• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FEAR TWD TV SHOW --- Official Discussion Thread

285 posts in this topic

As I've said elsewhere.

Well, ep 2 was slightly better. I can't believe AMC actually has the ballz to make us wait 2 weeks for new episodes, especially after how terrible the 'pilot' was. :facepalm:

I'm glad you had the same reaction, because I was doing a lot of fast-forwarding on my remote control for both episodes. Not a lot of meat to the story-telling. (In fairness, all the viewers are prejudiced with respect to what's really going on vis-à-vis the spread of the virus.)

As I've said elsewhere.

Well, ep 2 was slightly better. I can't believe AMC actually has the ballz to make us wait 2 weeks for new episodes, especially after how terrible the 'pilot' was. :facepalm:

I'm glad you had the same reaction, because I was doing a lot of fast-forwarding on my remote control for both episodes. Not a lot of meat to the story-telling. (In fairness, all the viewers are prejudiced with respect to what's really going on vis-à-vis the spread of the virus.)

You're really costing yourself some great slow-boil tension building and character depth. There's always a delayed payoff to these types of things. Gotta divorce your mind from what you know and what Walking Dead does as to pacing.

I thought the acting was much better this week, though I know hope the daughter is the first eaten. I am not digging her character that much. I was ok with her wanting to help the principle because this is still a world where zombies are not even in fiction, so it is hard for them to accept. Leaving the food though??

That was straight up shock. Given what they just went through and were forced to do. That was a first for both of them. You could see it in their eyes. You could see it in their demeanor as they walked away.

Agreed. They just had to kill the principal of the school, so grabbing the food on the cart wasn't the priority then.

As I've said elsewhere.

You're really costing yourself some great slow-boil tension building and character depth. There's always a delayed payoff to these types of things. Gotta divorce your mind from what you know and what Walking Dead does as to pacing.

I gotta agree here Chris...I actually think the show is pretty damn good, and is building quite nicely. I absolutely love the fact that it's starting from the beginning, and watching society just disintegrate before our eyes is something new in the zombie genre. Some people don't have a clue and are still planning Birthday parties while others are trying to corner the market on water is pretty cool.

Jim

I really liked the birthday party across the street and the eventual attack. I hope the first member of the family that gets bitten is the daughter though.

yes, but they don't know if this is local to los angeles or what. they figure they can get out of town and the government will isolate it.

yes, the daughter is annoying, but they are not killing her off any time soon.

very different than the real series...ruben blades's character is probably the only one who will know how to handle a weapon, whereas in TWD half the cast were crack shots already.

i like the mother as an actress, good in treme and gone girl.

also, it's starting to make some sense if there is also some flu out there that kills a chunk of the population, putting a ton of zombies out on the street all at once, because zombies biting people and people dying normally would not create enough zombies to overrun the military and police and the 100 million or so gun owners in this country, particularly now that they know to shoot at the head. i don't think an epidemic flu was ever really brought up in twd.

but clearly not everyone who is dying from natural causes right now is turning zombie.

they seem to hint that bad smack might have been a cause, but that doesn't explain the overall population being sick.

it's a different series than TWD. it might merge into that, but it's going to be a while.

also, it's starting to make some sense if there is also some flu out there that kills a chunk of the population, putting a ton of zombies out on the street all at once, because zombies biting people and people dying normally would not create enough zombies to overrun the military and police and the 100 million or so gun owners in this country, particularly now that they know to shoot at the head. i don't think an epidemic flu was ever really brought up in twd.

but clearly not everyone who is dying from natural causes right now is turning zombie.

they seem to hint that bad smack might have been a cause, but that doesn't explain the overall population being sick.

it's a different series than TWD. it might merge into that, but it's going to be a while.

I agree, just people dying and turning into zombies at a normal rate would be easy to control.

Also, who have you seen die that didn't turn into a zombie?

That heroin dealer died from a gunshot, not the flu, and he turned into a zombie.

I don't think it's bad heroin, or the son would be a zombie too.

The girl OD'ed, died, and came back as a zombie, the heroin was what killed her, that's all.

I can't wait for the daughter and younger son to get eaten, talk about annoying.

Does every zombie show have to have a carl or what?

Side note:

It's starting to look really good on the show for anyone with massive credit card debt, out on bond awaiting trial on criminal charges, or in the middle of foreclosure actions.

