look" nice, but at the end of the day, it is what it is. An extensive restored book. It will always be a restored book too. I would not have a use for it. I wish we could see the before picture. :eek:

I assume you're joking because that seems very low these days for such a nice looking restored copy.

It may "look" nice, but at the end of the day, it is what it is. An extensive restored book. It will always be a restored book too. I would not have a use for it. I wish we could see the before picture. :eek:

I'll guess $32K -- not that I would be willing to pay anywhere near that!

What would you, could you do with it for 20k? I'd look for a book with potential. I havent 20k to throw. But someone may, God knows money and brains seldom travel together :D

What would you, could you do with it for 20k? I'd look for a book with potential. I havent 20k to throw. But someone may, God knows money and brains seldom travel together :D

As you know, Superman 1 has always been one of the toughest GA keys. For better or for worse, someone today who wants a copy that presents as nicely as this one is going to have to pay more than $20K ... or so I think.

We can rail against it, but the choice for anyone who wants a copy is to pay that kind of money or wait and hope that the market comes back down. (shrug)

As you know, Superman 1 has always been one of the toughest GA keys. For better or for worse, someone today who wants a copy that presents as nicely as this one is going to have to pay more than $20K ... or so I think.

We can rail against it, but the choice for anyone who wants a copy is to pay that kind of money or wait and hope that the market comes back down. (shrug)

I sold my 7.0 MP copy a few years ago for 25K, and the buyer sold it last year, almost certainly for more than that. I can't see the CC copy going for less than 25, probably closer to 30.

I sold my 7.0 MP copy a few years ago for 25K, and the buyer sold it last year, almost certainly for more than that. I can't see the CC copy going for less than 25, probably closer to 30.

(thumbs u

Guessing the Supes 1 will go 25k-30k and it's MP not EP.
Yes, correct MP and not an EP. The cleaned cover and interior is what drives my stance. Also the color matching on the back is sub par. I can guarantee this wasnt done by Ciccone :sumo:

I can guarantee this wasnt done by Ciccone :sumo:

She does good work I take it ? And compared to CCS ?

I dont think anyone can touch her when it comes to matching colors and putting the finishing touches to a book.

Thanks for the info.

(thumbs u

I stil recall that book, Jeff, with great remorse - To this day I regret not buying it - I believe Bedrock bought it, if I'm not mistaken - white pages, real white pages I think ...

(thumbs u

I stil recall that book, Jeff, with great remorse - To this day I regret not buying it - I believe Bedrock bought it, if I'm not mistaken - white pages, real white pages I think ... [/quote

+1

Less than 2 weeks!!!!! :ohnoez:

my bids are holding by a very weak string lol

I Think my 300K tracking bid on the action 1 was outbid early on lol

well your still close brother you just gotta throw down another 28K and you will be back on top...for at least a short period of time hehe :grin: (thumbs u