Those with a mountain of student loan debt will be also be breathing a sigh of relief soon.

Side note:

It's starting to look really good on the show for anyone with massive credit card debt, out on bond awaiting trial on criminal charges, or in the middle of foreclosure actions.

Those with a mountain of student loan debt will be also be breathing a sigh of relief soon.

No doubt, lol

It's time to go buy a fully loaded hummer, or some other type of beefy off road vehicle.

Finance the whole thing, the world as we know it will be over before the first payment is due.

I don't think there is a flu epidemic or anything like that. It is just people don't know what these new phenomenon is so they are bitten randomly everywhere. The government suppressed all news regarding this new threat that's why the son can't find it anywhere on the radio/TV, people are not aware. If the government used military to kill these Walkers, there will be videos and news blasted on all major TV stations across the country but that did not happen. All the videos you see on the net is just random amateur videos that not everyone watch, only rumor and speculation or some call stun videos/not real. Another thing is, hundreds if not thousands of people died every seconds for many different reasons then they turned to zombies and bite other people around them. The police/government cannot send help to every location. Sure there are many gun owners but not everyone carry a gun on street of LA.

I agree, just people dying and turning into zombies at a normal rate would be easy to control.

Depends where it happened. In a densely populated area it wouldn't be easy to control. The first episode with the zombie attack on the freeway? That would've have gotten exponentially worse quite quickly when knowledge of how the condition is transmitted is unknown and how to kill the zombies is also unknown. Remember, two kids with homemade explosives were able to shut down Boston. An ice storm was able to shut down Atlanta. An actual zombie outbreak, where law enforcement and medical personnel are among the first victims, is going to go south quite quickly. Your disaster and emergency management plans aren't all that effective when the police and doctors are all dead.

Must be an awful lot of people who are missing the wonderful -script, academy award winning acting and simmering tension building plot as well as me then.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3743822/reviews?ref_=tt_urv

Or maybe, the show really is poorly written, woefully acted and downright pedestrian.

They left the food because they were 'in shock' - sure they did. lol

Tobias knew the guy was a walker. The teacher knew. But no, lets wander up to a growling shambling dead guy (acting just like the one she saw 2 hours ago) and ask "are you OK?"

Oh, hey Tobias, here's your knife, wanna lift home, but don't worry about all that food you broke into a school for, coz we are both in shock.

*Luckily she remembers the drugs, although nobody seems to have commented on that.*

Maybe it's not some slow-burn classic like some here would plead for you to believe, but just trite, quickly produced, B grade filler, with D grade actors and a truly awful -script.

Online reviews are scathing and viewers have dropped over 20% in one week.

A body count increase will not make up for the glaring deficiencies in this show, so to use that as a basis for deflecting criticism of said product is completely pointless. The standard of the show is simply too low for it to be a success in the long run, no matter how much spin ii put on it.

SPOILER.. just in case

the part that irratates me the most is... were going to worry ourselves silly and withhold all information from our teenage daughter who's actively trying to get to her obviously sick/ bitten boyfriend... ya know 'cause shes a teenager in love and all

SPOILER.. just in case

the part that irratates me the most is... were going to worry ourselves silly and withhold all information from our teenage daughter who's actively trying to get to her obviously sick/ bitten boyfriend... ya know 'cause shes a teenager in love and all

Yeah, that kind of bothered my wife and I too. We were like, just tell her everything that has happened! It's like telling a little kid to not to do something. "Why?" Because I said so! :sumo:

Saw Episode 2 last night. Better than the first, but with the same problems pointed out already.

I felt bad for the principal who just wanted to protect his school for the kids. But would you really walk towards this fellow to offer assistance?

9cc2bf02520caa0ad0563bf021b05d11e5b9af02.gif

8480d50a8b5a9af444ea0a96072195dd555ba596.gif

Rick would have taken care of his sickness real quick! Like she ended up doing.

7ba809919e50e0432d13300791513c371072b802.gif

I really think it's a natural disbelief that has to "sink in" that these people are actually the reanimated dead. This was her second interaction with one and she quickly now knows what to do. I don't see her hesitating anymore in future encounters. Remember Herchel was "saving" the walkers in his barn thinking that they could still be cured well after the outbreak.